Which ones don't belong

Which ones don't belong

>only one british album and it was 17 years ago

Why are britbongs so bad at music, bros?

this but unironically

>18 albums, 15 american
Why do americans have such limited taste

This is horrific

Literally none of them - you can make decent arguments for Person Pitch and GKMC but that's it.

>Kid A
>Funeral
>Turn on the Bright Lights
>THe Glow Pt. 2
>Merriweather Post Pavilion
>Modern Vampires of the City
>Illinois

really just seems like you don't like hip hop

rtj and tpab

I really agree with this

Except for the Kendrick parts

Try again, pleb.

solange was clearly 100% political. nobody gives a shit about that album. and i like it.

>Emergency and I
>Interpol
>The Rapture
>Arcade Fire
>Illinois
>Silent Shout
>Fleet Foxes
>Anco
>Kanye
>Bon Iver
>Vampire Weekend
>RTJ
>Solange

these are all mediocre albums

We're not, idk how In Rainbows didn't beat Person Pitch t bh

because Person Pitch is excellent and IR is forgettable

correctamundo

2002 (interpol is mediocre)
2003 (so many good albums, De-Loused, Sung Tongs)
2006 (Ys)
2008 (deathconsciousness)
2011 (smile sessions, a compilation so good it should be aoty easily)
2013 (vampire weekend fucking sucks)
2014 (The Satanist, Ujubasajuba, solid year in general)
2016 (Radiohead, Vektor)

>Only Radiohead and Kendrick
haha get the fuck out of here.

Both those Kendrick albums are acceptable choices, though I could think of better for either year. Kid A is decent, and I can't think of a better album from 200 of the top of my head. I'm also fine with the Glow pt. 2 and Person Pitch
user I have better taste than you

other way round mate

In Rainbows is so fucking overrated holy shit
Amnesiac > AMSP > Kid A > OK Computer = The Bends >> In Rainbows > HTTT >>> TKoL >>>>>>>>>>> Pablo Honey

Both those Kendrick albums are very good, I agree and TPAB probably my AOTY for that year though.

>Decent
>AOTY

Radiohead fucking sucks dude and the fact that you're even remotely okay with Kid A shows you have no fucking taste at all.

Unironically none of them. Indiefags ruin everything.

Radiohead is garbage in general and shouldnt be on any list.

>The Bends that low
do you hate fun

Radiohead are perfectly enjoyable band once you get past the fact that they're worshipped like the second coming.
The idea that you can judge my taste because I like one band (I don't even like them that much) is rather silly

>Solange

Literally fucking who?

>Radiohead fucking sucks dude and the fact that you're even remotely okay with Kid A shows you have no fucking taste at all.
>Not understanding opinion
>Criticizing other's taste as if yours is in anyway superior
>TPAB is your AOTY
I think this shows that you have no fucking taste

what was a better album in 2015?

>The Bends
>fun
Joint fourth isn't so bad user, it's a 7/10 I like it :)

I am superior to everyone on this board. TPAB might be circlejerked a lot and borderline "pitchfork-tier" but Radiohead is probably one of the worst bands to ever take the stage. So those statements are in no way comparable.

Vulnicura by a fucking mile
Sauna
Tundra (by the group Lakker)
Garden of Delete

Cool I'll check them all out. Thanks for the suggestions. Sauna and a Crow Looked at Me are the only Phil Elverum albums I haven't checked out yet but I'll get on it

Garden of Delete for one

TPAB is bad P-Funk mixed with cheesy R&B and a lukewarm concept. The only good tracks are u and For Sale (great production on that one) Kendrick's rapping is also nothing special at all. And I like GKMC a lot

American Drift
You're Dead!
Ship of Theseus
Universal Themes

Nah m8t
OK Computer = In Rainbows >The Bends > Kid A > AMSP > HTTT > Amnesiac >>> TKoL >>>>>>>>>>> Pablo Honey

For me, I enjoy every second of TPAB and listened and liked it before I thought it was a cool thing to do so but I respect your opinion. I'll check that album out

Sauna is one of my absolute favourites of Phil's, I think it's really wonderful
ACLAM is either underrated or overrated by everyone, I think it's a good and definitely worth at least one close listen, but I can't help but miss his more sonically adventurous side

Kendrick has an irritating voice and critics are willing to overlook it because his music is "relevant"

Music should be judged on how it sounds and nothing else.

So just don't listen to rap I guess?

>The Rapture
Jesus fuck, does anyone remember them? I'm getting misty-eyed

Radiohead is fucking gutter trash and a cringe-tier band. You should all feel bad for liking them.

switch AMSP and TKOL and you are literally me holy shit

Person Pitch and Emergency and I, because they're good

I like how TPAB sounds.

That's pretty subjective user, I've never fond his voice irritating and I'm not a particularly big fan or anything
Old Man Mark Kozelek on the other hand is objectively painfully to listen to, same thing for Old Man Frank Black

Sung Thongs is from 2004 my m9te

Maybe not his rapping but he has no business trying to sing a hook, it's embarrassing.

Awesome! Ya I started checking Phil's stuff out about 3 months ago and he's quickly become one of my favourite artists. I started with Don't Wake Me Up and then gradually worked my way through his discography chronologically. Two albums to go!

Eh, I've never really minded, I kind of like his voice desu

beyonce's woke sister who sllaaaaayyyyyssss girl

I like RTJ just fine but best of 2014, really?

What were your favourites?
Also, I hope you've been checking out his non studio albums too because stuff like Seven New Songs, Live in Bloomington, and Song Islands (both but in particular volume 2) are essential imo

>American site listens exclusively to American music bar the occasional flavor of the month from a Western European country ranks American albums as the best

Shocking.

Illinois is the best album on the list by fucking miles

All of Kendrick Lamar's albums because he's black.

>The Bends better than Kid A

You're literally a very sick person

echoes, rtj2, and a seat at the table

none of these albums are really ones that we'll talk about for years. the rest have all stayed big

Live stuff I still need to check out!
Song Islands I wasn't huge on.
My favourites were Glow Pt 2, Wind's Poem and Mount Eerie (which I would assume are not super radical picks). I've enjoyed every album to a certain extent, but I seemed to keep coming back to his older stuff (especially the 4 Microphones records).
What are your favourites?

Here comes the indian then

Cringe

The ones that aren't shitty new wave, how dare they recognize modern music.

Run The Jewels, TBK should be there.

emergency & i is a good album, but nobody gives a fuck
glow pt2 is the same
so is echous
nobody even remembers the knife
bon iver is the same
run the jewels is meh
and who the fuck is solange?

Everything but Run The Jewels to be honest

>Live stuff I still need to check out!
I really enjoy it, Bloomington in particular has a really weird arrangement that's myth and vibes heavy, it really shows off his compositions in a different light
>Song Islands I wasn't huge on.
the first one is probably a bit overrated yeah, although I'll forever be in love with the instrumental brass heavy version of The Moon
>Glow Pt 2, Wind's Poem and Mount Eerie
yeah nothing to controversial there, personally,
1. Mount Eerie
2. Ocean Roar
3. the Glow pt. 2
4. Dawn
5. Sauna
I always thought of Ocean Roar as the realisation of what he was trying to do with Wind's Poem, which while I like, never really grabbed me. I find Ocean Roar just as atmospheric as Wind's Poem, but also just so intense and gorgeous

>myth
synth

none of them

> RTJ2 wins album of the year but is the worst RTJ album
2014 is objectively the worst year of the decade

Waves on Ocean Roar is an unbelievable experience with headphones. I wasn't really blown away by the rest of the album, but I'll be listening to it more. Dawn is one that I enjoy, but doesn't feel like a surreal experience as much as his other records do.

Since I am fairly new to Phil and don't know anyone personally who has even heard of him, it was awesome discussing his music with someone else for once. Thanks!

No problem user, he's one of my absolute favourites to so I'm always happy to discuss him :)

>1999 Café Tacvba - Revés/Yosoy
>2000 Boris - Flood
>2001 Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You
>2002 Carissa's Wierd - Songs About Leaving
>2003 The Microphones - Mount Eerie
>2004 Isis - Panopticon
>2005 Meshuggah - Catch 33
>2006 Natural Snow Buildings - Dance of Moon & Sun
>2007 The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand
>2008 Have a Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
>2009 Sunn O))) - Monoliths & Dimensions (I didn't know what the fuck to put for this year)
>2010 Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me
>2011 Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972
>2012 ?
>2013 Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory and Injury
>2014 Swans - To Be Kind
>2015 ?
>2016 ?

So no, none of them belong

solange

should've been frank

>

>meshuggah
>good

>Dismemberment Plan
>Microphones
>Interpol
>The Rapture
>Arcade Fire
>Sufjan Stevens
>Person Pitch
>Fleet Foxes
>AnCo
>Kanye
>Bon Iver
>Kendrick
>Vampire Weekend
>Kendrick again
>Solange
Not even close

Thx for the chart :3

Gorguts does not belong on that chart

You anons are the only one's that responded to this thread seriously, so here's a free (You)

i can understand how they all could be considered good though i think a good amount of them arent
though for most of these to be considered the best album of that year
pretty laughable

i dont know why people care what p4k thinks

Dropped at Radiohead