"King" Kendrick

>Kendrick Lmaoar
>greatest

The fuck am I reading? Serioisly what is this bullshit from Rolling Stone?

I can name 10 rappers greater than Kendrick off the top of my head.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eeTnog5RRQo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why did you make a thread for this?

Everybody knows RollingStone is and has always been shit.

>Kendrick Lmaoar

KRS has to kill him now IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN

>everybody knows

t. Schlomo

RS is great

>*best mainstream rapper
Besides rolling stone doesn't know shit about rap

I bet 7 out of the 10 rappers you list would acknowledge that Kenny is better than them and the other 3 are probably talentless Soundcloud meme rappers too whacked out on cough syrup and Mario Kart marathons to even know who Kendrick Lamar is.

do it

>I can name 10 rappers greater than Kendrick off the top of my head.
go ahead op

Nigga I ain't even naming underground shit. I can go with maonstream ones and still do it.

Ice Cube
LL Cool J
50 Cent
The Game
Method Man
Common
Rick Ross
Young Thug
Royce Da 5'9"

HAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA *breathes in* AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

meth > kenny > cube > royce > common > ll > 50 > game > rick ross > thugger

Kendrick Cucks

>LL Cool J
>50 Cent
>The Game
>Rick Ross
>Young Thug
>Royce Da 5'9"

Just stop. You fucking lost. You're only going to make it worse for everytime you call us a cuck.

aesop is the real greatest rapper alive

i think these guys are better than Kendrick when it comes to rapping. but albumwise Kendrick is the most exciting one lately. Damn was a letdown and even it was full of quality moments.

Inspectah Deck
Ghostface Killah
Nas
Talib Kweli
Common
Mos Def
Ice Cube
Big Boi
Andre
Bun B

I can see ice cube and MAYBE method man but the rest...

Yeah Aesop is good but Kendrick is still a bit better dude

mate did you even listen to Resurrection by Common? that album was full of quotables from Common. i agree late Common got too political and formulatic but his early albums are great.

this. Come on now.

is a much better list. Andre, Nas, Ghostface 100%, Mos and Talib almost certainly, and the others are at least on the same level.

man thank you for your kind words but how is Ghostface certainly better but Inspectah not? anyone who listened to first albums of Wu-Tang Clan can't argue Deck was the best rapper. his verses from Trimuph, Protect ya Neck and CREAM are some of the greatest verses ever.

and Mos and Talib are almost certain but Common is doubtful.

man in this song he outshines both Talib and Mos without any effort.

youtube.com/watch?v=eeTnog5RRQo

>Kendrick best rapper alive
Oh shit. Why wasn't there a sticky for Andre's death?

Oh yeah, i used to love H.E.R. is one of my favorites rap song , but still Common went to pretty shit lately while all kendrick album have been pretty good so far (except DAMN. that I think is mediocre at best)

you right, I always lowball Deck. It's just that I have more a connection with Ghostface's music than with anyone else in the clan, so I tend to think of him and not give the others their due. No doubt that sentimentality aside he's up there.

nah, aesop has better lyricism hands down I also prefer his flow way more. kendrick isnt bad by any means but he's not the goat

desu senpai andre 3000, and method man blow his ass out of the water

>Mos Def
>Andre 3000

Pretty much the only people better than Kendrick

fair enough. my favorite Wu solo album is Supreme Clientele. i also love Ghost a lot. i am sad my boy Deck gets no credit lately.

Some of those guys "go harder" than Kenny, but better? I don't think you understand what makes Kendrick... Kendrick.

He has a musicality to everything that he does from the phrasing to the post effects to the words themselves that is essentially unrivalled. He's not perfect, but he's the best we have.

Seriously, go to one of his shows. He works the crowd as good as anyone, ever. He speaks and you straight up listen.

Yeah aesop is miles better lyrically but his flow is just nowhere as good as kendrick. I dont know how he does it but kendricks flow is always perfect.

>I dont know how he does it but kendricks flow is always perfect.

yeah. best part about Kendrick. he can ride any kind of beat.

see flow is something that cant really be measured. I really cant stand kendricks flow but a lot of people love it. I think if you're looking for an objective way to measure how good music is you use tangible variables.

so for instance you would look at harmonic complexity, lyrical complexity, timbre, and rhyme scheme

harmonic complexity, and timbre for rappers at least is kinda a null field because most of those come on the beat making side, and since I assume the comparison is just based on rapping skill we're left with, rhyme scheme and lyrical complexity which aesop from a numbers perspective wins

I will try address flow a little bit as it is important, but from a numeric perspective its a bit hard. something to note though is that alot of rappers rap on the down beat where aesop raps on the upbeat or the "and" of a beat. I can't say its superior but it is something to take into consideration.

This is exactly 100% right.

Kendrick is next level. Even the greats like Mos Def or Eminem or Ghostface get sent the beat and then go off on top of it in the open space that you're supposed to go off in. Kendrick's rapping is not an "on/off" switch. He uses his voice like an instrument, every bar he spits is in service of the sound.

He is fluid in a way that no other rapper outside of maybe Andre 3000 (who I'm assuming he learned this from) is.

l m a o
kendrick is the GOAT. surely there's a few rappers who are more technical in some measurable way, but trying to say that makes them better than kendrick is retarded, like trying to figure out the best tennis player by looking at the speed of their serve or average running speed. do you faggots even have ears?

see but tennis players have metrics which are comparable to determine the best, I can look at on average how a tennis player returns the ball and on average how many times the fault a serve all these metrics can be measured to determine a solidified best player. because music is abstract it makes assigning numbers to its much harder, but we still are able to measure these and interpret the data. either music is subjective and trying to crown a GOAT is impossible or music objective and you're wrong.

>tldr: thats just like your opinion man

Kendrick's the best because he has the most variety in flow/delivery. Sure you can bring up other rappers like say DOOM/Aesop who're better lyricists, or Chuck D/Flaka who can do loud parts better, but at the end of the day it's all about flow/delivery in hip hop because they deliver on the musical aspect (the rhythmic one in particular that adds the interplay that make the genre interesting.) Stuff like lyrics or being able to shout loud thanks to compressors ain't shit compared to that.

this is an anti-kendrick psyop folks move along...

see while you view Kendricks flow as smooth I see it as muddy. flow is really subjective for music so when looking at rappers I try to avoid bringing it up because it will be argued to a stale mate because there is no evidence backing up someone flow other than the listeners ear.

TRU
R
U

list of biggest plebs
>(you)
>(you)
>(you)

50 cent is better than Kendrick

>argument out of popularity

Popularity does not equal quality yoi fucking pleb

Dude, hes just an industry plant. This is more prime evidence

>Am I fitting in yet?

Method Man, maybe. Ice Cube and LL perhaps in terms of energy but absolutely not lyrically, the rest no, not at all

Kendrick hate just makes me laugh so hard.

It's fucking everywhere on this fucking board, and I only see it on Sup Forums, these kids annoy me man