Reasons to be moral? To care about other people? To stand up for things?

Reasons to be moral? To care about other people? To stand up for things?

I'm seriously asking because all I see are shitheads winning while decent people get fucked in the ass.

That scumbag Hollywood producer pressuring young actresses on a casting couch? He's had more sex than any decent person could ever hope for.

PewDiePie screams Nigger on stream and while everyone gets all mad at him he's still a fucking millionaire. So who really won in that exchange?

People are fighting to keep statues dedicated to slave owners. Meanwhile where's the statue dedicated to Taliesin Myrddin Namkai Meche and Rick Best? I bet you have to google those names, they're so obscure even though it's only been a few months that they died protecting someone from a maniac. Where are their statues?

How about a guy who won't rent to black people, brags about sexual assault, and swindles his school's students? That guy BECOMES PRESIDENT.

This isn't an edgelord "life is pointless" thread. I'm seriously asking why, in the face of all of that, you maintain your morals. What drives you even though you know it's a losing proposition?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZity3d_16-g8dlEVD3IeD8I_1Z63QHN6CEBsh_1dbfAj7mw5cecVy_1ug0PM3I16U8aNaBXHOTVivlkXZvp6VtymGPHKrgg0aWdwbfG4YYayYy09ixvNEzL6EZVgVJRu3XTHD4c_1ZXHH1zBUdPMl0NnR7xqOnQfkU9UQnRqbROVimuLpr6z9B7xj3sOQSuDrFkgWlraYsAB5GYUDAOgPo5JAkth0QM0zTkgjBHTAxmrNjtXzkkiVYwnYfPd_1zLBJHoH_1Q3o3hEhP88O24YGKJ2bLgUtz33uOAIDUh81GDJXr9bn0PfPvzH91z94bhNI98jY8aICYdZBTCp_1umLCyCMNbnNYSq2QWRw
youtube.com/watch?v=cjMridgBSts
thebarchive.com/b/thread/744865615/#744871510
youtube.com/watch?v=vdrOueZ3g2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jew or be jewed. This is the way of the world.

The people who have golden lives while being total scumbags are rare. We just hear about them so it sounds like they're everywhere. The majority of them unceremoniously wind up alone or in jail. Comuppance does happen.

It makes me feel like a better person when I do the good or right thing. At the end of the day if I'm poor and helpless, but still feel good about myself, I say I won in the end.

These are the basic foundations of philosophy my friend. Basically you should do whatever you think is good. If being bad is good for your family for example then carry on doing it. Life is meaningless and the whole debated of philosophy is wether or not it is worth living and or if it's worth it to bother being a good person.

who is the girl?

it depends on what you want.
If you want to be be immoral , take advantage of others or hurt them for your own gain, then do so.
But you have to be prepaired for the outcome.
You wanna be good and make a stranger happy while loosing nothing then do so.

The thing is, nothing is Black or White. To some you need to be "scumbag" and to others "moral".
what you might gain? Maybe their respect/help when you need it, maybe a girl that you like or a really good and loyal friend. life isn't all about money and fame (for me atleast)

The good news is that you likely won't be poor and helpless with that attitude. You'll always have a couch to crash on and a friend to help you find a job. Scumbags only look like they have a lot of friends. But all those friends are just hangers on who will be in the wind the second it benefits them. Look at Trump's administration. Every two weeks someone else turns on him.

google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZity3d_16-g8dlEVD3IeD8I_1Z63QHN6CEBsh_1dbfAj7mw5cecVy_1ug0PM3I16U8aNaBXHOTVivlkXZvp6VtymGPHKrgg0aWdwbfG4YYayYy09ixvNEzL6EZVgVJRu3XTHD4c_1ZXHH1zBUdPMl0NnR7xqOnQfkU9UQnRqbROVimuLpr6z9B7xj3sOQSuDrFkgWlraYsAB5GYUDAOgPo5JAkth0QM0zTkgjBHTAxmrNjtXzkkiVYwnYfPd_1zLBJHoH_1Q3o3hEhP88O24YGKJ2bLgUtz33uOAIDUh81GDJXr9bn0PfPvzH91z94bhNI98jY8aICYdZBTCp_1umLCyCMNbnNYSq2QWRw

Thanks user. I've never regretted doing the right thing yet, so I think I'm just gonna keep on doing what I'm doing.

You're out of your fuckin mind, simpleton.

Guys like that suffer in two ways. They burn bright for a while and then face a total collapse ala Scarface. Or they are constantly paranoid about getting caught and spend their lives looking over their shoulder. They become hyper aware so absolutely everything becomes evidence that something is wrong. They're at a restaurant and the guy at the booth across from them lingers a little too long? He might be a fed. Something isn't where I thought it was? My place is bugged. What looks like a perfect life from the outside is actually hell in private. Dan Schneider at Nickelodeon likes to molest his starlets' feet. As a guy with a huge foot fetish I'm jealous as fuck. Until I realize that he's probably TERRIFIED at night about one day getting a phone call and a knock at the door.

Because it's what's right to do and I know that most other people won't. Maybe I'm a little insane for putting the effort in, knowing that 9/10 times it'll be for nothing. But I think it's definitely insane to hurt people for profit and not feel enough about it to even question how you could help both yourself and others.

It's because we live in a shit world that some of us need to be the anti-shit. Maybe not anti- so much as the shit converters. We are a minority but we have a valuable job. To take all filth, waste and garbage of this world and craft it into something that actually helps people and without their knowing or thanks at that.

I've just felt compelled to it for as long as I can remember. I've met a few others that seem to function on the same wave length and I've watched more still fail to maintain or ever meet balance through the torrential flow of modern cynicism. I can't honestly say I haven't felt the wear over these years. I am far more bitter than I was as a young adult, but still believe there are just some things that need doing, regardless of the size of it's impact.

You never know when you'll say the right thing to the right person at just the right time to change the direction of their entire life. Try and make it a positive change and you're bound to eventually attract like minds.

Don't give up hope, op. All big things start small. We live in an age vastly different from all recorded history, where people are beginning to think, see and feel differently than has ever before been possible. Things WILL change and this is the time to put the work in to be sure it changes in the right ways.

This is probably a wall of barely coherent babble, but I hope that answers your question, op.

>People are fighting to keep statues dedicated to slave owners

Nope General Lee never owned any slave,

Don't mind the source.

Sorry about your dad, dude.

Because I don't want to be like those people. That one dumb golden rule, treats others the same as you want to be treated.

Beta Ray Bill, a true hero

I'm asking myself the same question. I think it's just who we are. Some don't care and some care. Over the years my morals got weaker i'd say, but I was never capable of letting them go entirely, even though in some cases i even tried. Only problem are situations where you have to rely on someone else and this person has not even an idea concerning morals. He/she might not even want to do the wrong thing, it's just that they completly don't care. It's situations like this, which let me question the whole thing...

> tl;dr: in the same boat as OP

>this

My reason to be moral is knowing how fucked life can be people. I'd rather not live it and I'd rather not force it on anybody else.

I just do what I think is right because it feels like the right thing to do.

You're basically retarded/trolling but here is an honest answer anyway.

Mutual benefit. In a prisoners dilemma (I bet you have to google that name) you have four outcomes. Cooperate Cooperate, Cooperate steal, Steal Cooperate, and Steal steal. If both players cooperate they achieve a small reward every time. If either player steals they win a larger reward but the other player is more likely to retaliate back with a steal response. If both players steal both players suffer losses. The highest scoring method in a prisoners dilemma game is to always be generous by cooperating at first and if backstabbed then steal back until they change. Then forgive and work with the other player unless they steal again.

Apply this game to regular life.

I am moral because it makes others more likely to be moral to me for a mutual benefit in the long run.

Your life clearly is pretty god damn luxurious if you have the severe levels of privilege to list those as your reasons why life is bad. Though you are also pretty misinformed so you could probably feel better about life by fact checking some of the things you believe and leaving that ideological echo chamber.

What I don't get is how people can be so cruel to each other. How do you not feel empathy when you see someone bleed because of you? How do you sleep at night knowing you're a sexual predator? And what the fuck is up with fluffy threads?

What makes you say op is either retarded or trolling?

morality is a shared concept that even animals seems to have a basic understanding of. we live in a truly evil and disgusting world where we are subjected to horrific things and over time it numbs us and makes it easier for those to cause pain and suffering to continue to do it. it is wrong to cause pain and suffering especially for gain. no human has the right to hurt another because he wants to. never be afraid to stand up for the truth but make sure to take time to learn what the truth is. being kind and humble towards your fellow man creates an atmosphere that can change a long held mindset. helping those in need and providing for them when possible is more honorable than anything. i remember being a kid and i was almost arrested for feeding a homeless man because it was "supporting local homelessness". just about every human being should be allowed to have a complete second chance with a blank slate if they make a mistake. but there are those in our society who are more animal than man and should never be allowed to walk our streets. these are the killers and psychopaths that are unable to change.

Depending on the age it happens, being the victim of physical trauma (violence) can change the physical structure of the brain. Some people simply have different brains from birth. These people develop without the structures that facilitate reasoning and empathy. It's controversial, but it's now a popular belief that many criminals for natural or external reasons have a different brain structure which explains their decision making.

But that's excuses to some. There are people who care that much more about themselves that they are able to do anything to anyone else without any mental burden. Its terrible, but true.

>PewDiePie screams Nigger on stream and while everyone gets all mad at him he's still a fucking millionaire
You're a special kind of fucking retard, aren't you? Slit your throat.

you're an idiot

pic related
the brainwashed illogical liberal mindset

>muh labels

You are a scumbag too, probably. Or you just want someone to blame your failings on, so you cherry pick famous people who did bad things and decide every rich/famous person is an asshole, despite there being plenty of normal rich people.

Alternately, we view things the rich and famous do as worse than if a poor person did it, because we put them on an imaginary pedestal in our minds and assume more from them, despite them being regular people

I would explain to you why you're stupid, but I really don't think you'd follow. So I'll just be the next in what I assume is a massive line to tell you that you are very stupid.

You went off the rails there, dipshit.
Who cares how much sex some fuck in Hollywood gets?
Who cares that anyone on youtube says a bad word?
Why give statues to a couple of dipshits who got killed by attacking a lunatic?
And why would we demonize people for being slave owners? You gonna demand that the Washington Monument come down?
And you're butthurt about Trump, too? Jesus Christ, you were probably fine with Obama, too.
Honestly, your morals are a fucking clusterfuck of retardation.

the fuck are you on about....

Because I'm not mentally ill. Hurrr durrr they get away with things why don't you become a degenerate too??? Fucking shit OP. You dumb ass fuck

What part of that statement isn't true?

>Why give statues to a couple of dipshits who got killed by attacking a lunatic?
Shitbrain, its called extrapolation. A statue is how a culture shows reverance for its values. By defending Confederate statues but not erecting ones on behalf of selfless sacrifice it demonstates that we have fucked up values.

>and while everyone gets all mad at him he's still a fucking millionaire

Money doesn't last. Especially millions. Especially if it isn't correctly invested. Especially if sponsors are pulling away from him to avoid the bad stigma. He's got taxes, bills, spending habits that will deplete that millions by next year.

People won't want to affiliate with you if you're an asshole but you can try to get an advantage where you can, everybody does that. You can only be an asshole when you are important enough that it doesn't matter. Also, if you wanna fuck whores, there's million of them, just get you wallet out.

Dude those statues are coming down. Yeah SOME people defend them but that side is losing.

>Who cares how much sex some fuck in Hollywood gets?
If he's coaxing girls into sex by threatening their careers, I'm sure plenty of people care. I care because I'm not a sociopath.
>Who cares that anyone on youtube says a bad word?
Kinda agree with this, but he is a public figure wielding influence over children and that changes things a bit.
>Why give statues to a couple of dipshits who got killed by attacking a lunatic?
See >And why would we demonize people for being slave owners? You gonna demand that the Washington Monument come down?
Because slavery is wrong. I won't demand that becasue Washington played a massive role in building the US, but that doesn't excuse "owning" another human. Some rules have exceptions.

Not even touching the bit about Trump and Obama because it's clear you're not here to actually converse. You're here to spread your opinions, regardless of the negative changes they cause to your social enviroment.

You claim op has fucked up morals while proving you have none of your own. I'm pretty sure that's called irony.

There is no good explanation, the cause of morality is a combination of a social contract and a reflection of your ego.
selfishness makes morality a good idea

It depends what your own values are. If you rank getting lots of young pussy, regardless of the circumstances, as being of high value then it's going to look like those Hollywood fucknuggets are winning the game of life. But if you think having a wide support network, lots of true friends, a family that doesn't hate you, and the peace of mind that the cops aren't coming to arrest you is more important than you won't be so jealous of those guys. President or not, very few people would want to trade places with Donald Trump right now.

Sargon of Acuck just said the N word many times:
youtube.com/watch?v=cjMridgBSts

WHY IS NO ONE FREAKING OUT???????

You subhuman baboon. You literal nigger.

How dare you speak, you swarthy jungle monkey. How dare you open your big lipped, rim encrusted, menthol cigarette smelling mouth?

You are human trash, Diego Tyrone LeShawn de Maradona. Universally despised, derided and mocked. Your nationality and skin tone offers no hope to the world that South America can ever prosper. Crawl back in to the Brazilian jungle you came out of, you literal orangutan.

I hope you decide to sail your grandfathers skip to the Falklands and rape some sheep, as is in the negroes nature. It would still be the whitest pussy you ever had. Give Nigel and Robert a chance for some target practice, your sole use to the world. Argentinians obsession with a few windswept islands in the Atlantic is hilarious but sad. Coincidentally its the only worthwhile contribution Argentina has made to the medical field. The MUH LAS MALVINAS sentiment in the average negro Argentinian is both an early warning sign of autism in children, and early on set Alzheimer's in adults.

Take your black hairy fingers off your keyboard, and never talk about the human species again, you mockery of our supposed shared ancestor.. No amount of olive oil and wheat flour slabbed on your face every morning will make you white. It's about as delusional of an idea as your daydreams of European heritage.

You nigger.

You make Bolivia look like a beacon of civilisation.

You are the Baltimore of South America.

Go fertilise the pampas with you and your families corpses, its the best you can hope for in life. For the first time in your life, nigger, you have a job making food for beings vastly superior to yourself. Uruguayan cattle. Coincidentally, it would be the first time an Argentinian "man" provided for a family.

Die, Diego. No one would miss you. Except for Australian Aboriginals, who now would have no one to make them look good.

>all I see are shitheads winning while decent people get fucked in the ass
\m/

because the be all and end all, ultimately, imo, is the relationship you have with yourself. i can't be at peace with myself and/or happy if i've been a cunt

There aren't enough Hitler statues. Dude was OP as fuck

WTF is this shit

A

R

T

\m/

Pfft way to light to be MY moms dildo nice try though.

What is this about? Who is that and who are those girls?

What the fuck?

\wm/

Can someone not retarded explain this nonsense?

I'd rather be able to live with myself

Photographer who cokes up and fucks almost every celebrity there is.

I used to think there might be karma. Some "higher power" that watches over us. I don't know anymore. I think it is all "magical thinking".
Yeah. You fuck someone over, they, their friends, family, and depending on what it is, the law, will fuck you back. It doesn't mean that all people are selfish, self-centered sociopaths, but people really only care about themselves, their well being, time, money, etc. I think that there is less good will, friendliness, empathy. It this makes the world worse, then it is worse. I find myself not "feeling" like I used to. Result of an apathetic society I suppose.

Even the dudes? Because theres some gay shit in these pics.

what this user said

\m/

only if they have pussies

So far I see one example that says it's Kendall Jenner. The rest of the girls look like nobodies.

power corrupts. If you don't have power, you don't have to worry about it.

>I'm seriously asking why, in the face of all of that, you maintain your morals. What drives you even though you know it's a losing proposition?

youtube.com/watch?v=vdrOueZ3g2c

Literally nobody is saying any of that.
Especially regarding Dolzeal, Clinton, Jenner, and the rioting.

Okay, maybe about the troops being terrorists.

Honestly the main reason to be moral is you have to live with yourself... when I was 18-19 I was a horrible person sold meth/coke pimped out girls some underage, broke into houses and robbed them. Now im 20 don't do those things anymore, went straight, but I still think about the shit ive done and regret it, will haunt me the rest of my life.

Being good is supposed to feel good. And whether you get recognized for it or not, maintaining some level of decency holds society together. If it weren't for a majority of decent/good people, we'd be living in some sort of tribal or Mad Max hell.

Not as many but yes