Is it true that Mexicans eat cockroaches?

Is it true that Mexicans eat cockroaches?

I didn't know South America was Asia tier in food.

Other urls found in this thread:

latina.com/food/around-world-80-plates-weird-latin-foods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What kind of exotic food they eat? Post here please.

We eat worms, grasshoppers, some type of tiny stink bugs? (jumiles), ant eggs, scorpions, etc. never heard of cockroaches, but maybe.
>inb4 some butthurt norteño replies he doesn't because he is a pleb

WTF I LOVE MEXICO NOW

escamoles are absolutely GOAT, everything else is meh

DELICIA
E
L
I
C
I
A

>Is it true that Mexicans eat cockroaches?

NO.

>I didn't know South America was Asia tier in food.

1. MEXICO IS NOT PART OF SOUTHMAMERICA; MEXICO IS PART OF NORTHAMERICA —LEARN BASIC GEOGRAPHY.

2. COCKROACHES ARE NOT A STAPLE FOOD/TYPICAL FOOD OF ANY ASIAN COUNTRY —OR OF ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Those are grasshoppers, southerners eat them because they're poor and subhuman like

Calm your tits Pedro

?

They are cannibals now?

I live here, rancherito.

>mfw Brazil has the normiest cuisine even with sopa de macaco
>mfw Spanish America is full of exotic and weird foods due to Native Americans

uma delicia

Indeed.

Uma delícia

SOPA

According to /lat/, Peruvians eat pigeons and Chileans eat dogs

Curious about escamoles desu.

I've heard some CHIs make fun of it but I'd try it.

When i read or hear Pantitlan i imagine the metro station and calzada zaragoza, basically Neza

Is it cheap where you live? Its basically at the edge of the city

I found this

latina.com/food/around-world-80-plates-weird-latin-foods

That's not pantitlan, tho. And no, it is not cheap, but I am not rich either (far from it), I am just a lucky motherfucker.

>grasshoppers
>cheap
Where? Last time i ate grass hoppers was at some hipsterish restaurant where they served them in sopes and the plate with 4 miniature sopes was like $85

Theres a place in the center of coyoacan where they sell grasshopper tacos and each taco is like $30

É uma delicia tho

Roma or Condesa i presume, did you inherited the place?

>Theres a place in the center of coyoacan where they sell grasshopper tacos and each taco is like $30
Two questions:
1. what
2. the fuck, man?

Unfortunately for me I don't own the place. I know the woman who owns it, and she rents it for me for the cheapest thing. With the amount of money I pay for rent, I would have a hard time finding a decent place even in Pantitlan.
And lets say you are close.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJJJ

LAAAAAAAAAA CUCARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What kind of weird food Abos eat?

witchetty grubs (no joke)

Wew, that's some jumbo shrimp right there

Fast food, beer and wine.

Stop memeing.

Yeah, to eat grasshoppers you have to fry them, they literally serve a torilla with fried grasshoppers, theyre fucking delicious with lemon juice

They have a very unique taste and texture

Cannibalism is a serious accusation

shut up abo, noongars eat it all the time in the south west (white hikers as well)

Damn, i bet you paylike $1500 a month

Ive been looking for a place to rent and everywhere is like $3000+ a month and not even in a centric place, more like Tlalpan or Coyoacan, good thing a friend of mine is going to rent me a small studio for $1000 a month plus utilities

Hearty kek

The only people who eat "bush tucker" are those doing it in front of a camera.

No they fucking don't. Not even elders bother to keep up with land traditions outside of rare celebrations or tourist crap. Stop with the meme shit. This isn't fucking reddit and no one is going to mindlessly like and share your post.
Stop trying to fit in.

what do you think of tijuANOs?

>"w-we don't eat grubs"
lol
abo mentality everyone

>mexico
>south america
kek, and they talk shit about USA education

Mexico is culturally very south American

If it isnt Mexico city or the metro area they can all choke to death in their plebiness, specially the cancerous and repulsive norteños

petrol

This is the only thing I've eaten, they were pretty common during rainy seasons but now I haven't seen one since I was a kid.

Absolutely disgusting

Aren't they uma delicia?

No.

I will puke

Fucking savages

Piss off, subhuman leaf

A market in Thailand had pic related when I visited. I wanted to try it but couldn't because I didn't know whether it was cooked and I could eat it on the spot. I ended up buying crickets which are easy to find in Japan too.

there's something inherently revolting to me about the concept of eating insects.

If you eat so many cockroaches, Mexico, then come to Greece and enlist in our army perhaps

they are not so different from crustaceans.

Everybody eat shrimps.

elaborate, my eastern euro friend

sickening. if you eat insects in your country you know you're third world

my culture has nothing to do with mexican culture

same, makes me want to puke t b h

(inb4 snails, snails aren't disgusting since you don't see them like a little bug full of legs and hair and shit, it's just like a seashell)

tbf, eating bugs shouldn't be seen as strange. Most cultures around the world experiment with insects and the like. Even the French eat snails. That's more disgusting than eating grasshoppers imo.

>most cultures do it therefore it's not strange
most cultures don't have plumbing and live in their own shit and wipe their ass with their hands
how charming
does that mean we should start doing the same ?

>does that mean we should start doing the same?
You people already eat snails.

yes and ? snails are delicious that doesn't mean i should eat cockroaches too

what the fuck is this normalization of everything on the basis that "some people do it therefore it's ok" ? no fuck off i refuse it that's all

>it's OK because snails are delicious
You're doing it too. I don't know if you're aware, but Anglos find snails just as disgusting, if not more disgusting, than eating things like grasshoppers. Any sensible person will realize that things like these are culturally subjective, even amongst Western European countries.
Besides, snails are fucking slimy, covered in parasites, and all around gross. They're basically insects, stop defending that shit if you're willing to attack other cultures for eating bugs too.

Anglos don't differentiate between snails and insects, fyi. You eat insects too in our eyes.

>Any sensible person will realize that things like these are culturally subjective
That is precisely my fucking point weren't you the one saying, i quote
"eating bugs shouldn't be seen as strange"
10 minutes ago ?

Yes you were and now you go and contradict yourself like "yeah it's totally normal to eat insects it shouldn't be weird but it's also totally normal to find it weird" wow what a whole lot of unclear, indecisive, pointless bullshit fuck you

What I'm saying is that you might find something like another country's dish strange from your culture's perspective, but you shouldn't judge it as such if you're aware of the fact that your judgement is skewed by the cultural lenses through which you are seeing the thing.

but i am perfectly aware that my judgement is skewed
everyone is

this is absolutely no reason to silence our personal perspectives

if we were to stop judging things because of self-awareness about our values we wouldn't ever judge anything or anyone, and criminals would run free in the streets

Del río grande para abajo todos sudacas

and how do you know those insects aren't delicious too?

i tasted it in mexico it's bland honestly

it's also gross

oh well if you tasted it that's a different matter.

>Esto en taringa los mexicanos lo esconden

I hear it's an excellent source of protein. Insects in general I mean.

It looks poisonous