Can someone please let me know how this is sounding through his speakers...

can someone please let me know how this is sounding through his speakers. if its muddy or shrill in comparision to the reference

clyp.it/2wqesy1s

heres reference
clyp.it/5igzhsqn

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/fqen0bqy
clyp.it/25fkpkto
youtube.com/watch?v=fND_Y6OgsDs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wild world master is definitely too heavy on the bass making it mudden up a little, you need more middle tone too

thanks. do you have an idea of which midrange frequency?
can you stay and feedback until its finally right?

Honestly, I wouldn't have any idea what frequency you need to adjust since I don't know your hardware, software, and settings all toegther, and I don't feel like doing it for you. But yes, I can stick around and listen for a while until I judge it worthy :)

ah ok thanks, im rendering a new version

As a good measurement I'd say you have to adjust 1k higher than 500

hmm i cutted that frequency range from the master because it was sounding like an old radio
its rendering already, i boosted sligthly around 700hz

What speakers are you outputting from ?

akg k414p headphones

i listened through my tv monitors also. and compared to the reference's mids of course

I listen through a pair of bass boosted B&O monitors, and I'd still say you need to cut short on the bass, drop it a little below the midtones, and adjust the 1k higher than the 500, just a little bit. You don't need any more treble (maybe you do when you readjust, turning the knobs is always a sleight of hand)

Also for good measure, I equalised everything with the original number, but I don't know what you want to achieve

hmm

these phones here are bass boosted too

do you mean 1,5k?

theres a 6db lowmids cut already (250hz), i widened it a bit

hows this clyp.it/fqen0bqy

i just want it to sound even and balanced.
i'm aiming to that "the joker" reference though, but seems thats what you're doing too

The equaliser I use only says 1k, but I use hardware, this is much better, but you need to drop the lowest bass a little further, it's still too influent on the rest of the soundscape

Then we're of sort of similar minds

I meant software

ah i understand

haha right

5min to render

I'll just wait around

clyp.it/25fkpkto

It's still a little tongue in cheek, but it's way better than before when you started out

great!
seems like the referece is bassier when the drums come in tho...

a lot of people are going to tell you the wrong stuff about this. I could be wrong too, but fuck it.

Listen to the static. The very high end is up SO high that the white noise is actually peaking.
It's OK for this recording to sound a little 'empty' and bassy, it is so old that most recording equipment sounded a little funky.
For reference: youtube.com/watch?v=fND_Y6OgsDs
Personally I like that sounds. It sounds like it was recorded in the room with you, instead of like a master track. It doesn't fit every song, but it does fit these IMO.

Happy trails balancing, I hope you find your sound!

not sure if i understand your post well. are you talkin about my recording, or strictly talking about that velvet underground recording that you like and i could use as a reference because of the type of song?
is my mix too trebly? the highs are looking normal in the graphic...

bump.