/cyc/ - Strade Bianche

After last weekend kicked off the spring classics in Belgium in brilliant style, we now arrive in Italy for the Strade Bianche. At only 175km, it is significantly shorter than most classics and is usually ridden at a very fast pace. All the classics favourites are here as the race is worldtour this year.

Rain is forecast lads, so the gravel roads are going to get very spicy.

I am /hype/ as fuck for this one desu, with based Fabian not here its going to be open as fuck. Classics guys can win it, but guys like Nibali or Dumoulin could also very well win it.

Other urls found in this thread:

tiz-cycling.racing/live-stream/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its likely to be the most beautiful race of the season.

both GVA and Sep Vanmarcke told Sporza that they feel like they can win it today. Finish is a 600m climb at 9.2% average. I dont see that big farmers boy Sep going up that kind of incline desu.

>tfw no Italian races on sporza

Can't really look past Sagan or Van Avermaet here either. Stybar or Vakoc maybe? The final climb isn't steep/long enough for Nibali or Dumoulin

Not when it's raining at least

Nibali has shown his punch in the past, and both Nibbles and Dumoulin have the ability to escape off the front by themselves.

While they COULD, consider also that it's early in the season for them as GC riders whereas the classics riders are about to hit their first peak, but hey, stranger things have happened

Borghini won the women's

Its not that early in the season for Giro contenders, they should be in pretty good shape now I think.

Race-winning split is made it seems

RIP 3agan

Wew this small group with gva, stybar and kwiato. Seems very early in the race. This could get intredasting.

what's the stream status like?
Are we all doomed to watch eurosport?
>no NOS
>no Sporza

its a bit ridiculous yes, cant believe a race like this doesnt get the coverage it deserves.

There is a eurosport stream here, with based Carlton commentating: tiz-cycling.racing/live-stream/

thanks senpai.
Just tuning in, is that our Tom in the main group?

yes, he just joined the favourites group

=( no 2agan is a boring race. When is Gent?

Lel they mad at the moto

I am worried Tommy D is expending too much energy. To have any chance of winning, hes going to have to go solo from some distance. I dont think hes punchy enough to outsprint others on the final climb.

Yes he has no chance on the final climb with the guys that are at the front.

But with todays wind I don't think he can solo 20km.

Pretty epic race desu senpai!

Well Tom managed to stay with them now he's pulling.

Let's see

I wonder why Tommy D is not doing classics more often, great rider.

hes a bit of whiny cunt from what I can remember, I dont think he can hold his temper in a classics group.

GOGO TOM

Fucking eurosport adds, fucking Kirby.

>hating kirby

come on man

Who /UpcomingBarcelonaTestOnTuesday/ here?

Mercedes are obviously sandbagging but Vettel and Kimi look promising in their Ferrari, too.
The Toro Rosso is such a beauty, just look at it.
I'm hyped as fuck!

Me too

>tfw almost put kwiat on my fantasy squad

At least I have /greg/ and stybar

>tfw kwiat isn't enough of a scrub to get caught in the finale

Too bad desu, the drag up into Siena is something else with multiple riders contesting the win

Yes, hyped for the coming season. Ferrari looks great.

GVA second, best sprinter

Great Race Michal

K W I A T O

what a based celebration too, I got goosebumps when he finished.