Daily meta thread. Question of the day: How can we make Sup Forums a better place?

Daily meta thread. Question of the day: How can we make Sup Forums a better place?

Last night, a group of people, myself included, began targeting and reporting posts which violated global or board rules. Most of these rule violations were Global Rule 6 (regarding post quality) and Board Rule 1 (all topics must be music related) and most of them were taken down. I feel that this is the first step towards saving this board. If you find posts which violate the rules, please link to them in this thread so that we can attack them in a precise and organized fashion.
Also, don't get so caught up in attacking bad posts that you forget to contribute to this board. High quality, music-related threads are encouraged. Attacking low-quality, off-topic garbage is only half of our uphill battle.
Together, I believe we can save this board. If make it hostile enough towards shitposters, and they are reported and/banned almost immediately, I believe that they will eventually stop.

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Sup
Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We got one. This is some low-quality shit right here:

Shit like can get the fuck out.

Looks like its working.

Thank you, I really mean it

This is a deeper ingrained in the culture of the board thing, and not at all something that could be addressed soon or easily, but in general I feel like there should be a broader sense of serious discussion of music

Sarcastic/hostile irony definitely has its place in Sup Forums, and a large one at that, but at a point its just impeding legitimate musical discussion and we've crossed that line long ago

List of the worst people:

>People who try to discredit anything by calling it Reddit/meme-album/anything like that
>People who care more about having good taste and other people having good taste rather than enjoying music
>Contrarians who are just contrarians for fun and don't have any good reasons
>People who think unpopular=good and popular=bad

Basically anyone who doesn't explain themselves good enough and people try to discredit anything they don't like without having an open mind. That mindset is a cancer to this board

poptimist p4k drone detected

Yeah, I've been here for several years and I've decided to do something about it. As gay as it sounds, I'm probably going to post one of these shitpost patrol threads daily, because they work. We got like 10 awful off-topic threads deleted last night, and the mods have deleted shit like today. I think its working. Reporting, shaming, and absolute hostility is the best way to deal with these people. I just want to discuss some fucking music, but its pretty much impossible now because the board is so shit.

You sound like a pleb. Get out now, because we're going to make Sup Forums elitist again.

Meant to link: It was a thread about Taylor Swift farting or something. It was up for close to 8 hours, and the mods took it down within 10 minutes of reporting it.

Good job. Someone might join you...

>there are 2 active threads about Taylor Swft farting / ass

Is this acceptable or should it go too?

Been here five years and I've never done it once
How do you report shitposts?

E-celeb gossip isn't music discussion

This is the kind of terms I was referring to

See, this is what's wrong with Sup Forums

I guess that's music related. They're actually discussing the act of listening to music, which is far better than BRRRAAAP or whatever else shitposters usually post.

t-thank you for saving this baord ;___;

Yeah that's the only thing that stopped me from reporting. It's useless and low effort, but we shouldn't be too strict about this either.

There's a report button. If you can't find it, or you're on a mobile phone or whatever, use this link. Just replace the post number with the number of the post you want to report.

sys.Sup Forums.org/mu/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=74482970

Yeah. I try to report things, but honestly there's so much bullshit (and so much of it goes undeleted for hours), I forget it actually is against the rules. I'm all for proper moderation, the punishment of off-topic posting, flaming, etc. Sup Forums is still better than a lot of boards desu.

The fact of the matter is that Sup Forums's time seems to be coming soon. Moderation on most boards isn't very good, and Hiroyuki really doesn't seem to have much interest in helping that change. It's driving people actually using it for discussion away. This is great though. I'll start doing my part in a more consistent manner now.

I think the best we can do is to not answer people who are making this board worse, so that they don't get that attention they want

I guess I don't mind discussing actual musicians, but the Fantano thread needs to go.
>this guy slaps your girl's ass and gives her a 6/10. What do you do?
Not even vaguely music related.

Yeah, I agree. Was just about to report it.

If we're discussing the opinions of him or other critics, then that's okay, but if it is like you mentioned, it's not

>tfw reporting with a Sup Forums pass
Feelsgoodman

So what are we, some kind of Sup Forums watch?

Remember, only report things that actually violate rules. Don't just go around reporting things you don't like, because that might get YOU banned, and we don't want that. We need as many active, not-banned, high-quality people as we can get on our side.

you guys are kinda autistic but thank you for making an effort and I hope it pays off one day

Make more metal, prog and dadrock threads to chase away the nu-males

Artist discussion is allowed. Read the rules.

That's not music discussion

Shall we have a threads too for who Miley fucked last night or what Thom Yorke eats for breakfast?

Vigilante fighting against the wind = you. Are you a self appointed policeman?

Are you a proud shitposter?

You just described 0.1% of Sup Forums though. How are they responsible for the board's quality?

A shitpost patrol. How many people does it take to be effective? Does it depend on which board? Who are you to judge what is and what isn't board related?

Remember to cite which rule people are violating, and post a picture if necessary. Mods here are dodgy as fuck. You literally have to shove the rules in their face for them to do anything about it.

>Who are you to judge what is and what isn't board related?
we don, the mods do

see

This is 50%

I think tripfagging also ruins this board

Shut the fuck up faggot

But you are the ones who mass report the thread. You're also part of that chain of events.
One other thing, not only be hostile to shitposters, but encourage the discussion you want to see by, for example. making those threads.

And bring in the redditors? No, thanks.

How do you cite the rules in a report?

It's seriously not. At least not the three last points.

It doesn't. It was tripfags (among the things) what kept quality up in the past.

Quality posts only, please.

I feel like a post like that is okay within a thread about him (Assuming the thread is directly music related too) but starting an entire thread for a joke like that isn't worth it.

Fuck off sperg no one likes you

ironically/unironically is getting old, just my two cents

Just cite it in your post when you report it. I respond to the thread, letting the shitposter know "This is a violation of Global Rule X" with a screenshot of the rule in question. Remember to sage. Don't give awful threads any bumps.

Vira luego cancer culiao

Unironically I agree

Lmao no. Sup Forums is for anonymous posting for discussion of certain topics. Do you want to build a reputation or something you attention seeking faggot? Do you feel a sense of authority when you have that gay little name up there? This is not Reddit. There is no "usernames" or "logging in" Discussion is anonymous so that people can talk about things purely based on the subject at hand, and there's no pre-judgement, because it's just a random stranger on the internet. Now, I mean this in the most sincere way I can possibly be, YOU HAVE TO GO BACK.

Why not make this a daily board renamed as /meta/+/report/ thread? That would drive people in favor of reporting more threads, especially since other users can see the effects of reporting such threads.

That one should have been deleted already.

They are not discussing the artist, they are discussing the celebrity. Not music related.

Sup Forums is not about forced anonymity, but optional anonymity. Anyways, all you said doesn't contradict what I said, and that's that tripfags have kept quality up in the past. But sure, you wouldn't know because you first started browsing the board a few months ago.

I'm pissed off that is still up.

>Optional anonymity
It's literally the default choice, and while yes you can be a tripfag, there's no point to it. I also did contradict what you said by explaining that judgement based on reputation would ruin discussion because there's still a connotation with your name. People would still change what they say because they have a previous memory of you and would post accordingly. But of course you know all that, so to make up for it you came up with "lol ur new". Seriously end your life dude, no balls.

As I said, artist discussion is ok too.
>Discuss music, ARTISTS, and instruments here. All images should relate to the topic at hand.
Sup Forums.org/rules
You're out of luck.

"All images should pertain to the boards topic"

Autodelete all frogposting.

Then ban the fucking k-pop thread. Those insufferable cunts don't give a shit about music, make consistent 5-10 word posts and spam images to make sure it always takes up a spot on the first page.

>They are not discussing the artist, they are discussing the celebrity. Not music related.
That artist is a celebrity and so what? Most artists discussed here are celebs. And artist discussion is allowed. See

I feel like the same people that complain about "frogposting" are the same people that classify it as a hate symbol. Although I could see where you're getting at, with r_thedonald swarming the place during the election and posting Pepe way too much.

We respect each others music taste. We see that there is no good and bad music. Music is subjective. We love each other.

Okay, but I like frogs. I'm more concerned with the content than the image posted.