Don't you fuckers get it?

Don't you fuckers get it?

The entire genre of electronica is commercial, all electronica is EDM, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian Sup Forums that has tried to make us believe EDM is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "rockist" who listens exclusively to "twings and twangs" and there's probably some racial element to it too. EDM music has no staying power. All of EDM is just a neo-disco sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "mechanical" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why EDM producers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. EDM is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of EDM beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone throws preset synths over it. The "technical aspects" of EDM are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves mixing with ease and speed, dropping polyrhythms like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "EDM fan", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like Basic Channel and Deepchord to the "golden days" of Derrick May and Frankie Knuckles to revival stuff like Mall Grab and Delroy Edwards to the 90s with 4hero and Omi Trio to the CLT approved Mouse on Mars and Autechre to today like DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn. All electronica is EDM. All of it. Stop spamming it. Either keep it contained into one threads or request a containment board. I'm sick of coming on Sup Forums and seeing a million DJ Rashad threads (none of which are about music btw).

>The majority of EDM beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING")

stopped reading there

All music is commercial. If not, show me a music store that has CDs or records you can walk out with, free.

what's the point of this thread

Bandcamp

OP really hates EDM.

All popular music is equal.

Rock, pop, electronic, hip hop, ambient, metal, punk, its all the same thing with slightly different instruments.

all sound is the same

it's just changes in air pressure

Well the point of art music is that it isn't commercial. It's funded by some other source so the composer isn't concerned with sales.

OP is thoroughly retarded in any case.

uhh no it really isn't

americans ruined electronic music

ooooooooh

You can walk away with that art completely free?

You people think too much

if you enjoy music it's good if you don't it isn't

What you throw a away will be adored by someone else and what you hold dear is worthless to another

Anything involving sampling is pretty stupid from an artistic standpoint. It's like making your own 5-course meal where the main dish has cut up Big Macs in it and calling yourself a master chef.

as opposed to cutting off your own arm and eating it
ok bud

shittiest analogy I've seen in a while

As opposed to making your own food from preparing preparing base ingredients yourself instead of just cutting up prepared food.
Go on.

>he doesn't grow his own vegetables and genetically design his own meat
pleb

Actually, I've built a monophonic synth from a Ricoh NES chip a few years back the I still use.

>ektoplazm
there you go you ignorant fuck

Thanks for answering my question with a sensible answer, knew it would work eventually. pahahahaha. ;)

Wrong, BandCamp allows you to give away 200 free downloads a month, any higher than that and you have to pay.

You retards realize this is just an edit of the "all rap is memerap" copypasta don't you?

this is complete nonsense

Are you too stupid to understand a simple food analogy?

>. I'm sick of coming on Sup Forums and seeing a million DJ Rashad threads (none of which are about music btw).
Nobody on this board has given a shit about DJ Rashad here since he died. And that was like 3 years ago.

It's a retarded analogy that doesn't work at all.

same here

Explain.