Is your country boycotting the Eurovision?

Is your country boycotting the Eurovision?

Slovakia, yes! For the fifth year in a row.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg
youtube.com/watch?v=-OnRxfhbHB4
youtube.com/watch?v=gAh9NRGNhUU
youtube.com/watch?v=_XkGlejI98s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Broadcasting_Union#Active_members
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Morocco
Uhhhhhhhhhhh wut

Why?

lack of funds

It's not like anyone would vote for Russia, Turkey or Morocco anyway these days.

Wow, sad.

Yes. Shame to Ukraine.

no we pay so much money (along with a coupe of others) we get a free slot in the final and dont even qualify
and we still always come near the bottom

isn't it?

gib euromonies

Since when Israel is part of Europe?

>Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan
These are not countries in Europe
>Israel
It is definitely not a country of Europe, it's in the center of the Middle-East

why?

also,where is that epic sax guy from?

Australia isn't either but since they pay they can be part of it.

>why?
no money

>also,where is that epic sax guy from?
moldova

>australia
>again

When will you europoor call Canada?

Britain has some of the most iconic musicians of all time, especially in the last 100 years. why can't they produce shitty europop?

why not use croud funding?

Australia is European by culture and still European by race. I wish the Australian government could close the doors to the Chinkies and other non-white immigrants.

Because no one here gives a fuck about eurovision. It always had bad ratings when we participated.

They profit way too much from chinks to stop them from coming. At least they gain something from it unlike us.

>Russia
>Georgia
>Armenia
>Azerbaijan
>Morocco
>Turkey
"""Euro"""vision

Lol, I didn't even notice Israel. Wtf

Siberian detected
Russia is European, deal with it.

I wish the Aboriginal people could close the doors to the Whites and other non-Australoid immigrants.

russia is its own continent, also russians are not slavs

If there is Turkey I can't see why not Israel.

nothing wrong with Russia being in it (except that you take this contest WAY too seriously)

but the rest should fuck off, indeed

>Let me tell you about your country

>nobody posted it yet
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

everyone in range of certain sats gets invited

Europe, North Africa, Central Asia, they all can join if they want.

the only singing gypsy moved to hungary

Still pushing it very hard.

>what are diaspora

Think of it like this: The Eurovision is a international phenomenon, bigger than Idol, exfactor, got talent or any other music competitions, amplified by the fact that the musicians represents their respective countries and therefore national pride and identity are involved. In 1956, only 9 years since the end of WW2 in Europe and in the middle of the cold war, someone thought it would be a great idea to have a singing competition between nations. This could happen in no other continent than in Europe and these other nations like Armenia, Israel etc. see this and seeks to enhance their ties to this community of nations that celebrates shitty pop and national pride through dance and song

It's not like Russia won the popular vote last time

kek they won the popular vote, the jury screwed them

>mfw finding out the creator of Father Ted is a prissy, sjw cunt on twitter

>Andorra doesn't participate

Welp, that's minus douze points for us.

ukraine banned russia from participating but we wanted to be a part if it so much.
poor russia people are having such a bad time now, we just wanted to watch a show and see our representative there, but ukrainians just decided to kick us out.

Just give their land back, Ivan.

Then return Crimea and you can participate in Eurovision, seems like a fair trade

The fact that nearly every country sings in English should be enough to boycott this shitshow. How cucked are Europeans?

i would do that but the ordinary people here can't influence what politicians do since this country is corrupted to the core.
and i thought eurovision is not about politics

It was never theirs

>Ukrainian Crimea
h-hey, s-senpai, fuck yourself p-please

But Eurovision is supposed to be non-political. Building bridges between different nations is literally the whole concept of the show

i would be glad if crimea is returned to ukraine.

>we wanted to be a part of it
like anyone in Russia seriously cares about the Eurovision

>"""""""""euro"""""""vision
>australia
>azerbaijan
>turkey
>georgia
>armenia
>israel

But babe, under the surface, eurovision has always been about politics

>eurovision is not about politics

Eurovision is not about politics but it may not be the best idea to let Russia participate in an event celebrated in Ukraine security wise.

You know, no one has to deal with an angry Ukrainian mob beating to death any Russian in sight.

>But Eurovision is supposed to be non-political.
KEK

Have you even seen eurovision before hans

And why sweden is so hyped abiut eurovision?

>Celebrate Diversity
>Everyone sings in English

>they don't know that Italy will win Eurovision this year

youtube.com/watch?v=-OnRxfhbHB4

>everyone disregards their native language and sings in english

>eurotrash songs that all sound the same
>diversity

because those who don't are at a disadvantage
it's one less variable in the equation of success

I decided weeks ago that I'm gonna vote for Italy.

Yeah I think Russians should be glad that they can't participate this year. Remember the last years when the crowd was booing at the Russian participants? I can't imagine what would happen this time...the BOOS would be louder than the performance itself

>eurotrash songs that all sound the same

youtube.com/watch?v=gAh9NRGNhUU

Yeah but they could all sound similar while singing in their native language to bring the diversity up a notch. Language is an important aspect for people and their country.

It's become a tradition, ABBA is probably the most famous example, but our success in eurovision and international music overall is a great source of pride in sweden, it's also become a tradition to talk trash about the competition in public and point out how goofy it is while still cheering sweden on in the final. If you want to read up on the swedish obession of eurovision further just google Schlager music

Il Volo should have won btwtbqh

One of the best songs we've ever sent finished second to last because the lyrics were patriotic and we were still under Salazar's regime and denying the independence to our african colonies.
youtube.com/watch?v=_XkGlejI98s

This contest has always been political even with juries.

>Australia is in Eurovision

they identify as european you shitlord
please refer to them with their prefered pronoun of yuros henceforth

Sounds pretty cucked

It gets tiring to have to explain this every time. Funny thing is Israel participating prevents more Arab countries like Morocco to participate because you know why.

>America's education

fuck off tatar

Why? Morocco has always been an ally/friend of Israël and jews.

As matter of fact, it's one of the most jewish country un history.

Why doesn't Pakistan participate? There are fuckin millions of you in Europe.

It's pretty fucking gay, but fun

T. Magnus Magnusson Carlsson

i bet tatars and other minorities in russia want to see themselves as european more than anyone.
it's mostly so-called ethnic russians who insist on being unique and non-european

There's 1.2 millions pakis in Europe, it's not "millions"

It's basically a colony of european jews and their descendants, ironically the few jews who lived there before are treated like shit.

Israël population is mostly mizhari, moroccan jews, arabs muslims, only """euros""" are Russian jews.

I think it's mostly about how they have very little in common with their neighbours and Europe is relatively close and have relatively common cultures

Why? Wouldn't Tatar identify more as central asian, why would they identify as Europe? I mean Buryat etc don't, do they?

No it's because the contest is run by the EBU which is just a geographical broadcasting union. North Africans could participate too if they wanted to.

It's ironic, but I'd believe it. There's a bunch of places in Central Asia where I'd bet they'd love to be able to interact with the rest of the world without having to go through the Russians.

Il volo was pathetic. The lyrics were pathetic, one of the guys couldn't sing for shit, the whole thing looked like a joke opera.

>schlager music
I don't think I grasped the concept of it. But judging by wikipedia's article on this, it's popular in many european countries but not a thing in the Iberian Peninsula, which might help explaining why we're shit at eurovision.

Not sure why we stopped participating,we even won a couple of times

same reason

They have more to do with Europe than fucking Russia or Azerbaijan, that's for sure.

I thought Luxembourg was rich comparative to its size

it's a scam

daily reminder that even libya and lebanon may participate if they want to
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Broadcasting_Union#Active_members

> and therefore national pride and identity are involved
Not here because the regime discourages national pride and probably because the state broadcating company which decides the candidate just doesn't give a shit about "representing our country" and wants to appeal to foreigners instead since Germans can't vote anyway.

All members of EBU can join

Kek

Don't think that that's the reason,I believe it's just that we lack talent

>fucking Israel won EUROvision three times
>Portugal never won

kek

more yuropean than you, pooftah

>Brazil in Eurovision
Uma delicia

they are an associated member, they cant participate
only the dark blue ones can

how is that boycotting?