Name a better single-player FPS to come out in the last 7 years. im genuinely curious, are there any?

Name a better single-player FPS to come out in the last 7 years. im genuinely curious, are there any?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/41700/STALKER_Call_of_Pripyat/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Halo

Arma 3

That franchise ended at Halo 3 for me personally. Halo ODST and Reach where ok, anything after that is meh.
I could never get in to that game for too long, its very Role playing oriented and thats not really my thing. it is however objectively a great game.

battletoads

Good god was that level where you were riding something and had to avoid the walls was a bitch!

Skyrim

>FPS
>Battletoads

Pick one user.

clearly first person shooting going on, just look at that sexy ass crosshair bitch

Shit game, all servers are run by autistic admins who kick/ban you if you kill them, hardly a good game. Not to mention that the game has horrible performance because it's all server based. If the server's specs are shit, the game runs like shit, for everyone (inb4 get a better pc). It was cool back in 2013, but come on, lets be real here

DooM

Wolfenstein: The New Order

i forgot minecraft

store.steampowered.com/app/41700/STALKER_Call_of_Pripyat/ This is a fantastic game, technically all the stalker games are great. You just need to patch the older ones like clear skies and Call of Chernobyl

Single player FPS you stupid cunt

But you're supposed to play Arma 3 by jerking off to the high quality gun models

Doom was awesome, was it better then Metro? I dont think so.
Wolfenstein the new order ... i mean its not a BAD game but it doesnt even come close to being great either.

>S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
My nigga, good choice. one of the few FPS series to stay true to its core, granted you need a couple of mods to make this game as amazing as it can be.

Holy shit the gets in this thread...

Fallout 4.

Gameplay wise it's much better for shooting and shit compared to the the trash that is shooting in NV and Fallout 3.

>Single player FPS
>Every point is about multiplayer
Arms 3's level editor is GOAT

but there is plenty of single player missions
and i don't get anyone playing it with third person enabled, like why'd you ever do that even, wtf
it's still running with the same continued engine from 2001 OFP, arma 4 will have a new one, just forgot its name.
if you want to play good multiplayer find a tactical or milsim community, all the casual missions for publics are utter shit because of newfag communities consisting of ex BF and CoD kids that just shit the server up with retarded skintextures

or maybe join me on an Escape mission running on the official servers, when you got someone who knows some basic military shit (really as basic as you can get is enough even) it's great fun
or just explore armaholic and the steam workshop for singleplayer content

I'm being genuine. It's a fun, Singleplayer shooter. Maybe not the best RPG. But people will never stop REEEEEEEEING when some one says they like it.

How much is Bethesda paying you to keep astroturfing that pile of garbage?

20 Bethesda bucks a comment.

But seriously, Fallout 3 is shit imo, New Vegas is great and Fallout 4 is decent.

Dying Light

>Fallout 3 - alright graphics, amazing story, lots of shit
>Fallout NV - Slightly better graphics, story was like a 6/10 for me, combat/modding overhaul is dope
>Fallout 4 - Like Boston but this is fucking mega-casual city.

I thought you where just shitposting,, Fallout 4 can stand on its own two feet just like skyrim can, the problem i have (and im coming from a perspective of someone who played morrowind and new vegas) is that both of those IP's have been dummed down in ways that was not nessesery,.
Was skyrims combat better then every other elder scrolls? easily.
Was fallout 4 the first fallout to have decent Shooter controls? absolutely.
I wouldn't even bother arguing with anyone on that, but as i sayd core gameplay featers have been dumbed down or completely taken out of both IP's entirely.

I played fallout 4, i was able to enjoy it. but if you ask me to compare it with previous titles ill tell you it sacrificed more then it gained.

Bioshock 1-3
Quake1 with mods
GTA 4+5
Red Dead Redemotion
Dead Space 1+2
Dark Souls 1-3
Mario Galaxy 1+2
Zelda (all)
Skyrim se with mods
Doom
Wolfenstein

Metro had too much story and bad animations but was pretty good though

Single player fps???

Bioshock Infinite.

Metro & Bioshock 1/2 were all pretty fun for their own reasons. Infinite took pretty much everything that was good about them and made the gameplay a little more stimulating. Suddenly you're not crawling around sewers and submarines, you're wasting motherfuckers from the skies and shit.

Shit was cash man.

Redemption maybe, GTA's not even close although is a great game on it's own.

First of all half of the games you mentioned are either not an FPS or not singleplayer, second of all who cares about animations? witcher had shit animations but that didnt stop that game from succeeding.

Missed that FPS part

Wolfenstein TNO/TOB

Jesus just play unmodded koth like everyone else you dousche

I kinda missed the punch of the weapon fe

Nekopara

I did really enjoy bioshock infinite, i preferred BioShock 1,2 though as it was more dystopian in the general sense of the word,

Dying light is up there man, the story is kind of weak but the gameplay more then makes up for ti, Remember your first night int hat game dude? it took me about a week IRL to muster up the courage to go out there alone...
It had great DLC as well, mainly the following is worth it 100%
Glad to hear that game is getting another year of support.

Metro really isn't that good.

What is good then?

Name a better Singelplayer FPS ever since then, GO.

Refer to this entire topic jackass

>fps
>Dark souls
>Mario Galaxy
>Zelda
>Skyrim

i'd only go there to yell at people and call them faggots if i weren't already banned on pretty much all of them already
KotH is cancer
go check out
Patrol Ops
Insurgency
Liberation
Roadblock Duty
Domination
absolutely must have mods: ACE and ACRE or TFAR
everything else is optional tbh

The Metro games are a fucking masterpiece, undoubtedly my favourite set of games in at least my Steam library.

Personally? Either uke Nukem Forver (Only favourite for the memories) or Metro 2033.

skyrim can be played as a FPS tho

Who in the right mind would play an elderscrolls in 3rd person, its literally just a function so braindead console plebs dont cry all the time

WHAT?!

Does Metro 2033 redux count?

No.
Redux is just a cash-grab by Deep Silver, the game wasnt even 3 years old...thats not long enough to warrant an actual redux.

console generation swtich, asshole.

I'm still waiting for Crab Nicholson to be released on the switch.

Console developers made the decision not to let you play previous console games on next gen platforms. its an arbitrary limitation to make you buy more games, or games you already have.

You just further proved my point on how the Redux is a cash-grab.

then keep your fucking 360 and play it on that and dont buy redux. Problem solved.

I bought Redux, because I never bought them in the first place. So, I was happy that I could get it on the new console and not have to drag out my 360 to play it.

What? no they didnt, Microsoft tried to do Backwards compatibility with limited success and Sony knew they couldnt pull off a decent PS3 emulator that could run on a PS4 and tried to make a game streaming service instead because it was easier.

borderlands you sperg

>console
Ive been a PC player ever since half life my dude, and i probably saved thousand of dollars doing so. froma PC players perspective its a complete cashgrab

Boarderlands 1 was ok, only because its the first successful RPG/shooter mashup didnt enjoy the second one even though its objectively a better game... weird i know. the second one just felt like meh... i had a hard tome finding usefull weapons which is a problem i didnt have in BL1

nigga. Just cause I have consoles does't mean I'm not a PC gamer.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: 8800GTs running stable at 110c, a 486 overclocked to 115mhz, point and click adventure games. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Youve done a man's job, sir!

How can someone possibly have such a wrong opinion?

I don't know whether to be scared or impressed

The Darkness II motherf*cker.
'THE DARKNESS, JACKY!'

F.E.A.R Project Origin and the third one to some extent
Battlefield 1

Personally, Oblivion or Skyrim but Metro 2033 was ridiculously good.

Fear 2 was an incredible game, and the multiplayer was surprisingly good, like counterstrike good...with mechs...
Fear 3 ruined it for me, i thought i bought a singleplayer game but its some kind of weird coop game and has sacrificed being scare so you can play it with your GF or some shit.

scary*

i agree, it was fun for exploring and shooting things, but story and collecting was boring as fuck.

are you dumb? theyre relasing tons every week for them. it takes time to make sure emulation is good for certain ones you mongoloid. theyve been doing this for well over a year maybe 2 and now has original xbox games coming to xbox one. nintendo is jewish about it but sony also has p1-3 games, are you stupid? also the redux is a remaster, better graphics and shit. jesus christ this post made me mad as shit. my autism has spiked

trash tier gameplay and graphics that were recycled to be cartoony and not detailed as originally planned. overly forced memes

This is AFTER the backlash from years ago, are you dumb?

Being able to One shot someoen with a flying/slydign or wall kick was fuckign amazing, now a days we have garbage like overwatch with bullet sponge mechanics and anytiem a character has the ability to OHK it gets nerfed because developers want EVERYONE to feel like their good at the game even if they have fucking down-syndrome

motherfucker.

The playstation 2 was the first ever backwards compatible console. Nobody gave a flying fuck about backwards compatibility until the early 2000's. Nobody gave a shit in 2006 and nobody gives a shit in 2017.

It's a luxury item put out by companies that are trying to make money. If they want to let me play my older games on their products, ok. That's cool. But I'm not gonna sit there and whine and bitch that I can't play Metro on my One because I bought it for 360.

Just keep your fucking 360 and don't get your tampon in a not because you feel like a company whose sole job is to make money by selling video games tried to make more money.

Jesus, fucking elitist PC gamers. Think they're so badass because they have Steam and Origin and don't have to buy new hardware every five years. Just sink hundreds of dollars a year into your box to keep it current. But it'll play games from 30 years ago! And if those games are rereleased, it's a cash grab. Oh, I use WINE in KDE to play windows games, so I have to overspec to make up for the fact that I'm emulating a windows environment....... asshole.

Don't fucking condescend to me, mother fucker.

Man you wasted all your time typing that out just to fuck up in the first sentence... ps2 had backwards comp, because its only the 2nd console in its like to use CD roms... So in other words: of course N46 isnt going to be backwards completable with the first Nintendo because the technology of how games where deliverable at the time changed drastically during that time from various different types of cartridges to CD rom to the DVD.

Sega had disc consoles through multiple gens that were not backwards compatible. It wasnt simply because it used the same format. It was because sony make a conscious decision to make and add BC to their PS2. PC Elite gamers really are the worst.

Don't condescend to me and then spout off retard facts that make no sense. I game on PC and I game on console. I purchase luxury items and use them for leisure.

It is not the job of Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to give me the ability to play all of their old game, it is their job to provide me with a product that I find worth the purchase and then use and maintain said product and services. They are businesses, not some little shitty GNU developer who decries Apple for planned obsolescence and Microsoft for controlling their software.

Get your shit together. Get it all together and put it in a backpack. All of your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in the shit museum. I don't care what you do. You just gotta get it together. Get your shit together.

Good games until you run into a stalker named Filya Butt and he ruins your ass

My issue with fallout 4 is that I felt like they tried to cram too much into the game. The settlement building and weapon/armor modifications looked great when they presented it. But in game it was just boring and repetitive. They put a lot of resources into that part of the game and you can tell by how they forced it despite how mundane it was. It ruined the exploration (my favorite thing about the fallout series) making it less about finding and exploring new places, and more about grinding for resources. In the end there's nothing to gain from it.

the story wasn't terrible but it was also full of cliches. I managed to figure out that the son was probably going to be the bad (subjective) guy within the first few hours of playing it.

I didn't care for the voiced protagonist. It really took away the immersion of the game.

It had the potential to become a great game. But they spread themselves too thin. They watered down my favorite aspects of the game so they can shoe horn in a bunch of other half assed crap to make it feel like a complete game. But, it's all just mediocre.

I didn't necessarily hate the game. But having played the previous fallout games. I had high standards and fallout 4 didn't come close to meeting them

Ever tried Bootcamping Windows instead of dealing with WINE's horseshit? It's not perfect, but it works, is more stable, and MUCH more compatible.

Not voluntarily a Mac user by the way, screw that. Just got stuck with an old iMac because reasons and had to make it work

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Sandy Hook