Hidden/forgotten gems

hidden/forgotten gems

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/346930/Deadhold/
steamcommunity.com/groups/GHGems
store.steampowered.com/app/7020/Rogue_Trooper/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

whats going on in this thread?

How many hours I've put into this game I don't even know.

bump

Rocket: Robot on Wheels

I don't think anyone forgot Soul Reaver, they did make several other games in the series you know

OP's mother

Oh man, I was just talking to someone about that game. Even by today's standards that game kicks ass.

the sequel was even better

hope both end up on GOG one day

casualtyyyy

ma nigga

?????

OP the game.

oh lord

he thinks this is a best games thread

THIS IS THE NEW INCARNATION OF MYTH:

Median is the shiiiiiiiiiiit. Sigma will happen one day.

I run a curation group for hidden gems and forgotten classics on Steam over at steamcommunity.com/groups/GHGems

Dumping a few of the better ones

>Hard Reset

Shit nigga you old

>Blood: One Whole Unit

Myth ii with WW2 plugs is still the best game I've ever played. Truly the golden age of gaming.

>Marlow Briggs
Not amazing but definitely under-rated

THIS IS THE NEW INCARNATION OF MYTH:

What is this game? Looks familiar

This gaem

my nigga

>limb-based hp
>dismemberment
>Sword motion control with mouse
>configurable movement macros
>great difficulty

This absolute golden jewel was ahead of its time

I grew up in the best time, man.

>MDK
Ahead of it's time

The absolute grand-daddy of all the sci-fi 3rd person shooters.

>Secret World
Lesser known MMORPG and one of the few I can play without getting bored after 10 minutes.

played the fuck out of this

Shit was SO cash.
Bullfrog had so many great titles. I'd play the shit out of a remaster of that game, any day.

HORY SHET i forgot all about this game!

>Shtartopia

honey select

Man, those were the days when devs really innovated and weren't afraid of fucking up while doing so.
Now everything is a rehash of something else.

Could we say that the golden age of vidya is past us?

this. I was born 1980 and about this time it was overall best (except that there was no internet, but I didnt miss something)

Man I used to play the shit out of that game on my old Mac Preforma.

Success. They're both on Steam now but 2 is still shit

i was to stupid to play this game. But I still own it in the big box

maybe. back then devs made what they were passionate about nowadays it's about pleasing a (loud) crowd and to make easy money.

Also known as N.I.C.E. 2

>shartopia
lel

wait, also known as Breakneck
mixed it up, downloaded european box art

I think people try new things more often these days because it's what makes you stand out and it's easy to make games now, but back then we had small groups of people joining together to form a games company and launch a product with varied input and different techniques and stuff so you ended up with lots of quirky unique shit (see: dungeon keeper etc)

That and they tended to have more money and a much longer dev cycle (10 years+). You're right, it was a golden age

Fuck yea, i'm gonna check out number 2 then. Commencing nostalgia mode

oh man this was the very first game i pirated and learned how to crack. good times

Is that Rune?

Vince the Voodoo Doll

We will see return of golden age once one man can produce AAA titles, think of quantum computing and VR when you a linked to PC and can create games directly with your thoughts.

My pick would be Rogue Trooper, recently found it on Steam store.steampowered.com/app/7020/Rogue_Trooper/

>"dad can you buy me this game called Vice City?"
>"we will not have killing and sex in your games in this house while you are here young man"
2 weeks later dad gets me this

Classic HD on Steam, aye

salt and sanctuary

You already do to a degree from countries like Poland who are going through what the UK did in the golden age of gaming-

Small teams of programmers coming together from various backgrounds and making something together. It's why most of the great games of late have come from Poland and Ukraine.
Granted they're still a bit on the poor side over there but that's coming along too.

member neopets

yea but they have budget for tripple A titles

this

Nobody remembers this poor woofer

This one I am torn on, to me seems cryptic as hell to figure out quests a lot of the time

That's what publishers are for.
Or bank loans.
A lot of great titles/companies were made while facing potential bankruptcy, never in the black and working overtime almost every day.
You can see the same happen with indie devs nowadays, and they're the only thing preventing the industry from going completely stale.

isn't that kingpin?