time to open another cold beer and take it into the steamy shower

>drinking beer in the shower
too extreme for me

what's it like living life on the edge?

evening

you're living the life

>drinking cold beer in hot steamy shower
i dont think thats good for your heart bud

its a moment of pure simple pleasure, drinking an ice cold beer while a hot steamy shower cascades down and relaxes your back

next ones in your honor senpai

>i dont think thats good for your heart bud
its good for the soul, and thats what matters

Is "the south" the states that were Confederates, or are some states that weren't in it also considered to be a part of "the south"?

yes, Kentucky and West Virginia are considered Southern to an extent and didn't fight with us. Florida did fight with us but mostly isn't considered Southern. Texas is considered half its own thing and half Southern, it's a matter for debate here a lot.

confederate

kansas/missouri are occasionally included as well, but only the edges of those states bordering the rest of dixieland are really culturally southern, specifically the northern ozark mountains in lower missouri and the east third of kansas

If they have a drawl, they're southern.

Okay, thanks. I have hundreds of extremely distant relatives who all live in the Virginias and Carolinas, so I guess they're all southern then.

That's unquestionably Southern territory. So yes they are.

true

>Kansas
never heard this before, but then again I don't know anything about that area of the US.

Only been in northern USA myself (Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania), I'd love to visit the south too some day, if the heat doesn't kill me. Heavy drinking and shitloads of meat sounds like my kind of deal.

You'll have lots of that, but if the heat doesn't get you the extroverted nature of the natives will. You will most likely be small talked to death.

Mood:
youtube.com/watch?v=L3Rh2hnDtAg

Nah m8, I'm pretty conversational myself. When I was younger I was more like the stereotypical Finn, but the older I get the more I enjoy just talking with random people (plus I work a customer service type job so I'm used to meaningless small talk).

>been procastinating on my projects for the past 3 days
>didnt went to school for 3 weeks
>check classes whatsapp group
>everyone is losing their shit trying to finish projects that they could have finished weeks ago
>im already almost done

It feels GREAT tbqh.

east kansas is full of southern indians, choctaw, cherokee, creek, and the like

top kek
good for you bud, sometimes, but very rarely, the lazy route can actually be the most productive.

>He hasn't fucked his nieces
>He hasn't fucked his slaves or his illegitimate female child from his slave
>He thinks he's "Southern"
LOL

>the goals

>extreme procrastination
We talked about that once before, no?

probably.
Hey man i asked a question yesterday but i guess you werent around. I want to pick up on accordion did you mentioned you played it before?

is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Puerto Rico is bankrupt, now may be our time to /goldencircle/ it.

First them, then Venezuela.

He's on California time so he's probably still in work hours. I've heard it's a really difficult instrument though.

oh crud, well i will be sleeping now so i might as well post it here and get a reply at morning.

I just wanted to ask him if i should learn some other musical instrument before picking up on accordion, and if there is something i should look out for when buying a beginners level one (like price or material)

Do you play anything now?

>/cum/ foreigners
>filthy German perverts

>/dixie/ foreigners
>friendly Turkish artists
Where did everything go so right?

reminder that /dixie/ is a Dunmer general

no, i dont have alot of plans for summer other than visiting the mountains in the east, so i tought i would pick up an instrument as a useful hobby.
Im still not sure between accordion or violin though, violin seems more viable but i want to get the opinion of someone who actually plays the accordion.

Thanks bud i appreciate you

Yeah true, you're much better off taking advice from somebody that does play it. I used to play the violin though and I reckon I can pretty much guarantee it will be easier though.

*passes by your thread*

Just learned my school will be hosting a 2 day board game design trianel (not sure if this is a english word) Pretty exited! Hope i can drag one of the digital drawers with me to join

Thanks for your input.
Do you have a recommended price range for a beginner?

I think she's Jewish

N'wahs out

All me

I actually bought a biography of him a few weeks ago, it's this big thing, one if those multiple volumes in one book deal. Pretty interesting read so far.

wop bop bam bam

>I want to pick up on accordion did you mentioned you played it before?
Yessir.

(from )
>if i should learn some other musical instrument before picking up on accordion
I did, but that's not necessary. I actually picked up the accordion because I wanted something more portable.

>if there is something i should look out for when buying a beginners level one (like price or material)
If you're buying a new one, expect to spend at least $1000 for something of good quality (i.e. not mass produced crap from China). Weltmeister is a good company; their whole range tends to be pretty solid. If you end up getting a bigger professional model later, a small one from them will still be nice to carry around as a travel instrument, when you don't want to lug around a full-size one.

As for me, I knew I was serious about learning to play the thing and I already had years of musical experience, so I went straight for a high-end model. Bit under $3000, great instrument.

Buying a used instrument is also a good option if you want to save money, but don't buy a used one off the internet unless there's a video or something that lets you hear the thing and make sure it actually works. From what I've heard, eBay is full of people selling shitty used instruments that end up costing hundreds more to fix because they're unplayable when you get 'em.

Naw, I just wasn't on here at the time.

I played the violin for a few years, ended up stopping because the one I have just ain't good enough anymore and I didn't have the money for a better one.

Apparently I'm shit at replying. That was supposed to be but I deleted the 1 somehow.

>bit under 3000
Shit

Yeah, they sure as hell ain't cheap.

taxation is theft

This tbqh

Keep up the good work.

youtube.com/watch?v=tJl3ZAg6mj0

best fucking episode from the comfiest show ever

How was your day bud

THAT'S MY PURSE
I DON'T KNOW YOU

>best episode
yeah I really can't think of a better one honestly.

Do denoise your pictures though.

reminder of best flag

best in the South, definitely

Texan here stuck in California.

Texas is a whole 'nother country.

South by South West. SXSW.

Some midwest.

We got Jews like Michael Dell and Kinky Friedman. Tejas like the Castro Brothers and Los Lobos. Krauts. Black folk. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimmie Vaughan and Willie Nelson and Alejandro Escibedo.

BBQ. Tex-Mex. Baseball and especially football. Hot smart tough women. Austin. Houston. DFW. San Antonio. El Paso.

Central Texas was Union. Much was Rebel. We fought for this land and earned it by conquest. Now we all Texans.

Screw you, I'm from Texas.

I'm in CA too, hey.
>baseball
To be fair, we have plenty of baseball here. Five goddamn teams in one state. I'm a Giants fan.

Why is Louisiana thought of as southern but Texas isn't? Same deyfrunc

Just watched Pink Floyd's The Wall (1982), it's better than the album. Also Pink did nothing wrong.

The Gerald Scarfe animations make the movie amazing.

Because Louisiana is only Frog near New Orleans

there isn't very much similarity between the two culturally.
>Texas isn't
Most of Texas is.

>it's another "is Texas Dixie argument" episode

White Georgians have more in common with white Texans than white Louisianans

It's Southern until you hit Dallas

French Louisianans*

All of Texas and Oklahoma are Southern tbqh

this desu

I always thought that album sounded like a showtune, but that makes it better when it's set to video imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=hdm_ipaHAvs

This is a good picture.

do you all ever get self-conscious of your accent when going outside the south?

I had some old yankee geezer laughing for 2-3 minutes because I pronounce "wrestling" like "rasslin'"

First time I got angry over my accent

At least you don't sound like a whiny bird from up north.
Same shit happens when they come down around here.

no desu, it's never really occurred to me.

youtu.be/ICcm0Mbgw3g

i live in tennessee but all my family is from kansas so i pretty much have a neutral accent, and no one really comments on it ever

when I was a kid I learned most of my English from American games and movies, so my accent used to tend more towards a northern usa accent than to a British one. then, when I was around eleven or twelve, I got this absolute retard of a teacher forcing us to speak with a really posh English accent. my first time in England I got laughed at every time I spoke, because I sounded like a stuck up fucking snob.
a year after that I discovered that for our oral exams we were allowed to speak with whatever accent we liked, long as it wasn't dutch, so I tried my best to sound as american as possible from then on. sounds better anyways

our school try to make us speak with posh english accents as well, which is dumb cause we talk like orcs

>we talk like orcs
exactly, most people here end up with this weird mix accent of Dutch and RP as well. there is no reason to teach 'em this retarded accent that is these days only used by a minority of the English speakers. sure, they done invented the language, but they're falling into irrelevancy. teach kids general american english or something

Reminder that DC is technically the South

youtu.be/Jw3hjVrisxk

Ah, the joys of language classes.

If Bethesda set a(nother) Fallout game in the South, what would be the best region?

Houston.