Flat Earth pt.2

Flat Earth pt.2

Discussion of geocentric vs. heliocentric understanding of the universe. Only people that are willing to debate no one welcome without actual evidence of both.

youtube.com/watch?v=vmqv-WuBP0A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WtYWkTEDgjM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite
youtube.com/watch?v=Ve810FHZ1CQ
google.cl/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/iss_ustream.html&ved=0ahUKEwjK8eDHz5nWAhXJC5AKHa7QD3wQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHfmYbT45ZlrCcvFeni9Qu89UF3QQ
blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2010/05/30/amazing-shot-of-iss-and-jupiter-during-daytime
youtube.com/watch?v=1MEF5S3Fsvs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no one welcome without actual evidence of both
Well since there's no evidence that the earth is flat, your logic implies that no one is welcome.
Well, bye!

The evidence is right before your eyes. How many times have you seen a ball or pear shaped earth? I see a flat earth everyday of my life. You can measure a flat earth you can't measure a ball earth. Nobody here can give evidence of a ball earth. It is literally impossible to prove a sphere spinning around the sun.

What do you mean by prove?

explain air travel, the different constellations of the North and South hemisphere and Eric Dubay's cross dressing, flat tard

Hold on. OP hasn't provided proof of the heliocentric understanding of the universe.

By their own logic, they are not welcome to debate.

youtube.com/watch?v=WtYWkTEDgjM

Flat-tards cannot explain global positioning systems.

Only image NASA has given. There is supposed to be a space station up there but I can't find any real pictures from it.

Thats almost a minute of bs and no substance. In short, some flat earthers believe flight paths to be fabrications, that commercial planes can secretly fly super sonically, use mental gymnastics and cherry pick flight paths, or ignore the issue all together. No one really has an answer.

Sure you can it's called ground based towers same. Show me a real picture of a satellite.

Here is what I found.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite

Although I am not a flat earther it is generally not known that our internet and telephone Communications are a product of underwater InterContinental sea cables. Once I learned this to be a fact, the possibility of GPS really just being cellphone towers no longer seems that far out to me.

Are you fucking retarded or just a troll? You can go to the store, buy a telescope and view satellites and even the International Space Station.

Pleas explain to me how my GPS worked out in the middle of the Mojave desert? No cellular connectivity whatsoever.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve810FHZ1CQ

Have you?

Explain the northern and southern lights flat earthers

THE EARTH ISN'T FLAT ITS A PYRAMID BECAUSE ALLAH PRAISED THE AFRICANS AND HE MADE IT A PYRAMID

That's a lie and you know it is. You're just being incredibly dishonest.

I can't explain that to you, Sorry.

checked

Here's the deal: there are three types of Flat Earthers who regularly post to Sup Forums: assholes who troll for spite, asshole intellectuals who troll to test your knowledge and debate skills, and literal Bible interpreters (LBIs). They all have the freedom to make shit up (lie) because truth and understanding are not their goals, and they end the arguments with "prove me wrong." This nefariously refirects the onus onto you to spend your precious life's time to provide information already available that they haven't and won't consider. By disavowing any science or proofs put forward and continuing to make shit up, they "win" by eroding your patience. It is simply impossible to keep up with having to explain away the barrage of assaults violating the most basic principles of geometry, math, science, and logic.

They aren't interested in critical thinking, refuse to put in the requisite effort to do the science, are blind to 3D visualization, and regularly refuse to respond when they can't fabricate anything that would pass even their own red-faced test. LBIs concentrate on believing what their leaders tell them while ironically calling you a "sheeple," and will not allow any sense to mar their fractured perception of the universe. They believe their interpretation of the Bible is flawless, and are actually trying to save your soul. The trolls will simply post sillier arguments and regularly resort to insults and taunts often implying or accusing you of being complicit in conspiracies to keep you posting.

In any case there is simply no arguing. Like trying to paint over mud, you just end up with a dirty brush.

I have. You should, too. Actually using science does help to assuage the Luddites.

Dude, there is a Livestream from the ISS

google.cl/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/iss_ustream.html&ved=0ahUKEwjK8eDHz5nWAhXJC5AKHa7QD3wQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHfmYbT45ZlrCcvFeni9Qu89UF3QQ

Ok, if you have, post a pic to Sup Forums if and when you can.

Let ME explain it to YOU. Geosynchronous satellites send multiple signals that can be read and triangulated by a GPS device that can give precise locations. Oddly, GPS requires a time factor correction due to the fact that satellites are much further away from the gravity well of Earth. This means there's a time dilation factor to be corrected. Time moves slower on the surface of Earth than it does in orbit.

>Flat tards don't believe in gravity, so this is meaningless to them.

You can believe that if you want, no one is stopping you. It may even be true. However, I don't believe it, because i dont see much evidence to support it.

It's even worse... when their dogma is confronted and disproved with real world science, they develop more and more convoluted, Occam's Razor-defying explanations... like the stars being a contraption of rotating disks in the sky along with mirrors for different hemispheres.

>I see a flat earth everyday of my life.
That's not proof. This is interpreting what you see as flat from your assumption that you would be able to perceive a curvature on a ball as large as the Earth. Basically, you're not going to the next step, finding a ball as big as the Earth (or even a section of such a ball), standing on it and seeing if you can tell there's a curve. Your "proof" is simply anecdotal.

I'm sorry there's people out there who have never had the benefit of an education.

>Communications are a product of underwater InterContinental sea cables. Once I learned this to be a fact, the possibility of GPS

You're mixing metaphors. Communications and GPS are independent of each other. The only communication in GPS is time signal. And it works anywhere in the world, whereas cell phones do not.

Show me a picture of the space station.
I can show you a close up picture of the moon using a Nikon P900 camera but you can't see any satellites.

Lol! if you want to call being told that there are floating metal contraptions flying above your head at thousands of miles per hour, that you cant see, an education then i'm sorry for you. No need to be disrespectful towards people who disagree with you.

>implying you will see a satellite while standing on a rock millions of miles away from low earth orbit while also being exposed to unfiltered rays of the sun with human eyes alone

>Geosynchronous satellites send multiple signals that can be read and triangulated by a GPS
GPS satellites are most definitely *not* in geosynchronous orbits. You're confusing them with communication satellites.

One thing the flat tards cannot EVER do- give a reasonable explanation as to WHY there is some dark international conspiracy over the course of a thousand years to deceive the world as to it's true nature.

And, apparently, every government is "in on it". Every college, university, elementary school, high school.... public and private... every research scientist, everyone with access to the most basic of scientific equipment that verifies the Earth is round... they're all "in on it"

...and no one can say "why"

Observation and experiment simple science. I have never observed a sphere spinning and rotating around a sun.

Sure, I know that, to some degree, is what they tell us. But I don't really buy the idea that there are metal toasters with solar panels flying above our heads a thousand miles per hour. I believe that there is probably some other answer.

The ISS can be seen with the naked eye as a light moving across the sky. I have seen it. You could see the space shuttle in orbit.

Low Earth orbit is not millions of miles away, friend. And, you may view these things at night.

Get a telescope. You may view Mars. You may track it's orbit. It's path is predictable and observable. You may also see that each time you look at it, it has rotated.

It's a sphere, by the way.

>Show me a picture of the space station.
Search for images on Google using this string:
amateur telescope satellite photo iss
Pic related. The top three rows are almost all amateur astronomers who have modified their scopes to be able to track satellites, or at least the ISS. They get videos and photos of it.
You just don't *want* proof.

See this:

>not millions of miles
Hyperbole, I know, but it is 238,900 miles away. I don't think the astronauts who walked on the Moon were able to see a communications satellite from that distance. The entire "sky" of space would've been black to them save for the Earth, the Sun, and several other bodies in space, like Venus.

Forgot to attach picture.

Ok, so you claim you have seen a light floating up in the sky. That is one thing. To claim that light is actually a huge floating facility that houses men women who float around inside is an entirely other thing. Actually i have never really seen a space shuttle going to space, i just see it curve and disappear.

So, let me get this straight... NASA has been behind this all. NASA, who have been around for ~60 years. But they've been covering up the flat Earth for 500 years.

'K

The ISS is 254 miles up. Not millions of miles, not 238,000 miles.

That is all CGI garbage. Does any of those pictures look real to you? You probably think Star Wars is real too.

>Observation and experiment simple science. I have never observed a sphere spinning and rotating around a sun.

1) you haven't really tried. You've done enough to let you think you've got evidence, then quit.
2) Observation alone is not sufficient. You also have to prove the opposite is false.
3) You then have to turn over your experiment, observations, evidence, parameters, and conclusions for review.
Then you've got something. Standing on your porch and squinting is not proof.

Again, I have a telescope. I have seen satellites, the shuttle, and...wait for it... the ISS.
With the telescope and with the naked eye. Are you that much of a luddite that you'll deny something you can verify with a trip to your local WalMart?

Your troll is obvious.

>By disavowing any science or proofs put forward and continuing to make shit up, they "win" by eroding your patience.

>The ISS
Okay, you might be trolling now. One, I mentioned the Moon's distance on two occasions, not the distance of the ISS. Two, would you be able to see the ISS from the Moon, on the bright side of the Moon?

I will admit to you that is a very very strange looking something. But seeing a strange thing in a picture isn't enough to convince me that men and women are floating around inside a huge metal craft.

Well, go become an astronaut.

Utterly irrelevant. You cannot see satellites from Earth in daylight, either... and the moon's a fuckload further away.

So, WHY is this great truth being hidden from us? For centuries.

I may be able to go out and see something strange in the sky with a powerful camera or telescope, but that doesn't mean that there are and have been men and women magically floating around inside a big metal craft going thousands of miles per hour.

>a picture isn't enough to convince me that men and women are floating around inside a huge metal craft

And there will never be anything that will convince you. But in refuting all evidence in deference to your opinion renders virtually everything you say inconsequential. You're useless.

I'm sorry you lack a basic education that includes science.

Wait until a new moon
go outside
go to a dark location away from city lights
look straight up
continue to look up for 30 minutes or so
you will fucking see satellites.

It is a bit of a jump to say that just because I reject certain pictures i am unreasonable or automatically reject all potential pieces of evidence. For me, a great start in favor of this whole space stuff idea would be a live cam on the moons surface.

>men and women magically floating around inside a big metal craft going thousands of miles per hour

Absolutely correct. Magic had nothing to do with it

Again, I may be able to go out and see something strange in the sky with a powerful camera or telescope, but that doesn't mean that there are and have been men and women magically floating around inside a big metal craft going thousands of miles per hour.

>For me, a great start in favor of this whole space stuff idea would be a live cam on the moons surface.

That's disingenuous at best.
What do you expect from such a device?
How would you justify the expense of sending up such a device?
What's to stop you from claiming *its* output is CGI?
You're making an unreasonable demand that would produce a null result with a fallback dismissal. Why would anyone enter into such a deal with you?

Flat tards claim that Antarctica is actually an ice wall that encircles the pancake planet. AND, that it's guarded by an armada of warships that prevent and private ships from learning this GREAT TRUTH.

>This armada would have to have over 100,000 ships manned at all times. And, none of the crews have ever tattled on them. None of the encounters have ever been recorded. None of these ships have ever came back to port for provisions or changing crew, or for service.

Not irrelevant. In fact, you saying that you cannot see satellites from Earth in daylight either only strengthened my point. No shit, the Moon is a fuckload further away, hence 238,000 miles, and that you're not likely to see the ISS from there, let alone any satellite, unless it's particularly out there and at a particular angle with respect to the Sun. But, the Earth has an atmosphere as well. The Moon doesn't, so there's a lot going on regarding exposure and atmospheric filtering. So it is even more the case that you're not about to just see any of, or all of the satellites at once during the day on Earth, but the reasons why differ greatly from that of the Moon. For example, the Moon, while not having an atmosphere to filter light through, is also 238,000 miles away. But you can absolutely see the ISS during the day using instruments on Earth.

I'm sorry it's not magic actually it's 'gravity'? Lol apparently its falling towards the earth yet its moving so fast it misses the earth. It is all great fiction that really tickles my ears. Anyone remember Henry Cavendish?

The fact you cannot grasp basic scientific principles that allow objects to achieve and maintain orbit speaks volumes about you. About your lack of education, your inability to accept science over spooky conspiracy theories... and that you're a post-modern Luddite.

Stand on an object that rests on wheels while holding a bowling ball, and then throw the bowling ball away while keeping your feet off the ground.

>But you can absolutely see the ISS during the day using instruments on Earth.
No. You cannot. You may view it at night, though... see there's this thing called "daylight" which causes "glare". I'll make it even simpler for you- During a full moon, you see far less stars in the sky at night. Because of the glare.

How are you not grasping this? I'd use simpler words, but I don't know any.

>I'm sorry it's not magic actually it's 'gravity'?

No, it's the result of years of calculations, experimentation, engineering, trial and error, lives, and the efforts of hundreds of thousands of employees who actually worked towards constructive goals. Yes, rocket motors have been constructed the lifted payloads, etc. etc.

The fact that you dismiss it all tells me that you are being willfully ignorant, and you're a waste of time and energy.

The sarcasm and humor in your post would only work if you spoke from a position of knowledge. As it is, your clear demonstration of stubborn stupidity makes you look like an asshole.

I can remember Earch was flat when the Universe was 2D, but now it seems to go to 4d, and scientists say that there still 11 implicit dimensi9ns

So, WHY is this secret being kept from us ordinary people? Still waiting for an answer.

Your fake photos are obvious now who is the troll?

>but you cannot
If I'm not mistaken, that's the Moon, too.

>see there's this thing called "daylight" which causes "glare"
Enough glare to turn the sky a blinding white? I don't think so. There's a full moon during the afternoon for you. Also, the ISS.

Lol i am not asking for anyone to "enter into a deal" with me. I am just saying what it would take for me to begin to believe in the space stories. Even if it were CGI it would have to be pretty impressive, every single visible star would have to be in the exact right spot or somebody could spot the discrepancy. I dont think it is that unreasonable, all the other junk we have supposedly left on the moon...no one decided to setup a live feed? Perhaps nobody thought of the idea, perhaps it was too expensive, or perhaps they just didn't have the capablity to recreate every single star in its right positions in a Hollywood studio back then.

Why can't you see stars in the daytime?

This is copy pasta

>No. You cannot.
Umm... yes, you can. It's just very, very difficult.
blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2010/05/30/amazing-shot-of-iss-and-jupiter-during-daytime

Bill Nye isn't a scientist.

Thats gr8 m8, anyway, its clear we disagree on a certain topic. Lets just agree to disagree, again there is no reason to get hostile or hate a person who doesn't believe what you do.

Yeah, yeah, we've been through the photo, dismiss, evidence, fake... cycle already. You've made it clear you're a troll.

Thats gr8 m8, anyway, its clear we disagree on a certain topic. Lets just agree to disagree, again there is no reason to get hostile or hate a person who doesn't believe what you do.

Youre fucking dumb. Try making money on a direct flight out of Jo-Burg to anywhere with a 777?

Yes, it is. I'm the author. I'm not about to re-write this from scratch every time this idiotic thread comes up.

What 's your beef?

Flat tards disagree with gravity... and I do not "believe", I know using science. Your BELIEF in magic pancake Earth is an article of faith. Faith not in the lack of proof, but DESPITE proof.

Neither are you.

We cannot leave low earth orbit. Never been to the moon. What else can they lie to us about?

youtube.com/watch?v=1MEF5S3Fsvs

But I have evidence. You only have opinion. As long as you keep your opinion out of the schools, we're okay.

I actually have a degree in science though it isn't in astrophysics.

You're an idiot. Stop getting your science from jewtube.

YouTube videos for proof instead of centuries of science

>My sides just left low Earth orbit

>see there's this thing called "daylight" which causes "glare"
See, there's this thing called "the Sun", which causes "glare" when its rays reach Earth at a time we call "the day". But since the rays of "the Sun" reach Earth, hence the "glare", and bump into the particles within the atmosphere, the particles in the atmosphere slow them down until only a certain frequency of that light from "the Sun" is inherently visible, apart from the direct rays of light from "the Sun" itself; 476 nanometers, or, sky blue. All that light overpowers any sort of light reaching the Earth from distant starts, thus, we do not see them during the day, unless their light is powerful enough to overcome the scattering of light from "the Sun" in the sky.

They call the act of rays from "the Sun" being scattered by molecules of the atmosphere, diffusion.

I am not a flat earther, others here are though, as you get older i hope you will learn to respect people regardless of what they believe.

>We cannot leave low earth orbit.
Liar.

Science is a religion since most of it can't be proven therefor it relies on faith.

Oh, you sweet child.

As I got older, I grew less and less patient with voluntary stupidity. Thus me calling you people "Luddites" this entire thread.

We have never been past the van allen belts and NASA admits it.

Yes, physics, calculus, hell ALL that stuff is just religious dogma. You're a clever one, all right.