How many of you dorks can actually appreciate this painting. am i the only artfag on 4fag?

how many of you dorks can actually appreciate this painting. am i the only artfag on 4fag?

So to be an artist these days all you need to do is paint a tan background, add a white box, some lines, and wala you are a master artist

Troll art is troll. Ryman sucks.

try it and post pic. we'll compare.

wow, there is a slightly brighter inner box in the outer box, kudos

is this the wall in your shower?

go back to hr geiger son

i wish. id be a millionaire

There is nothing to appreciate about modern art.
There is nothing artistic about abstraction for the sake of abstraction, the only special part is the marketing of these hollow creations.

Assuming I have time between shitposts

I can appreciate it cause I have all the culture behind, Italianfag here and art student, we have a lot of art history in our schools.

But I don't appreciate it directly, it is more of an intellectual thing

I'd probably like to have it in my house if that's what you want to know, given that I have the millions it costs

you get the stupid nigger of the day award. go back to your anime

This

Just exists so rich people without jobs can jerk each other off

>am i the only artfag on 4fag?

No there are tons
>>/ic/

recent i looked at some pics and i can appreciate the work but i m too lazy get into it any further

Oops

Looks like the wall where a painting used to be.

not intellectual Italianfag. its something youre born with. i had college professors who knew everything in the world about abstract art but still didnt get it. then again i know some people with no arts background get it like snap

Hipster trash. This art SUCKS

I dig it, Rothko is pretty cool too, mainly because of how fucking huge and threatening his paintings are

how many of you dorks can actually appreciate this painting. am i the only artfag on 4fag?

i bet you collect Pokemon cards for their art, fuck off

no no no i dont do anything but b. i havent even looked at /ic/ but i can imagine its a bunch of comic book anime jackoffag crap. aint no one there a fan of robert ryman

I'm not really into minimalism, but I paint and I have a degree, so yeah, whatever floats your boat. It just takes a long time for me usually to appreciate minimalism and sometimes it just doesn't happen at all.

I appreciate Rothko, Yves Klein, Agnes Martin ...

Because I don't buy into the idea that empty canvasses convey anything meaningful?
Must be hard being so impressionable that you believe people when they tell you a bunch of coloured squared convey anything meaningful.
Pic related. Actual art.

not bad for a meme but lame as art

A prick like you who lacks ideas and knowledge of art history can never create anything worthwhile. I dare you to try it and we will discuss and argue if it is worth contemplating.

How is a degree, Im looking into a degree in illustration atm?

>hr geiger
do you mean HR Giger? Lol, what a fail.

Way to correct him, bro! You rock!

maybe ill do richard tuttle next

Fuck being meaningful art at its core is visual, if you have to explain your work for it too be interesting then it sucks, if you don't like this because it looks boring that's fair enough

with great certainty, this is coming from a pleb who doesn't know the first thing about art history or theory.

It's like walking up to a car mechanic and saying: "This tube is ugly, what's it good for? Just remove it!"

Yeah no, I'm not the best example. I'm a slow learner and most of the time I feel stupid about new kinds of art, sometimes I get it immediately but rarely. I feel quite unfit in my field cause I see a lot of people getting excited about (let's say) a painting that at first it doesn't make sense to me. But I think that most of the art nowadays isn't supposed to get you at first sight but instead requires a bit of intellectual work, I really want to feel a connection with the artist, what he was trying to say and how he managed to communicate with its endless tools. It is not something fast

Gorgio Morandi is an alltime favorite.

LOL

I recently took a painting class (for non majors) tell me what you think of this. I had to combine two famous paintings so I did a combination of Piet Mondrian and the famous painting Nighthawks

Looks a bit lean. You know?

Here is another of my works. This was my final. We had to paint an "untraditional still life" so bowl of fruits wasn't allowed. I chose to paint a blank canvas

"Everything is sculpture" is a very difficult base to judge works. I couldn't tell you if Tuttle is legitimate or not. I have a hard time judging sculpture, because it seems awfully random to me and you could project way too much into what might turn out to be nothing conclusive at all. I'm drunk btw.

That's not how to start an art thread. Some of them are actually good here

funny idea but more graphic design than fine art

For illustration, it would probably help you to get jobs and to boost your credibility. In art, if you suck, you suck. If you actually create decent works, it's a good starting point for scholarships, prices and calls for entries. It works for me. But again, if you suck, there's nothing that can change that.

It reads like german for "Herr Geiger" which is completely wrong and sounds comical. get fucked.

mine is better , selling for thre fiddy

yeah he says a bunch of stuff i just disregard. like you read a womans painting from right to left and a mans left to right. wank ..you know his wire - line wall pieces?

Yeah totally what I was thinking, I want to go for the degree more for the working environment and rely on my skill, everyone at my college is garbage apart from 1 of my friends so, thanks mayn

if you want my honest opinion, it's awful. Both the task you were given and the result.

You've made a joke out of famous Hopper painting and I don't see how you'd blend Mondrian and Hopper effectively without making a fool of yourself to begin with. I really don't appreciate tasks like this from art teachers who probably try to be funny or edgy by doing that.
Go outside, do a lot of pencil and aquarell sketches and paint from your own material. It's much more rewarding.

Read 1 art book you pleb

no time for useless info you faggot

The painting itself is mediocre and I see that you guys have not spent a single minute discussing how to photograph artworks correctly. The isle has flawed and incorrect perspectives and you were painting this rather carelessly, just to get "everything in the picture" without ever considering if it feels and looks right.
I'd let you flunk to be honest. I reject artwork that has a straightforward conceptual joke to it, like a political caricature. It lacks any sense of longevity.

Well I got an A and I'm premed so idrgaf

Yeah, don't like much that period cause most of the work was in an expressionist way. I like the post WW2 era, mostly the american side, and I like what art has become over the standard media (I'm a multimedia student).

See

>like you read a womans painting from right to left and a mans left to right.
this is completelynew to me and it frankly sounds rather idiotic. it completely disregards the angle of the portrait. you can't seriously claim that you read every male portrait in a certain way, no matter which angle. not even illustrative advertisement courses are that shallow.

Tfw too intelligent but completely uncultured.

I hope it works out for you. nothing wrong with working commercially. just don't mix the two, because working solely based on your artistic work is the most difficult and requires a very good assessment of your own skills.

see -->and you suck and you know it

just look at the shitty, jiggly lines of the isle. It sucks so bad. No composition, lines all warped and distorted, the floor isn't even well defined, neither is the wall. You are a rookie and you have a long, long way until you paint a decent painting.

and you take pride in knowing things about the art world. Faggot

This guy is better

Richard Tuttle thread

like any other profession, yes, I do take pride in knowing what I'm talking about.
bite me.

>profession
[laugh emoji]

I enjoy this art while sitting on the toilet.

what are you working as, if you work at all?

boxing

My sides

while I shower

i work as a guy who fucks your mom, faggot

Currently full time as a teacher's aide in an elementary school and a waiter part time. But I'm applying to medical school this cycle with a 512 MCAT and a 3.7 GPA and literally earned my bio degree earlier this year

Also this isn't me lmfao

While I'm in the bathtub

OMG stop boxing!

And this while I brush my teeth.

TKO TKO ding ding

well, you are completely outside of the art world. no offense, but teaching children is not a field where you develope your own perspective on higher subjects, rather the opposite, unless you really dive into it every fre minute you get.

from my perspective, you don't necessarily qualify to make judgements on contemporary art, as I presume you don't have the time nor the interest to seriously dive into the subject matter. You are teaching and you want to apply for medical school. There are people out there who dedicate their lives to art history and art theory. I dare say you don't want to assume that you are on that very same level.

I don't teach the kids I take care of a few students with behavioral issues.

Dude no offense to you but art is a hobby not a career. I have hobbies, art isn't one of them.

You are talking out of your ass. I'm not responsible, if you've ever tried and failed to become successful in art. Just because you think it is impossible, it doesn't apply for other people. It's like saying, it's impossible to become a car mechanic. Again, if you suck at art, that's your problem, not mine. I've received scholarships and I've had several of my art works funded, because I don't suck, I actually create good art. I am the living example that you can be successful in art. But I'm only at the beginning. Right now, as I'm writing this, I'm on a paid state scholarship for two months, no expanses, no rent, I even get money for both materials to work and for living in general. This is how you survive doing art: You take it seriously and you excell in it that way. Unlike someone with your attitude who believes "it's impossible" right from the start.

Show us your art oh great artist

post a pic of your work

Listen to all the smarter than you fags in this thead. Its a bunch of squares with a white square. Who gives a shit what it means if it looks like nothing. Imma just realise a movie that is two hours off a red dot and that art. Fuck off

I won't because you can reverse-search it and I won't give up my identity just to show two pieces of shit that they are wrong.

>wa la

I can't reverse image search an edited pic just put a red line over it or something in ms paint...

Shouldn't a career artist be eager to show his work?

It's a lamp from ikea

This is complete shit. The painter should use the golden ratio at least. Ratio of small rectangle = 1.35294; Big rectangle ratio = 1.1044.

>Shouldn't a career artist be eager to show his work?
lol yeah not on Sup Forums, you moron

>just put a red line over it
not falling for that

I don't need to prove anything to you. Why would? Being an artist is a fucking struggle, believe me. It just so happens that it works out for me at the moment and I've studied my ass off to get where I am now. I just won't take the bullshit from a school teacher saying "art is a hobby". to this guy, again: get fucked.

get an acrylic enema and spray shit on a canvas like this guy , then continue complaining how "all art is pretentious". no one will care.

Hollywood exec here. I just pitched your movie idea to my Jew buddies here and they love it. $0 budget movie even if it flops we make money

>use the golden ratio
95% of all art was created not even considering the golden ratio. keep your golden ratio to your faggot photography 101 classes "how do i make a nice photo?!", you sissy.

>wala
Bone jewer, messewer!

SUPREME GENTLEMAN AQUIRED!!!! I bet you were so much more cultured than the guys in your highschool. to bad you had no friends to share your "culture" with faggot

lol at the "artist" who got scammed by another "artist" who paints bathroom ceramic tiles

plenty of friends, you little strawman. i've met the best people at uni. sorry if you didn't.

Lmao at least the enema art is real and not imaginary.

I doubt you could show us a picture of your art supplies or studio either b/c it doesn't exist. You sound like a high schooler who has artistic talent so they think "someday I'll be a great artist b/c mom and dad and Mr. Teacher said if I work hard enough I will be!"

I'm a physicist, not an artist. I dislike chaotic art where no numbers were used intentionally.

nice idea, i wil show you my studio in a second ...

painting by numbers, lol!

Waiting patiently