Most popular song in human history

>most popular song in human history
>it's not even in English

Yeah I think it's safe to say that we won,gringos.

>it's generic shit

I don't understand this. I've only heard this song like once, but I hear people talking about how popular it is all the time.
What is this phenomenon?

I'm Hispanic our music is not all like this!

It's the most viewed video on YouTube and it is number 1 in the charts in almost every country.

OPPA GANGNAM STYLE

PASITO PASITO SUAVE SUAVECITO

Someone has to be really fucking stupid to think so, it'd be like thinking that all korean music is like gangnam style or that all music in english is top 40 bullshit

Pasito a pasito*

And yet I havnt listened to it once. Really exfoliates my cashew nuts

SOPA

*levels your entire country/state* by cutting down on bean exports*
Mmm yeah no try again sweetie

viewbots, evidently. There's no way it could get so many views without a meme surrounding it (like Gangnam Style)

It's made by a guy named Daddy Yankee in Puerto Rico. The guy has U.S. military insignia on his cap. Despacito is cointelpro

I fucking hear this song everywhere i go please make it stop

I'm the last person to believe in conspiracies and speculation, but honestly something is very fishy about this songs 'popularity'

The last one was in English and the one before that Korean. Do all beaners have Alzheimers or just you?

I have never heard this before

>spic (gypsy) aesthetics

>it's not even in English
The Beiber parts are.
Please stop lying user.

I smell shilling and Mexican jewery

I can explain why it's popular.
Spanish summer hits are evergreen in most european countries. You always see people like Enrique Iglesias, Nicky Jam, Alvaro Soler on top of every summer chart. We call these singers "mosquitos": they are annoying, everybody hates them but they are fucking everywhere, and only appear during summer. You never hear of them during the rest of the year.
The sole fact that this is a mosquito song released in January made a lot of people talk about it, make memes and just criticize it ("lol don't they know it's not time yet"), but that only contributed to its popularity. The usual mosquito listeners, aka kids and prebuscent girls who have a crush on the singer, contributed to the early omnipresence of the song in radio stations.

When the song's popularity was fading out, Bieber made a cover of it, and that made his american fanbase notice it. The original song got a huge boost in views from that day, making the mosquito land in the States. European radio stations kept transmitting the song because "hey, Bieber made a cover, it's popular in america now, and summer is near, so here's Despacito" basically resuscitating the mosquito to make it live for the summer. Now it keeps going on because "hey hey, don't you wanna listen to the most popular song ever?"

Also, according to spanish producer Nahum Garcìa, the reason for why Despacito beated the other mosquitos of this year was because of the clever beat stop when he says "De, spa, cito". It gets stuck in people's mind, and make it stand out from Enrique Iglesias's dischography of identical mosquito songs.

TL;DR
It wasn't viewbots, just a really smart strategy to make the song reach an audience that isn't generally interested in it.

Latinos are the majority

>The Beiber parts are.
nigga the most popular song on earth is full spanish, the bieber version isn't so popular

>Puerto Rico
GET IN HERE US BROS WE DID IT AGAIN

>most popular song in human history
um, no, it should probably be some mozart beethiven shit

Go back to fucking your 12 year-old sister Carlos

Ironically enough Despacito isn't that popular here in Puerto Rico.

what is this shit i've never heard of this song, why does it have 3 billion views.

>the most popular song in human history

gangam style tops its views plent of shit does desu. maybe the most popular song this month but thats about all.

The Beiber version is what got it into the USA, sparking world popularity. Then people tried to pretend like they wanted the "authentic" version. I'm sorry you'll always be a consolation for the Beibs.

na, it's actually the most viewed video on youtube of all time

It's literally the most viewed YouTube video

Spanish is a white language, brown faggots.

You're a white language, buddy.

oh boy
when america loves you that is not a good thing

Nah, it'd probably be something by Elvis or some artist who was popular in the Middle East or Southeast Asia...it can't possibly be anything from hundreds of years ago because the population was so much smaller it's not even comparable

Nope. Elvis didn't get 3 billion views on YouTube.

>most viewbotted song in history
wew

Youtube has 0% indication of popularity, those numbers are completely meaningless in the larger context, not just because they can be faked, but one person can be responsible for an absurd amount of views on their own

The song is so fucking overplayed by this point. The appeal of the song wears off so quick, what a boring shitty song.

>Youtube has 0% indication of popularity

You're genuinely delusional

At face value that numbers means nothing so in a question of popularity is meaningless

Since the amount of views a video has is not actually the number of views it has, it's just a number

>yfw spics were only noticed because of the based bieb man

Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in the world. So it's not odd at all. And no, English is not the 1st.

English is the second most spoken language you dumb cunt, Spanish is the language with the second most native speakers, very few people (in proportion) speak it as a second language

I just don't get it. It even has the generic copy paste Mexican drum beat.

DOO DA DO DA DOO DA DO DA