Post an album that genuinely makes you fucking INFURIATED that people give it as much credit as they do

Post an album that genuinely makes you fucking INFURIATED that people give it as much credit as they do

(Not just something that doesn't click or you find overrated, it has to make you feel genuine negative emotion when you hear it)

This and any album by Gambino for me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFVxGRekRSg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you have against Sprained ankle?
It's a good album with some meaningful lyrics.
She even said in an interview she never expected the album to be popular, it was just a way for her to channel some emotions.

your explanation could use some revision since there's lots of music that purposely makes you feel negative emotions, not everything has to be sunshine and rainbows

I have a physical aversion to Aerosmith.

This. Don't be a fag OP. If you have a problem with the album, explain yourself properly

luv dis album lol

I like the album, But i can see how you would find it overrated. The vocals are pretty generic at points.

In proportion to the credit it gets and juliens waifu status, it stands out as one of the most bland and cliche (vocally, lyrically, and melodically) albums I've ever sat through. There's a few decent parts, but as a whole it's bland and safe. This isn't a blow to skeletal music as a whole since I love artists like nick drake and Elliot smith.
The track that makes me the most angry is "Good News"

Like just fucking listen to good news and try to tell me that song is good

OP hates women confirmed

>any album by Gambino for me
Seriously this.
It's so bad it actually makes me angry.

Nah st Vincent is one of my favorite artists ever senpai

It totally pisses me off how his narcissistic quirks trick people into thinking his a diversely talented artist, because he's actually just desperately grasping at straws trying to find a niche

>bland
Right, because there's just such an influx about artists dealing with pressures of growing up in a religious community these days. It's just another one of those cliche themes. You're ridiculous.

You talk a lot about shit that is completely unrelated to the music lmao. I'm not big on gambino but who gives a shit about stuff like this? Just talk about how it sounds.

>Just talk about how it sounds.
youtube.com/watch?v=dFVxGRekRSg
It sounds like fucking shit

Convincing argument. You clearly know what you're talking about.

Not an argument either :^)

I never said I disagreed on Gambino. I'm just pointing out all your criticism of music is routed in bullshit. You're the one making the claim, you have to back it up.

I'm not OP man

>tfw no Julien Baker gf

You're retarded. Gambino does suck though.

She's got beautiful eyes and a beautiful mouth

Shes a lesbian right? Shame, i was hoping i would get to kiss her on the lips someday

Yeah, should've figured she was too good to be true
Her mouth/teeth is one of her best features

You weren't responding to the guy who made those criticisms, I'm back now.

He has a shit personality which reflects in his music and lyrics, and his desperation to find a niche is also obvious as fuck. People think that because he talks about how he's not like other rappers, he's not, and they also think that since h works on such a diverse array of material he's "talented" even though he sucks in every department. Redbone is ok though

Also

This is exactly what I'm fucking talking about you guys just want a waifu and since she's cute and has a genetically decent voice you think that means her music is good

Nah the fact she's cute is a bonus, I also find the album somewhat generic but i still enjoy it nothing ground breaking though. a 6.5/10 for me

Honestly, I still like Julien Baker but because the Waifu-fags showed up, I'm just going to agree with you. Maybe I just relate to the songs on a more emotional level which could be why I enjoy it so much. I also really, really like her voice.

She's far from revolutionary though.

I kind of agree with you that Gambino is a little too desperate not to be associated with others and to "stand out" but he's hardly the first musician to feel that way. It's not like that's unique in that regard.

how is she a waifu anything shes a lesbian

I agree with you man, waifu fags ruin music. really average shit gets all this attention because >lmao girl

My theory is that waifu fags exist in the weird niche where if the girl is too attractive they wont go for her, they want to idolize someone who they believe they could have a chance with. really they just want a quirky "artsy" cute girl

>source: recovering waifu fag

It's not fair to dismiss a woman's music just because people find them attractive and to also equate their success to the fact they're women.

Not an album but the many popular artists who only use music as a vehicle to start businesses and get rich. This sounds really dumb but it honestly is kinda disrespectful to me because music is such an important thing and there's so many douchebags use it for clothing lines and the like.

I have a little dislike for Gambino because Awaken, My Love! is such a mediocre fucking album. But because it's the only recent popular psychedelic soul and funk album everyone praises it because they've never heard anything like it. (That dislike increased when everyone started saying I look like him. AND I'm working on funk and soul music.)

>they want to idolize someone who they believe they could have a chance with. really they just want a quirky "artsy" cute girl

Yep. It's the same shit in some romantic comedies where the screenwriter can't get laid so he writes a girl who likes all the same music, movies and bullshit the main character does to create the ideal "fantasy girl".

It's pathetic and sad to see people get so obsessive over waifus and I get there's a level of irony we're all participating in here but the seem to lack any and all self-awareness.

This.
Shit on the waifufags not the artist.

>implying a woman will ever match the musical skill of parker

also i'm not dismissing them because they're woman i'm dismissing them because they aren't anything special

I meant to reply to more than one post, my bad.

Waifufags are cancer but Julien Baker transcends that because her music is actually good and she's actually qt

Velocity : Design : Comfort
D.I. Go Pop
Anything by Swans

Not because they're terrible but because they get overhyped as underappreciated patriciancore gems despite being entry level pleb garbage

it isnt good though

v:d:c is pretty great, d.i. is mostly discussed because of influence