I'm in love with someone who I can't have. How do I get rid of these feelings, /b?

I'm in love with someone who I can't have. How do I get rid of these feelings, /b?

depends. why cant you have them ?

Time...
And drugs.

Time and drugs....

Sounds like the girl I've been hooking up with for the past 5 months.

He got into a car accident about a year ago and is going to be getting about 100 grand in compensation. With that he's going to run away probably across the country. I won't see him again because he's going to drop everything.

Have you tried stealing the Power Cosmic?

Thankfully that's what I've been doing
Sorry to hear it user

The feeling go away with time or until someone new comes around

You know same ol shit

Just live. It'll pass and you will be a stronger person for having survived.
Just don't be such a faggot about it. It'll make you cringe later.

It goes both ways. She's in love with me, but can't have me because I'm in love with my ex, whom I can't have. Crazy shit.

That's some weird shit

>coming to Sup Forums for life advice
Gonna have to move on brethren

No offense but are you a chick or a dude? It matters to what course of action you can take.

I'm a chick unfortunately

Don't say unfortunately- you're cool. But I think this means he probably doesn't feel the same about you.
Questions:
Can you pack up and leave as easily as he can? Does he think maybe you wouldn't split with him? Do you have it good where are? Maybe he doesn't want to ruin it for you.

I had to drop out of college and get out of state in a hurry abou 10 years ago. I was in love with a girl I'd known since I was a kid. She went ahead and dropped too and we took off out west with $400 and a shitty car. Best thing we ever did. But the area we were from was shitty and she had an abusive family so it made sense.

Drink urself to death.

I'm still in college and he graduated recently. He was going to move out somewhere close before the accident. His fiance left him right before that. Now he just wants to run away, I couldn't go with him.

Well shit. That sucks. Maybe in time he'll come around. But does he really know how you feel? Guys can be pretty thick or unsure about stuff like this.

Assume he has absolutely no clue as to your feelings. Tell him how you feel and offer him some comfort in his time of need.

Oh, he has no idea. I've made sure.

I have, always. But he's a strong kind of person, doesn't like to show that much emotion. Though I've seen him cry, I couldn't do anything because he got mad that I saw him lowkey lmao

If you want him then, go after him and take care of him. If he needs help, offer that help. If there is no apparent way to accomplish this, find one, or give up

Then don't ask. Give him a hug. Give him a back rub, or a head scratch or anything to distract him from the shit he's going through. If you ask him, he will say no, because he has to be tough for himself, but if you're genuine and tender about it, he will accept that comfort

So you're just a cool friend at this point? I think you're going to have take a chance and put your feelings out there. Also, your other detail about seeing him cry, yeah that's bad. There's a reason we don't see Clint Eastwood cry in movies.

I'm the same way.
It would be annoying, but I would like it if my GF showed interest like this. Go for it user sometimes the strong silent type is also too shy to talk

just wait if theres no contact with some form of closure the feelings fade

This is damn good advice and well put. Listen to this OP.

you'll never stop loving him. a love sticks around with you forever, though it'll fade with time. and somehow you'll love someone else even more.

but it sounds like you haven't even tried to be with him yet. you mention a bunch of logistics getting in the way, but if he's single and you're single just invite him over for a bottle of wine and kiss him. if he pulls away, whatever, he's about to leave cross-country. might as well actually try before he does.

kys

What do I say? I've never confessed to someone outside junior high. Everything else was never love and just one night stands that fell into place on their own.

Alright this is the big question, but can you give a few more details or enough that you're comfortable putting on here:

How bad was that car wreck? Be specific. Anyone else die? What are his injuries? Would they be maybe humiliating for him? It sound like that is what he's running from.

And- what kind of fiance was this? Love of his life? Did she abandon him because of the wreck?

It wasn't terrible but it was pretty bad. He broke his knee and completely busted his sternum, almost died and was in the hospital for a couple weeks recovering.
The cause was some lady speeding into him in an intersection, she ran through a red light. He lost his job. He left his fiance because she cheated on him right before all that.

speak to them while kinda cheesy
confess your love to him