At what point is it reasonable to stop trying to talk to someone and to use violence?

At what point is it reasonable to stop trying to talk to someone and to use violence?

ie; Every single night you tell your roommate to not leave the lights on. Every single night he leavea every light on in the house and the tv. You tell him every single fucking night to turn them off and several times you will even get up out of bed to turn them off after him but moments later the fuck will come out and turn them all back on again. You've increased his rent, you've left signs, you have done everything short of rearranging his throat with your bare hands and he still won't do it.

He's mildly autistic and isn't doing it out of malice or spite, he's just that fucking stupid that he can't fucking do anything his mommy didn't let him do while he was growing up. ie; She would always turn the lights off behind him so he never had to worry about it, is now too retarded to learn how to start doing it.

I'm seriously considering that if I bring him within an inch of his life the next time he does it, he'll finally remember.

Thread can be about any subject; Younger sibling stealing your money, co-worker eating your lunch, roommate flushing the toilet while you shower, just any obnoxious thing a person keepa doing and will continue to do until somebody fucking cracks their skull open over it. What the FUCK do you do with these types of people who just won't show basic decency and courtesy?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVKSxs1gtlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you own the place then kick him the fuck out

there is no justification for violence, just turn off the main switch before you go to sleep

>roommate
Turn him into your roombitch.

I live in a shit town that everyone is bailing out of like rats from a sinking ship, I can't afford to go one month without a roommate and no one to take his room. I'm stuck with him so I have to deal with him.

Should I deal with him using mt fists though because words don't work, he just doesn't comprehend instruction.

These. Carrying out a practical ultimatum is drastically more effective and mature than attacking someone.

You saving up to get out of said town?

You tell me what a practical ultimatum is when I have already increased his rent three seperate times and can't afford to evict him?

You're making the assumption that violence would work, but you don't know that. I think you're more looking for an excuse to give in to your impulses out of frustration, but you don't have one.

lol You also ask the people of Flint if they were saving up to move too? Or the people of Venezuela? Fucking lol

Condition him with chocolate

going through similar shit with family only difference they purposely do dumb shit as if to prove some retard point. although, i see it all the time...a lot of people are either shitty, entitled, petty and foolish.

More of a solution than ultimatum, but nonetheless:

Well how the fuck are you supposed to get out then? Get some debt and move out. You'll be able to pay off the debt. Don't wither away.

Violence is the only option I haven't taken besides eviction, which would leave me homeless in two months.

Making him finally fucking respect the people trying to sleep at 2 am is the only thing that matters and words do not fucking work. I can't afford to install some fancy timer that prevents the lights from being turned on after midnight.

In two years times we're supposed to get universal basic income, which will bring me to double what I earn now. I'll be able to afford to move then.

I need a solution now, and it involves having to live with this retard for the time being.

If you lay a hand on him for not turning off the lights...just imagine how thats gonna look to police, the courts, I understand its annoying as fuck but dude there will be some heavy repercussions that will only end up fucking you in the end

Make him your bitch boy, use him to release all this stress.

lol Deputy Travis isn't going to arrest me for punching an idiot for being an idiot.

Why are you insisting on living in a rut?
If your roommate is causing you so much stress gtfo. He is who he is, you two obviously aren't compatible living together.

Read the thread, retard. I can't just sell my house in a market wjere no one is buuing.

if you've raised rent to compensate for the electricity use, why does it matter if he leaves the lights on?

You mean to tell me you've considered battering someone because they leave lights on? You don't have the wits about you to be a fucking homeowner or landlord.

kick the shit out of him. or at least yell at him. shake him up. let him know you're not kidding around. handle it like a real man

You're talking about using violence because your lights are on?

You should do humanity a favor and simply kys. We need less people like you around, shitting this place up for the rest of us.

heh your plan is to deal with an autistic fuck for 2 years until some law gets passed that will magically make you able to move away?

Yes he will, this is reality not a videogame,you even said he's mildly autistic so your punching out a mentally handicapped person for not truning off the lights. How does that not sound bad to you?

So start advertising for a roommate now. Bring prospective people around while he's there. Casually bring up "The only real condition is that you have to turn the lights off when you leave a room." If he doesn't get that message, cut his skin off.

>I live in a shit town that everyone is bailing out of like rats from a sinking ship
So you think your house is going to be worth anything anytime soon?

I am not going to sit here and try to moralize you. I have tried to achieve goals in a variety of ways and I have some life advice for you. Don't shit where you eat. If you have to live with the person causing you problems or have to see them on a regular basis, you life will probably get worse, not better, after you do something destructive involving them. It doesn't change their behavior, only their relationship with you, and sometimes the only thing that happens is you get yourself into trouble and the little invalid derps off to the next scene, which only enrages you more. I am not going to try and argue that violence is 'wrong' but trust me, in social situations where your physical wellbeing isn't at stake, violence will only compound your problems.

Move out if family is doing it, or it's a brother or sister, or if it's a narcissist. Evict the renter if so. After all, it's your house or apartment.

Fear isn't respect, and it being something you haven't done yet doesn't automatically make it effective or a good idea.
You're not responding about just turning off the switch when you retire.

I really think you're just desperate to think it's valid or acceptable to act like a fucking animal, but it's not.

This
If you've raised the rent, you should be able to afford the increase electricity.

You could also buy one of those automatic triggers that turns off the circuit at the time you specify (e.g. automatically shut off the TV circuit after 10pm).

Adding to this. If people around the same neighborhood are getting aprox x2 their income when it happens your house value will go down.

>He's mildly autistic and isn't doing it out of malice or spite

Sounds like he is though.

Sounds like kind of a piece of shit. Just request a room transfer or take a refund from your loans and rent out an entire 2 story country house for like $700/month instead. Why are you rooming at college? You are spending 2x what you would in an entire house by yourself (plus car).

become the zen master.

these
stop being twice as autistic as your roommate

Him leaving everything on isn't a matter of electricity costs but keeping me and our other roommate awake and burning images into my television. The hallway light is fluorescent and illuminates through our closed bedroom doors.

We've even gone as far as shaming him in front if his friends about it twice and buying him a night light as a gag joke, but he keeps fucking doing it.

This isn't even close to something violence would fix... You're gonna harm him, then he's simply going to be like "Oh yeah I should turn the lights off now and do nothing else about him harming me and I will stay his roommate and everything will be fine?"

t. Someone who has never had a job or lived with an inconsiderate person. Must be nice living off of that trust fund.

No. I plan to move with the double income I'll be getting, the house will be a write off. It only cost $55k originally anyway.

Why not just ditch him?

Organize a moveout with the non-asshats and leave him in the dust. Fuck it.

If you do that shit you should just be left behind. They just make life harder for everyone around them so why bother?

Not him, but I have had similar or worse experiences and I still think you're being a petty jackass.

So I can tell you right now that violence is going to work. If the guy won't understand from conversation, you won't be able to beat it into him without breaking the fucking Geneva convention. You say you've tried everything, and I assume that contains telling him to turn the lights off. In that conversation did he seem receptive or was all like 'lol whatever'?

Shit, ISN'T GOING TO WORK. ISN'T!.

Intimidation works surprisingly well on the autistic, unless they have aspergers in which case they'll ape out on you any time they feel remotely frustrated.

It's why hitting an autistic kid is especially upsetting these days, because of how influential and impressionable it is on them.

>So I can tell you right now that violence is going to work.
Thanks for the advice, beating him as we speak.

Every time I've told him in person he's been apologetic and embarrassed. He then goes all hermit for a week before gradually coming back out. But he still leaves everything on NIGHTLY.

Well, if people insist on using pain, remember to do the non-obvious kind, like joint twists or pulls.You know, the kind that doesn't leave marks.

Not that I'm saying that he doesn't deserve violence, but beating the shit out of him will just bring about more grief than you need. I'd suggest looking for another roommate and laying down your conditions with them, if at all possible.

My own problem was my little brother, who was a violent, drug-addicted, self-righteous shithead who believed the world owed him an apology and a blowjob for every single thing that had gone wrong in his life (most, but not all, of which were his own doing, i.e. getting arrested once for drugs and then for dealing them)

He was abusive, verbally and physically, to me all my life, and the only reason I didn't beat the shit out of him was that mom and dad basically favored him so much that any violence, in self-defense or not, was treated as if everything was my fault. Not that it wasn't even if I just tried to get away from him.

Then it became obvious that with the second drug arrest, mom and dad couldn't bail him out, and he an heroed.

I couldn't overtly rejoice, mind, but it saved me the trouble of having to find a way to off him and coming up with an airtight alibi.

I used to live with a guy like you describe. Fucking HAD to leave EVERY and I do mean EVERY light on inside and outside the house at ALL times.

Why?

Because the stunned cunt SERIOUSLY believed that Gollum from LOTR was real and that by having no dark spaces, he would have nowhere to hide.

Oh, and he also HAD to have a fan CONSTANTLY blowing from the hallway into his bedroom. In the winter time, he'd set up his own ceramic space heater to compensate for the cool air from the fan.

It's vastly more expensive but I'm so fucking glad I live by myself now.

Try making a written agreement and a before-bed list of things to be done. If he is autistic, having a specific set of rules and a procedure ought to work. Hang the list somewhere he can't avoid seeing it like the outside of his door or something. If that doesn't work, try talking about why it didn't work.

Dude, kicking your brother's ass could have saved his life. You let him destroy himself until he felt all he had left was to kill himself. Fuck you.

OP already said that written reminders don't work.

Finally somebody worse than the OP

Some people just aren't happy with their current family for whatever reason. I think you are both better off in the long term, wherever he may have ended up. His version is heaven is better than both your version of hell on earth. Just don't blame yourself because it seemed guaranteed to happen one way or another.

Just shut it off for him

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVKSxs1gtlo

Where do you live that your expecting this magical law to come into effect?

this
lived in far worse situations.
violence taken upon me several times
it's really the only thing weak cowards with no sense of decency or any actual power end up resorting to. and it wont get you what you want, it'll get you sued.

since you had to vent on /b about something so petty, i think it's safe to say this dude can easily beat your weak minded little ass.
weak minds make weak bodies afteral

Somewhere where it's already being implimented in a few cities, two years is the maximum I'll have to wait for it to come into effect in mine.

becasue OP is mr NSA agent attempting to garner more retards into divulging their psychopathic desires onto "anonymous" where retards think they can't be traced.

>hurr you're weak for wanting to beat people
>hurr you're weak for venting here instead of beating him

What did he mean by this?

One question OP
Do you have retard strength?
Because he does.

If I were NSA would I acknowledge your post?

>So nice. I found glitch in this website.

Well the NSA is mostly hand selected psychopaths watching other people. Only a psycho would do a job like that for a wage everyday.

You think a well adjusted person can clock in 8 hours a day to watch prepubescent girls shower and file people to future fema camps each day?

Pussy bitch kill yourself

I'm not the one who spent years watching my own brother kill himself out of some sibling rivalry.

Why do you think it had anything to do with you?

Do it user autistic people are practically dogs with human bodies

I'd ask your little club to stop stealing identities and putting entire families on death camp lists. At tax expense.

>wife
>2 daughters
>all the lights on
>the little one is learning, slowly

I still don't think that would help user.
Some people just can't be tought some things.