The Void Pill - Simulated Reality

extremetech.com/extreme/227126-neil-degrasse-tyson-says-its-very-likely-the-universe-is-a-simulation

>At the most recent Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate, recently held at New York’s Hayden Planetarium, scientists gathered to address the question for the year: Is the universe a computer simulation? It’s an older question that you might imagine, and if we interpret it a bit more broadly then it’s really one of the oldest questions imaginable: How do we know that reality is reality? And, if our universe were a big, elaborate lie, could we ever devise some test to prove that fact? At the debate, host and celebrity astronomer Neil deGrasse Tyson argued that the probability is that we live in a computer simulation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K4rCzA8fS84
youtu.be/t_RwcGzGurc
youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/physicists-discover-clearest-evidence-yet-that-the-universe-is-a-hologram-9000748.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tfw we are apart of some really big upper dimension neets mmorpg

That neet is probably upset at how many characters are becoming fat like him.

We iz matrix n shiet

Swallowing a pill that a dindu touched

this is a more shit mmo than runescape. step it up ayy lmaos, geez.

>tfw my user makes me fap all day

I don't even want these stats...

With VR improving, its not unfathomable to see that we could create our own simulated realities, whats to say it hasn't already happened?

> Neil deGrasse Tyson

Someone tell the devs that the SJW update ruined everything. We need a sequel to the Space Race expansion

Well we have digital physics,reality being based on information?

youtube.com/watch?v=K4rCzA8fS84

Watch this

>tfw no stat reset without wiping out your profile

>tfw reality is a meme simulation and none of this is real
>still have to get a fucking job

FUCK HOW DO I HACK THIS FUCKING PROGRAM?

>neil deweed man tyson
It's not even like if our reality was a simulation, that our existence becomes invalidated. It's an unanswerable question, regardless of how much theoretical math/physics you can muster up to find out, you still won't get an answer.

This is also a Rogan meme.

I heard you can bust out of the Matrix with enough Alpha Brain injections. Use promo code POZZ at checkout.

Dmt, lsd, od and youre set free.

What if... God owns a computer?!

sounds like rehashed platonism

What if god is the computer" solved"

>the matrix
>neo-nigger of prophecy

>mfw rogan actually did make it to the other side which is why his life is soo good right now.

>at the beginning there was a word
What if that word was a command?

It's not a meme, there's a lot of science behind it now and simulated universe theory is much more plausible than material universe.

>we are actually an MMO designed by an advanced alien race
>players get to design your adult look and allocate your initial stats
>different races and factions to choose from
>one life only

if the universe is a simulation then why isnt this post trips

>Prompt
Ftfy

>atheists will readily believe we literally live in the Matrix but scoff at people who believe in God

it is a meme. it's retarded to unironically use a human construct like a computer to try and explain the universe

>tfw when humans will inevitably design a mini-universe and control it as gods but deny they're in the exact same spot

It is in a parallel universe

same thing with the multiverse theory

Science that you aren't even capable of understanding without specialized knowledge of math and physics, and science conducted with relatively no evidence. How do you peer review a formula that approximates the statistical probability of the universe being simulated?

Dont be a faggot. The only reason this theory exisits is because the human brain is incapable of understanding the universe so it defaults the the what it currently understands as the most complex understanding at the moment.

What if the universe that created our simulated universe also a simulation?

why? In all honesty I don't understand.

Wrong pic

JUST TOOK A TABLESPOON OF HEMP SEED OIL BRAH HOW MUCH ALPHA BRAIN I NEED TO GO BEYOND?

This virtual reality fantasy bullshit is supposed to be more plausible than religion?

>Scientists: there is no omnipotent god, only extradimensional beings

>mfw people actually choose African-American to intentionally troll other users

isnt this all based on a fallacy?

its based on the observer effect fallacy - where people think the particles behave differently when you look at them - when really they are just behaving differently because in order to observe them, you cant just use your fucking eye - you have to smash particles into them thus altering their behavior entirely.

Philosophers have been saying that its pretty likely we're in a simulation for fucking decades now.

Why is this even newsworthy?

"Simulation Theory" is baby-tier spirituality that a vast amount of religious sects have already embraced and mapped.

It would be way to much for me to adequately explain here. Start off with and then explore some of the points brought up further via other videos and articles.

mfw so many players are choosing the muslim race in order to troll everyone with their OP abilities of victimhood, newly added islamophobia feature, and increased explosion radius and achievement unlocks with suicide bombs. They just keep rerolling because the game doesnt matter to them :

>Be me
>Be in a simulation
>Still have a shitty job
>Have shit grades
>No gf
>Life in general is shit
WHY THE FUCK IS LIFE SO SHIT IN THIS SIMULATION FUCK YOU PROGRAMMERS

>they get together in their own version of Sup Forums to raid the game as niggers and jews

it all makes sense now

>tfw just started playing runescape again.

Nostalgia bros

IDDQD
IDKFA

Whats wrong with him saying that?
Hes just pointing out that reflections arent real because perspective varies.

The black actor who plays a scientist in popular culture said it

Nobody really takes philosophers seriously.

A video which starts with a Matrix analogy, I don't really know.

Btw. do you guys also think that neil de grass tyson is basically the adult form of clock kid?

If this is "baby tier" then what is adult tier spirituality?

Work on your stats bro. This is the sims, not grand theft auto

Who gives a fuck what this Reddit meme scientist thinks?

kek worship and meme magic.

Just watch the video, it's meant to be normie friendly. You will be mindfucked after if this concept is very new to you.

Earth is an intergalactic reality TV show pretty much like Big Brother where the producers use the Jews on Earth to manipulate events here for more spacekeks. They literally just fuck with us for funny storylines

youtu.be/t_RwcGzGurc

Its bretty long but he explains it well.

>mfw i used the lottery hack to win
The game's rigged from the start, user. They expect you to cheat, so you might as well do it.

The reality IS a matrix.
How fucking dumb do you need to be not to realize that. Everything in science says so.

>mfw it would be better as gta

>assert that everything is matter

>plumb the depths of matter

>discover there really is not matter

and now the faggots are having brain farts

I wouldn't say the concept is new to be, I think every 12 year old has already heard about it. I was just wondering how anybody would believe, that it is very likely that we actually live in a simulated reality. Even if it were true, how could we ever find out? What kind of evidence do these people have?

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo

yea yea I know its CoD but dude explains all the simulation shit in a nice way

We could never prove or not prove that we live in a simulated reality because both assertions could be a part of the simulation/programming itself. It then follows that we couldn't prove or disprove anything for the same reason.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. You can tell this shit is fake.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/physicists-discover-clearest-evidence-yet-that-the-universe-is-a-hologram-9000748.html

Pretty much.

One theory is that all information is actually encoded on 2D "Packets" and that 3D space is an illusion.

Basically like how when you get close enough to a monitor you can see the pixels. Only these are tens of trillions of times smaller than atoms.

jesus christ his legs

>People don't think we live in a simulated reality

I'm 90% sure that I'm the only real person and everyone else is actually just a bot. I'm onto all of you.

right, that's why the whole concept is stupid and meaningless. There is nothing to gain in seriously following this path.

DELETE THIS

>How do we know that reality is reality?
Literally 500BC question, and I doubt the black science guy has anything more to add.

Also, concerning the simulation, its a joke.
Common agreement of physical existance of man is particles. Regardless of simulation or not, these particles follow the laws of physics.
From this follows that free will or the lack of it has nothing to do with simulation.
So too if one is to think of god, he too is regardless of simulation.
Simulation, infact, cannot change the fundamentals if you really think of it. Since simulation too is a slave to the fundamental "laws" of the world.

And we are just the npcs, fuck this gay earth

There are many paths. I guess if the only self realization fedoras can achieve is through a "scientific" door that le based physics man has shown them, then great.

It's all BULLSHIT.

Tfw this is true for every being

My friend was asking me this.

Philosophically speaking, how can you be sure that anyone else is actually sentient?

I like how they ruined the article by just focusing on what black science man said.

So Law of Attraction? Talk about baby tier..

You are all so fucking dumb that it hurts, look at the shapes, not the colours, the colours always lie

The implications here are of a demiurge, not of a computer you fucking morons, this is literally masonic propaganda

Philosophically speaking, how can you be sure of anything?
T. You actually can be, but it,s hars.

>2D

good news for waifufags

Dwayne Hoover pls go

Self-realization is the most fedora meme in the world, its all about feeling enlightened by your own euphoria

I watched, it sort of makes sense, so we are really in a simulated universe, what happens when we die then? Do we wake up?

why wouldn't ayy lmaos build simulations?

"The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth—it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true"

open them up and see whats inside

>it's simulations, all the way down. because science
When did black science man start promoting magical thinking?

Read Asimov's "The Last Question" short story. It is mindblowing

>Every person is a bot whos programming is based off of someone else in a different simulation
>Everyone's simulation is unique to them and you only interact with proxies of everyone else
>All of this false people believe they're actually the person they're imitating

>runescape is shit

You have it backwards, man
All Mankind literally ever does is to imitate Nature

ITT
>we can`t figure out quantum mechanics so its all just an alium`s computer ayyyy lmao

Ok I have watched the stupid video. They didn't give any hints on why the simulation thing should be more plausible than material universe. So it basically was meme magic all along?