So if there's theoretically a super massive black hole at the center of our galaxy...

So if there's theoretically a super massive black hole at the center of our galaxy, are we essentially getting sucked into the fucker?

Do black holes suck up planets and shit and make them disappear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yWO-cvGETRQ
what-if.xkcd.com/129/
youtube.com/watch?v=A2jcVusR54E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kinda. The galaxy is basically orbiting the black hole sort of like the earth is orbiting the sun

you mean our solar system is orbiting the black hole right?

As far as time frames go - the Milky Way galaxy is supposed to merge with the Andromeda galaxy long before that. Should we survive that then can worry about getting sucked down the drain. So you should prep for that first. You should probably get some bottled water, MRE's and guns and store it in your basement.

we're orbiting it, we won't ever get sucked into it

/thread

Flawless advice

Yeah man, the black hole at the center of our galaxy (the milk way) is called "the SuperMassive black hole of the Milk Way Saggitarius A" which is about as heavy or as dense as 4 million of our suns.

It's the odd post like these that keep me coming back to this shithole.

Thanks guys - you just made an old guy chuckle

Also in like 5 billion years our own sun will turn into a red giant, grow huge and completely encompass Earth's orbit - swallowing and burning everything right out to Jupiter. Not sure where on the timeframe that happens in relation to the Andromeda collision but that'll happen before OP's worry too. We got some serious shit to worry about long before our own supermassive black hole gains more mass and throws off the galactic balance.

So you're saying some suncream as well as the water and guns?

Yes, preferably SPF over 9000

And a hat. Don't forget the benefits of a hat in a strong sun

>my body is ready

Perfect. Wide brim and enough crown space for good air circulation to aid cooling.

Black holes theoretically move
Black holes destroy everything in their path

I would like to point out 2 more things

WOMEN

ISLAM

Both share similar properties to black holes.

that buttplug could fill the black hole

yea

So this is Sup Forums trying to have an intelligent conversation LOL!
If this was reddit I would downvote you all!

You guys are talking out of your ass

There is a superstructure of dark matter that holds our Galaxy together, because our clump of dark matter spins slowly we become a spiral Galaxy.

There are other types of Galaxy other than spiral
The existence of the supermassive black hole is only because the center is the most crowded area so black holes can either become bigger than normal, or supermassive stars were formed in the early days of our universe (prior more likely than latter)

Well, yeah. Ours and all the other ones in this Galaxy. It's just easier to say the whole Galaxy is orbiting the black hole at the center rather than list all the solar systems and stars.

The Galaxy is in a spiral

Just like threads just like nuts all 404 eventually

Than go back faggot

Black holes are very counter intuitive and go against the laws of physics we know
youtube.com/watch?v=yWO-cvGETRQ

I'm not surprised of their existence; what I'm surprised of is their capabilities

I'll have you know there is some sound advice on preparing for a galactic collision or the depletion of solar hydrogen ITT

>theoretically a super massive black hole at the center of our galaxy
It has been proven experimentally

>Do black holes suck up planets and shit and make them disappear
Depends on mass and orbit trajectory, some object get thrown from orbit while others are locked in and doomed

And they feature holes that bleed.
Black holes bleed radiation
Women bleed blood out of their vaginas
Islamic people bleed blood when i put a bullet between their eyes.

As a basement dweller I have zero gravitational pull from or towards the opposite sex, which in this case is fortunate. And as I have no Islams in my basement I am unlikely to spontaneously go boom-boom.

I will take that advice however and add bacon to my list of water, guns and sunscream.

And the hat if you want to go out............oh, wait

I will. Thanks user

No. Black Holes follow the rules of gravity just like every other object with mass. There would be no change if every single planet, star, and other object in space was replaced with a black hole of equal mass.

Pretty much, yeah. I got really high one time and figured it all out.

Black holes are basically doorways to another universe. They suck everything in from one universe, grind it up and then spit it back out into another universe. That's what the big bang was. A star in another universe became an hero, ripped a hole in that universe, began to suck everything into it and boom, here we are. That's always why our universe is continuously expanding but all from a single point.all that shit in and boom, here we are.

Eventually we'll all get sucked into another universe and the cycle will repeat itself. I genuinely believe this.

Not a chance.

>There would be no change if every single planet, star, and other object in space was replaced with a black hole of equal mass.
Um if you took Saturn and made it a blackhole or any planet, there would be a big change in our or that solar system. Imagine taking Saturn and turning the gravity up to 11, it would rekt the solar system

kek

No, Saturn would just suddenly become very small and slightly spooky. Solar system would be fine.

Black holes only have stronger gravity due to the mass. If you replace Saturn with a black hole with the same mass, its gravity would be the same.

Infinitely small, infinitely dense and infinitely spooky would def rekt our solar system.

The supermassive blackhole is called Sagittarius A*

No.

what-if.xkcd.com/129/ - same principle.

Blackholes have a low mass limit, hence neutron stars, brown dwarfs, etc, making any planet a blackhole would mean it would have to gain mass

Well there are black holes and they use gravity to pull stars and planets towards them. However, gravity is weak as fuck.. it would take many billions of years to cause any serious damage to a galaxy like ours. By that time, the mutations cause by the "collision" with Andromeda will transform our galaxies greatly.

There are other forces and occurences that will affect the universe way more than gravity of black holes; such as the acceleration of the universe's expansion.

If we don't leave earth by then we will already all be dead anyways..

We are talking about if a planet is replaced with a black hole of equal mass. How can it have more mass if it has the same mass?

Yes, see

How can blackhole form froma planet when our sun doesn't even have enough mass to become a blackhole? Blackholes are also infinitely dense

Black holes are not infinitely dense; they have a mass and they have a volume. They just have a really high density.

How can a black hole be a black hole if it doesn't have critical mass?

Still doesn't get around the fact planets don't have a enough mass become a blackhole, not even our sun does, so you have to increase the planets mass to make it one.

Over the course of 5b years we'll have had thousands of extinction level events. Chances are that we won't last that long anyway.

Itt 15 year olds who just watched their first discovery channel space doc

>their first
Jokes on you, I've watched at least three!

are you 15?

He'll be fine if he follows the water, guns and sunscreen advice

Yes, everything that ever was and ever will be will either be sucked up or thrown so far out of orbit it will eventually reach a place so far and so cold time and space itself start to work in ways we dont understand yet.

Nothing will survive.

Nigger nobody knows what the fuck dark matter is yet, you have no certainties what it is or how it moves

The question is replacing a planet with a black hole, you don't suddenly gain mass.

Except, you know, sunlight and shit

>far and so cold time and space itself start to work in ways we dont understand yet.
So as well as guns and water, a fleece and some gloves?

Nigger it was a hypothetical question, pay attention

Pretty much this if you want to put it in Layman's terms

and sunscream

friendly reminder there is LITERALLY NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that 'black holes' even do anything

I'll believe in a dark hole if I see it

same with invisible dark matter

so they's just chiilin' in space n shit?

Oh, shit, yes. Forgot that. Wouldn't want to get a burn then peel inside the fleece

space don't real

"Proven experimentally"

Erhmm which one.

Well they are black so it's highly unlikely that they work.

sheeeeeeeeeit

There are mountains fo proof retard, there literally videos of stars larger then our fuckign solar system orbiting a single place int he galaxy at 2.5% of the speed of light thats 749 481 145 MILES A SECOND. how the fuck do you explain that you fat neckbearded retard?

Just don't leave your bike in orbit

The fuck are you talking about? We see stars at the center of our galaxy getting tossed around like skittles, we can see jets of particles spewing out from others, and now we've detected gravitation waves from them colliding. They're real and they do things.

Ye the bible says we are getting sucked by some big black shit in 2022

do those things actually think they are even just a bit attractive or some shit like this?

Happening now in Detroit

I dunno.. something is wrong with shandrasekar

it COULD be something else. Astrophysics nowadays is just a bunch of "einstein cant be wrong" cucks who only write their thesis based upon what their professors ASKED them to write on. Any "divergent" theory is swiped away israel style.

nothing "theoretical" about it.

12 years of observation has shown multiple stars which orbit tightly around a common point, Saggitarius-A*, with an orbital radius of 1-15 light-days, and orbital periods of just 2-10 years.

In fact, here's video footage of the observations:

youtube.com/watch?v=A2jcVusR54E

Einstein theory is prover wrong. There is not enough mass in the universe and not enough energy to meet e=mc^2

In fact galaxies can't exist according to him

> proved

>2017
>still believing in space and the heliocentric/globe model

Kek

Do not worry, the sun will go out in just 5 billion years

Yeah i'm aware of that. My english isn't good enough to emphasize this in my previous statement. Plus dark matter/energy looks like a very steep wall the more we're looking into it.

I'm only an amateur but "something" didnt convince me in (at least the papers i've read) shandrasekar's neutron stars death.

But thanks to these guys we have made huge steps in the right direction i guess.

less "go out", more follow the standard M-series stars in consuming the last of the hydrogen fuel and instead start on helium, causing it to expand into a red giant, which will consume the earth in its atmosphere, searing the planet away.
after that the sun will blow off its outer layers and end up as a white dwarf burning carbon, which it will continue to do for probably another 10 billion years.

Could be the Combine dyson sphere for all we know.

He's correct there is no proof. There is something happening and there is theories but no real proof. Black holes wouldn't go to jail there's no proof.

an expert says 6 billion years

with 4.2 million times the mass of the sun?

Nope.

my experiments say yes

Whew! That's a relief!

>sucked into the fucker
dont cut yourself with that edge

Are you retarded? Then explain how they end up in the center of a galaxy if that's the case?

who told you this? it's retarded

Galaxy mergers almost never really in destruction. It's sort of like how the asteroid belt is, in science fiction, perceived as a thick layer of asteroids that is hard to pass through. In reality those asteroids are actually so far apart that you could pass through the belt without ever seeing one. Same applies to galaxies. They're big and full but shot is so far apart that the merger is a slow and peaceful one.

HiWhat this user said, stop speaking out your ass + black holes are also in the middle because older stars in galaxies are (obviously) going to be closer to the centre and collapse the first

I hadn't thought of that but it makes perfect sense. Solar systems are relatively tiny compared to the vast space in between them.

This the reality is that galaxies are so massive and the space in between all the stars and planets that there be little if any collisions when we merge with andromeda

Implying we won't be the 0,00000000021% that gets hit by an andromedan giant dick meteor.