Listen to a "critically acclaimed classic"

>listen to a "critically acclaimed classic"
>it's just shitty generic dadrock

This but unironically.

>listen to a critically acclaimed classic
>it's just these fucking dubs check em

like what

what's your definition of dadrock

Found the triggered wrong generation kid.

What is Who's Next for 200, Alex

I feel like such an idiot or a pleb when I listen to a great album and it doesn't do anything for me. Groups like the Talking Heads or The Velvet Underground that have their own sound really work but some of The Doors just doesn't work. I get that they're the best of that specific type of music but it's still just so boring to me.

I must be a huge pleb.

some bands just haven't aged well but are overrated by rockists and boomers

like what

Yep

Who's next is acclaimed? It's not even a top 3 who record

Fr, I've listened to The Doors so many times and every time I tune out. Sometimes I decide I'm just going to sit down and focus on the music and halfway through my brain just goes numb and starts filtering it out.

I can listen to Remain in Light all the way through over and over and love it every time, and I can listen to music that is far more conventionally boring like slowdive and stay engaged the whole time.

I guess it's legitimately a generation and aesthetics problem. Most classic rock doesn't click for me at all.

i felt similar until i watch oliver stones doors biopic

its such a great film and the live performances are extremely intense, gave me better context for the band and their work

for me the band that was always like that was Joy Division
it's just too bland

I HAD A ROUGH DAY AND I HATE THE FUCKING EAGLES MAAN

you need to listen to the doors on drugs, that's how you truly understand their music

>it's good if you're on drugs
kys

The Doors are top 5 fir me personally

kek don't even act like music isn't better on drugs, especially the doors

Listen harder

that would've been cool if you got dubs
instead you'll have to settle for my digits

Can you redpill me? I know that they sort of perfected their sound but is there any more to them than that? Am I missing something?

I listened to The Doors tripping on acid and I couldn't fucking stand it. False argument.

Don't try, just check mine.

that's not how you get dubs pleb

Fuck this gay earth

>wahhh it isn't nigshit
Your opinion is objectively wrong

Ah, yes. The two genres of music: nigshit and dadrock, with nothing in between.

The Doors are absolute trash and anyone who likes them should feel like an idiot or a pleb.

Their s/t and Strange Doors are solid 60's psych rock albums... the rest of their discography... yeah, it's not that interesting

Talking Heads and TVU actually did great things for music in their respective genres, so i can sympathize with your opinion on The Doors; other artists did it better.

Serious question, aren't dadrockism and poptimism just the same thing but a generation or two apart? I don't understand why they're viewed as separate.

>the Talking Heads

woopsie daisy mister

Waiting For The Sun and LA Woman have some nice songs.

was the dude the most patrician protagonist of all time?
>CCR
>Captain Beefheart
>Field recordings of bowling
>Kenny Rogers
>Hates The Eagles

Worst feeling. Whenever I feel like checking acclaimed and generally popular "classics" of the past, I get my hopes to high expecting genre-pushing music that could help be build a better understanding of music overall.

But it almost always ends up being tart shit like

probs