I'm a Software Engineer in the U.S. Ask me anything

I'm a Software Engineer in the U.S. Ask me anything.

when did you first have sex

Which came first? Ranch or Cool Ranch?

When I was 15, with a 30 year old co-worker.

Ranch

You stupid bitch you stupid fucking bitch, i cant believe how dumb you are, jesus christ i cant believe how fucking dumb you are

can you work from home with your skill set
also is the job depressing
sitting in front of a computer all day
would you say you do "code monkey" work?

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF

Whats your salary

server admin from germany here
how likely is it to get a job in IT in the us?

I actually work from home, so yeah. The job is kinda of a roller coaster. Some days you're in the zone and other days you're stuck and can't solve for shit. And nah I wouldn't say I do code monkey work. I have a lot of freedom and choice on what I work on.

$115,408 USD per year

What company do you work for

As long as you have a good degree, experience, or both, then there's tons of jobs here. But I'm not sure coming from abroad, I only know with US.

hm i see how much you make in a year user

Your job sounds boring; is it boring? (Besides the money)

It's a small company owned by a company publicly traded under STMP.

It is to most people yeah. I don't find very many people into the same stuff at work that I'm into. If I do find any, they're usually weird.

The money helps a lot lol. That and beer.

How hard is it

It's pretty hard, you have to solve problems on your own, there's no one to go to. At least at my company, it's kinda bad to go to your boss for day to day problems.

Is it comparable to a Germany salary for comparable work?

dunno man you need to throw me some numbers

Most people I know are software engineers ama.

115k-130k for 6-8 years of experience.

well that is a lot

currently with 2.5 years exp i get 35k

Are you a software engineer too?

That's oddly precise

every dollar counts.

Actual Questions time:

How old are you and whats your salary?

Are there any must know languages or can you pretty much float around if you have used languages because its easy to adopt new ones once youve been in the game?

If a company is underpaying you by about 20k from the start but you take it because you have zero experience when is it cool to ditch and take the skills they give you elsewhere?

Is there a particular quarter when software devs are more in demand? I would assume mid first quarter?

Also what keywords NEED to be on a resume nowadays

1.) 28, 115k/year
2.) Swift is a great language
3.) I think 6-12 months in, depending on how dick they are
4.) In my experience devs are being hired left and right

What's your policy on....lunch?

What if I only really have experience with Javascript and SQL?

>Inb4 retard

I know I know but ETL and EDI jobs are basically the same shit

I think anything recent. It's easier to say what to avoid honestly. Like you don't want Visual Basic or old ass languages. There's job security in that for sure, but it'll be boring as fuck and hard to get out of. Usually I see things like React, React Native, Swift, Java, C#, Javascript

I don't have minimum hours or anything, just minimum amount of stuff to do. So if you wanna take a 3 hour lunch go for it, just get your shit done before the end of the 2 week sprint.

Based user actually helping me fulfill my dreams of reaching 100k a year before 30.

I think your best bet is to do side projects for fun. Employers love that shit. Shows you're committed.

Business analyst / software dev here

This is probably the best benefit of software dev so far for me. They call it a Results Oriented Environment.

Or if you were too stupid to do anything besides become a manger you might literally call it a Roe (ROW) environment.

Basically get your shit done by deadlines and no one gives a fuck.

Come and go as you please.

I was thinking that, any ideas for little projects?

Like a reddit bot, or should I participate in a programming forum?

Do you have a profile on a website that features some of your code?

have you ever been intimate with a woman and why not?

I can tell you some of my side projects: basic race car game in javascript that works on mobile devices. Project playing around with google maps api. Video game basics/start of video game in XNA (C# game studio). iOS app to basically reimplement yelp piece by piece, to show off skills.

I've had three sexual partners. At 15 years old with 30 year old. At 16 years old with 26 year old. And I've had my wife as same sexual partner from 18-28 (current age).

>TFW software dev
>Nice high end german car, enough savings to buy house
>fat, no gf, post on Sup Forums all day

Run away anons.