I just got my grade for my first speech in Com 231 - Public Speaking

I just got my grade for my first speech in Com 231 - Public Speaking.

I was deducted two letter grades for moving my hands while I spoke. The comment next to my grade in Moddle says,

"You need to keep your hands still when speaking. Your hands were all over the place. Hand movement when speaking is aggressive behavior. You need to be more considerate about how your body language might offend your audience".

I got a fucking C for not keeping my hands by my side while I gave my speech in class.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHmwn66YVHs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7BFnDI9Aw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>So nice. I found glitch in this website.

C for cancer
But I feel you man. I'm in engineering and all of the freshman engineers had to sit through an hour and a half of a blonde white later telling us about how we needed to check our privilege

obviously they don't fucking know what public speaking is. I have been to 4 of them and they moved their hands most of the time.

Jesus Christ man, is this what the world has come to.? You're not allowed to talk without your fucking hands moving anymore?

Christ. Edgy jokes aside, they really are turning everyone into expressionless robots.

Tell him hand and mouth movement is intrinsically linked in the brain.

Your professor is an autist

Look how much hitler moved his hands and he was an amazing public speaker

/thread/

Compile examples of the greatest speakers throughout history and present them the next day

your professor is a fucking moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=yHmwn66YVHs

@ :29
>put your hand down

This is actually solid advice.

take a real career you fucking moron

It's probably a required class or at least fills a requirement. Learn school dumb ass.

At my University Communication classes are required for all majors to graduate. Public speaking usually looks like the easiest to pass.

It's a required class, dipshit.

Practice speaking in front of a mirror and keep your hands at your side. Stupid fucking requirement, but you should be able to hold still after a few tries.

Tell her you are 1/8th Italian and this remark is very offensive to you and your agressive hand waving faggot family

I learned that gesture and moving around is good, because it makes the speaker feel more natural and at ease and can focus the attentation of the listerners to certain key points. Now, your teacher might be right to say that moving and gestuering might offend parts of the audience. But given the context of public speaking, isn't delivering the speech in the most effective way more important than not offending anyone?

Jesus

Maybe you should show your 'perfesser' some real aggressive behavior.

jesus christ that's fucking retarded
In my high school classes when we had debates and shit we were told not to just keep our hands to our sides
on a side note the english teacher I had last semester was a massive liberal and I just went full shitlord when it came to the ole gender and race essay while staying in the guidelines of the essay so she had to give me an A lmao

He shouldn't have to.

>ou need to be more considerate about how your body language might offend your audience".

(((MicroAgressions)))

I agree, but you gotta play by the rules in college. If you want the grade you have to bite the bullet and do what the retards want.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7BFnDI9Aw

You can fight a professor. They have bosses.

I went over the head of my professors in college on 7 separate occasions when I was in college to object to a grade I felt was unfair. Most of the time the effort resulted in my grade being changed.

I would appeal this grade to the department chair and if that didn't work, I would go to the fucking president of the college.

Very good point. It most likely depends on the college. If OP is at a school like Evergreen, it is unlikely that even the president would step in. Definitely worth a try though.

school is useless. the real world doesn't give a fuck or grade you on shit

dont waste any more energy on this trash class. drop out of school and do something real