How do I find out what gender this is?

Other urls found in this thread:

growweedeasy.com/weed-leaves-are-dying-help
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i think there are now 52 different genders
ur fucked.

Fuuck

f

flip it to 12/12 and see what sex it is....

you know... the only fucking way there is.

It's a male cut it down

Smoke some, you'll be able to tell based off the high you get.

lmao

This. The sex is easy to identify once the plant begins to flower, just don't be a retard and let the males pollinate.

Not an indoor plant. Is an organic sungrow.

google. shit looks female tho fam.

jizz on it and see if it reproduces

Ye. I thought female too. Just wanted to have a second opinion.

By smoking it and slapping to booty and having sex. :P

check for white hairs user! my seedling have been growing for about 5 weeks and last night some of them started to show sex so far 2 females and 4 males. check for white hairs for females and little nanners for the males.

It looks female, but once you see that first white hair pop, you'll know.

not a grower, but aren't you supposed to trim those small branches growing in between the main stem and the larger branches?
I know you're supposed to do it with most vegetables, it lets the nutrients, and presumably THC, get to the main fruiting bodies and not the runt branches. That way, for vegetables, the main fruit is larger and more tasty.
I'm not sure if trimming those small branches would increase the THC levels in the main buds, or if it would just cut down on your yield without any extra benefit

>jpg

fuck dude, it's 2017... you cant just assume it's gender.

faggot.

kek

Commercial grower here, 100% certain that's female.

This

Hi user.

Very interested party here; in Cali. Unlike some Sup Forumstards, I have money to invest.

In your experience, is there a way to get into this industry. Prolly have a few grand as startup.

Yeah, you're right. Trimming will produce bigger top buds and reduce the little chaffy bits that grow underneath - and are, frankly, a pain in the arse to trim.

check its priviledge :^)

Ask it what it's preferred pronouns are shitlord

Yo user so i was able to acquire some really old seeds im talking about maybe 15 years old. some of them germinated but its been about a month and they are like around 3 god damn inches did i get some bad genetics?

The real money is in processing oil for large light dep greenhouses. 30k sqft sure as shit isn't getting trimmed, or sold legally.

Too early to tell. As other anons said, you can only tell by flowering them. I'd completely strip the bottom third of the stem bare. It'll give you bigger top buds and save you lots of time and effort when it comes to trimming it.
Pic is a male flower.

They are pretty slow from see3d, compared to cuttings, but even if they're slow that doesn't necessarily mean bad genes. Everything is bred to veg and flower in the shortest possible time these days - you could even have a strain that's avoided that artificial selection.
I wouldn't give up on it yet user.

thanks bro not giving up but when i saw the white hairs and nanners on others i was like well what type of cannabis did these old seeds have hahaha

I've got access to around 30k sqft. However, don't want to go to Federal Prison.

Can you dial it back from "real" money, to the light gray area of legality?

Welcome dude. Just give it time. They can need 2-3 months of veg before flowering, and they can stretch to almost double in size during the 7-10 week flowering period.
As for "old" seeds, it was people bringing home landrace strains like Northern Lights or the Afghani strains that led to the variety we have now. Could be some really nice bud. Maybe worth taking a few cuttings, just in case.

well right now im just doing it for fun and for some smoke but if it turns out to be something nice ill just pollinate one of my females for more seeds.

Do you feel an attraction toward it? No? Then it's female.

Fair enough, although seeds by definition carry a mixture of genetic material. With cuttings you literally clone the plant, keeping the desirable traits intact. Pollinating one of your girls will most likely produce plants that are different from both parents.

even if they are from the same seeds? thanks ill make some clones if it turns out to be alright.
Haha the only thing i know with genetics and breeding is with Snakes.

Well does it have a penis or not?

Yes even from the same seeds, for the same reason you're not identical to either of your parents.

I'm glad you don't just assume its gender.

Well Thank you user!! Really informative!

Some indicas stay pretty short for the first, but 3 inches in a month is slow.

Is the pot too small? Good lighting? Too much nitrogen?

No probs user. 420chan is worth a look if you've not been there already.

i need help i have some weed oil and i cant cook so i was thinking put a cap in some peanut butter and mix then make a sandwich would it work or any better ideas?

its an outdoor grown plenty of sun, pot is big enough for now, good stable condition so maybe nutrients are what i need to give them?

That looks like you got a gnarly SOG with a vertical hang hps set up you got there

Arnt you starting a little late? Lol

If the oil hasn't been decarboxylated eating it won't get you high. Try getting a little on a small blade then heat it with a lighter until it becomes virtually liquid. Then, before it cools down, wipe the blade down a cigarette paper - or even a cigarette, if yo smoke them - and use the paper to roll a joint as usual.

It's actually a ScrOG (Screen of green).
>pic related

yeah probably but this is just for fun it ain't nothing serious. i had some old seeds i didnt think would take and they did so i rolled with it

Oh what the fuck is the cr for? I knew it was sea of green but some dudes say scrog. Idk what the cr is for so I said SOG

Dude I'd just throw that bitch in a 3 gallon. You'll be lucky if you can get it to three feet before the light switch.

Scr=Screen

Tickle the taint look for balls

If they're four weeks old, you can start them on nutes.

If they're dark green, it could be the soil is too nitrogen rich, they love nitrogen, but it can stunt their growth if excessive. Search "nitrogen toxicity".

Do you have any pics? Just want to see if they look sick.

Anyway, the first little bit is slow sometimes, but if they're that small and have true leaves, it could be a very short strain, wouldn't be the first selectively bred to make it easier to grow indoors.

If you take a look at some subreddits like /r/microgrowery or /r/spacebuckets you can see what most plants look like after a month.

As for nutes, try Advanced Nutrients' line. If you go for something not formulated for your plants, you'll probably need something like Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag to balance it out anyway. Might as well skip that step and just order some of their nutes for vegging plants.

To be honest, you're lucky they germinated after that long.

It is the wrong time of year to grow outdoors, but depending where you're at, it might be less of a problem. They'll also have a growth spurt when you start flowering them. That can make slow growing plants fill out nicely.

Oh fuck I'm high. Screen. Sea of green is a bunch of little fucks at once. Those are fucking massive bushes you stressed out with a screen then flipped the cycle. Is it a vertical hps hang? What wattage?

->

well the oil is liquid like normal oil and my friend dipped his finger in some one night and she said it gave her some weird dreams so im just thinking its activated

just ask it, don't you bigots know you should allow things to choose what sex they were born with? are you some sort of facist? kkk? white supremist?

no pics but the most bottom leaves turned like a beige color and died. live in Cali.

There's 8 plants under 2x600w hps lamps.Only have 6 plants this time, just vegging them for a few extra weeks to fill the screen up as much as possible. They're 9 week flowerers and I wanted to get a crop in before xmas.

Depends how it's been made, I suppose. I've only made qwiso, which isn't heated at any point to decarb it until you smoke it.
Pic related - my first attempt at qwiso using some trim from a mate's grow.

Grower here. You're the one with bad genetics

Who the fuck uses flash in their plant's dark cycle? Is this even your room? FFS user

Sometimes that happens naturally, no issues, but because they're stunted as well, I'd bet it is. I had something similar happened before I switched to the AN line, but the cal-mag stuff helped balance out the rest of the nutes, and it resolved in a couple weeks.

Part of my problem was also the pH was off and fluctuated.

How many gallons is the pot? That can also slow down growth if get root bound or rot.

Do you water them yourself? Check the pH. You want it neutral or very slightly acidic. Around 5.5-6.5 IMO.

growweedeasy.com/weed-leaves-are-dying-help

Still pretty late in the year to start IME, even for Cali, but if it doesn't pan out you can always move them indoors to finish flowering.

male/hybrid for sure!

well shit looks like im in over my head with this hahaha, i just planted them and water them like any regular plant.
they are in a 1gal pot
I am most likely going to try and give it some nutrients and see where it goes from there. like i said i just rolled with it since they germinated. guess next time i try ill have to do a lot more research

Yes it's mine, but the alternative is photos like this pic. Still don't know why it happens, if any user can explain it I'd appreciate it. It's never made a noticable difference, I average around 5 - 5.5oz/plant.

Yeah, it was male. The only one I've had in 5 years though so I definitely recommend feminized seeds.

What's your electric bill?

The research helps, for sure, but don't be discouraged. Most of the stuff is about maximizing yield, which of course starts with as close to ideal conditions as possible.

I'd definitely keep it going, but you might try switching to slightly larger fabric pots. They tend to grow a little more vigorously in those, plus they're cheap. Like, $10ish for 5 3 or 5 gallons pots.

After fabric pots and some nutes, you shouldn't need to invest much more than time in them. They'll grow in the 1 gallon, but they just won't get as big, and may end up becoming root bound, which'll slow down growth too unfortunately.

They're hardy plants, but they can be temperamental at times. Good luck, West coast, user.

It's because of your lights, bro. lol.

Know how recordings of tv and monitor screens tend to have a scrolling bar? It's p. much the same effect.

Thanks user I got a few bucks to invest in this fun hobby! I'll keep going till the end if its not a success then ill try again next spring! Trial and Error!!

Males and hermies will have little pollen balls on them

hit it with 12--12

grower here AMA

>feminized seeds.
Umm I believe it's spelled Feminalized and it starts with spraying a parent with Colonial Silver. It has to be silver from the Colonial era or it won't work

My cat's got those little tiny balls on him.

what strain is that?

Grape kush from moxie

Sprayed like jizzum of course

She's chopped already

Looks like my pink kush x brumese kush no name cross. leafy as shit and matures mad fast and turns purple, but that flavor!!

nice any pics ?

nothing grows in a swamp look in nature, where does stuff grow?

in a swamp. have you took it out of the cup yet?

Not sure what you're asking or trying to say, bud.

Are you trying to grow in a swamp? Are you an ogre?

kek

When you switch it to budding light cycle the genders will show, males have balls and females have flowers

Cant tell nowadays.

One thing that worked for me when I grew was take pictures in the light with flash on aswell. The flash didnt make it any brighter but it got rid of those lines somehow.

you ask it

Who wants to buy pounds? 500 for some of last years

You can force it to start flowering by cutting back its light, then it will show hairs and smell deep and skunky, or it will show pollen sacks and smell minty. or both and be a hermaphrodite... not kidding. in that case it will still make bud but not worth it in my opinion. That's the only way to know asap for sure. it will stunt its growth,but if its indoor you don't have to worry about missing harvest time. hope I helped.