NICO

>Nico was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. Her friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped her sign to Elektra Records, described her as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Nico, I'm Jewish,' and she was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' She had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that she was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view she appears to have continued to maintain throughout her later years. According to Fields, Nico once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Nico performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.

fucking based

She was also banging Jim Morrison

And Lou Reed.

And probably John Cale.

Reflections of fear makes shadows of nothing.

Don't criticize the author, criticize thier works.

she also created a love child with the most attractive male of all time, alain delon

didn't this dumb bitch die cause she couldn't ride a bike properly

absolutely john cale, why else would he agree to produce desertshore

She was born in Germany in 1938. Why wouldn't she feel that way?

Great record.

>the entry in Please Kill Me about her and Lou

>Nico would say things so Lou Reed couldn’t answer back. You see, Lou and Nico had some kind of affair, both consummated and constipated, during the time he wrote these psychological love songs for her like, “I’ll Be Your Mirror” and “Femme Fatale.”

When it fell apart, we really learnt how Nico could be the mistress of the destructive one-liner. I remember one morning we had gathered at the Factory for a rehearsal. Nico came in late, as usual. Lou said hello to her in a rather cold way.
>Nico simply stood there. You could see she was waiting to reply, in her own time. Ages later, out of the blue, came her first words. “I cannot make love to Jews anymore.”

i was born in the wrong generation

i was supposed to overdose with her
holy shit just fucking kill me

I don't even know anymore, man.

You're just confused because western media has lied to you since birth that every 'good' person subscribes to one ideology.

Particularly in the supposedly uniformly liberal arts/music scene.

It's not true.

And John Cooper Clarke

I don't care. She made two of the best albums of all time.

you say "i don't care" as if she did something wrong

this is easily one of the most perfect females to exist

>Black Nico fan here

I've been aware of this info for a while, but I'm able to separate the art from the man/woman. Yeah, it can be a little bothersome , but I think I'm on the right path. So...anybody here listen to any artist that you morally disagree with, but you still enjoy.their music

/ourgal/

yes but unfortunately their child turned out nowhere near as attractive as Alain

the other thing is that nico is dead and it's not like you are really supporting her in any way

he was kinda attractive when he was young, but now he's gone full JUST

True. It's just weird because I really like her music, but there's a chance she would probably hate me without even knowing me. Eh, what can you do ? We're all raised differently. I guess stuff like this keeps the world interesting.

Honestly Nico wasn't all that attractive and had a forehead kind of like a neanderthal. It's why she always had long bangs.

yeah she was so totally average

You're a n[spoiler]ice guy user![/spoiler]

shes an all around terrible human being. iirc she got her teenage son hooked on heroin. still love desertshore though. i would have felt conflicted if she were still alive but shes dead so...

>violent racists keep the world interesting

Nico was "racist" because she was raped by a black army officer, not because we wuz aryans n shieeeet.
And I say "racist" because she probably become wary of them after that event, but not to the point of hatred, and also considering that she had a fallout with Fields before her dead, so he probably made up that shit.

remember that when she did VU&N she was almost 30 already.
When she was a younger she was very attractive in a unconventional, ayy lmao, fashion model way.
Then hard drugs and a lifestyle of excess started to hit her badly.

kek

Is that what lou reed sings about on berlin?

>They're taking her children away
>Because they said she was not a good mother
>They're taking her children away
>Because of the things that they heard she had done
>The black Air Force sergeant was not the first one
>And all of the drugs she took, every one, every one

nico is one of the most interesting people of the 20th century

I'm trying, y'all... I'm trying

>R.I.P. Patrice O'Neil

It's almost like all the "racist" people are the ones that come into contact with black people and have bad experiences with them.

Stereotyping a large section of society because of one bad encounter is still racist honey

>it can be a little bothersome
wew
t. jew