Help a fellow user out

Help a fellow user out.

My car has a dead battery 8.5 miles from home. I'm pretty sure it's the alternator because the car died while I was driving it. It's a 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. I have a 400 amp jump starter that's good for 20 jumps on engines under 4L.

Can I get it home or am I going to have to jump it with someone else's car?

here are pictures

kind of depends on traffic flow and speed limit

if I were you I would go for it, worst case scenario you're going to have to call a friend anyway.
and yes, sounds like your alternator is gone

Ill get you... Whats your #?

Is it one of those jump packs that is about the size of a pack of cigarettes?

I'm going to give it a shot. It's 100+ out so I am worried about getting stranded but I figure the jump starter is good for enough starts to get me home. Thanks

The size of a carton of cigarettes?

Are they only good for a dead battery, not a dead alternator?

Just hook it up and find a good spot to leave it inside the engine bay. If the alternator isnt putting out voltage the car will die when you take the jump box off. Ive driven some of my work trucks like this for a couple miles, just to get to my shop. The battery has what is called reserve power, you used it all up

Alright, will try this.

Something the size of a pack of cigs isn't going to do the job.

Your best bet at covering the distance is getting another fully charged battery out of another car, putting it in (very easy) and driving back.

don't, it'll overheat and catch fire.

Well shit.

Ive used this to start my Dodge with a diesel, pretty sure it will start a 2.5L 4cyl

If that's not an option, can I get enough of a jump from someone else's car?

You can, but if your alternator isnt putting out voltage the car will die. You need voltage to run the ECM, injectors, fan. Are you driving a Nissan Altima or Sentra?

09 scion tc.

The other car that is immediately available to me is a 98 honda crv

Can they follow you? If your jump box isnt a Lithium battery you can leave it hooked to the car. Its just a standard lead acid battery in there

They won't be able to until after dark, so lights will be an extra drain, but that sounds like my only option right now.

Clean the contacts and switch the brushes around

Well if you need it bro, save some money
Lyft code for first time users!
CODE: RF11
Download the app,
Put in the code,
Save 20$$ good all over The US!!
Enjoy ;)

The battery is lithium, but I should be able to get enough of a jump from my buddy's car, and then have him follow me home in case I need another go, right?

Also, can I leave that lithium battery plugged to charge my car battery while the car is off?

>2.5l engine
fucking yanks and their dumb cars

Just jump it and see how it goes, worst that can happen is it leaves you on the side of the road. You can leave the pack hooked to the batter for a bit, they will equalize voltage and it might get you a bit further. Then jump it off your friends car. Worst that can happen is your posting on Sup Forums instead of /diy/ or /o/ again

Your alt is kissed and you will need to take it to a shop. It's usually ~500 to fix an alt. Just call a tow truck.