Why did Eskimos decide to become Eskimos?

Why did Eskimos decide to become Eskimos?

Literally why the fuck would anyone choose to live in that environment?

Shut up roach!

Because living day by day without room for Betas or other cultures is bliss.
Seriously, people dismiss simple life so quickly but its the most fulfilling.

It's a pretty chill life.

>live in the Asian arctic for generations
>cross Bering strait
>don't go south

It's that simple.

It's like asking why our ancestors chose to settle in a rocky wasteland instead of going up north just a little bit farther.

You think they can just come down here and get a job? The job situation is bad. They're minorities and probably could get special treatment, but then what?

It's quite cool i think

I too would like in the Arctic if given a change
I'd live nearly anywhere to get away from the 45°C heat, flies, mosquitos and these scary as fuck centipedes

You named the events. I know the events. Why wouldn't they go south? There are plenty unpopulated areas on earth, and they are unpopulated because they kinda suck. I can't imagine why Eskimos would move towards this environment to begin with, but even so, it's strange they didn't continue moving to more hospitable environments.

No bugs

Acceptable arguments, actually

>flies, mosquitos
Just go in the maritimes. Near the coasts there are very few of them (especially if there are no swamps nearby). It's windy and they hate the sea.

>tfw no skimo gf
Live is not worth living ;_;

Humans have a habit of killing each other. Although many cite global human expansion on some noble "hunter" shit, the truth is that people needed to move away from each other to avoid being killed by other tribes.

Many prehistoric human remains show evidence of violent trauma caused from warfare with other humans.

The Inuit found a safe place and stayed there.

Why do I have to suffer this?

hey guys
politics

They fled up there to escape SJWs. I envy them.

>>
DESIGNATED SHITTING ICE FLOES

Politics are a derivative of history, which is itself the derivative of anthropology senpai

Theyre hardened up

I live in Alaska and it was 80 degrees last weekend.

I went to a beach in New York and met some of the most vicious mosquitoes I've ever seen. The instant they landed on you, they were already sucking on your blood; no time to even let them land and then smack them.

After generations of being in the arctic wouldn't you think that the people would develop a general idea that the earth is the same environment everywhere since they don't have satellites that tell them otherwise?

OK. Heh, maybe too many people to sustain them. Here we sometimes have "mosquito days" when they come out of the woods to feed. Usually happens when there isn't enough wind. But there's usually enough wind on the beaches to scare them off.
I guess your mosquitoes also have to be stronger to pierce through that thicker black people skin.

Well they haven't been attacked by other countries before and most of the hosts who spread diseases that killed off Europe can't survive there. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me

This post is a lie. I've lived on an island in the northern pacific and the mosquitos are enormous vicious vampire birds

poo

I've often wondered this myself. Apparently back in the day the Arctic was quite a bit warmer than today and basically they were hunter-gatherers.