Is there a single bad track by Aphex Twin?

Is there a single bad track by Aphex Twin?

no because they are all bad

the entirety of I care because you do

This. Ventolin is just obnoxious.

it's a lot easier to name his good tracks instead of bad ones

Green Calx

Half of RDJ album

*bland? Yes all of his work.

fuck u punks

Imagine being this contrarian

That's kinda the point but you don't have to like it. I never revisit that track much myself.

seriously though how can you hate ventolin

most of omgyjya switch7 is annoying

The constant high pitch that's throughout the entirety of the track is the answer. Most of the remixes of it are much better anyways

fuck off, cunt. nobody has to love your afx just because it's speshul ayy dee em that cool kids listen to.

Jesus christ listen to yourself

Ventolin is good

Honestly I love that track. Pretty much all the electronic tracks on Drukqs are gold imo

Ventolin, I know it's supposed to be unlistenable, but even if you make something bad on purpose, it doesn't change the fact that it's bad.

just about every track released before richard d. james album

>I just found the Quoth EP at a store and bought it
>the whole thing plays just perfick
>the version contains the fifth "hidden" track which is not even available at the website right now

Today was a good day. I now have a complete collection of everything ever released under the Polygon Window alias.

>what are the SAW albums
>what is GAK 4
>what is the cute little Pac Man remix
>what is Alberto Balsalm
>what is Polynomial-C
>what is Quino-Phec

Alberto Balsam is the only good song in it

i'll tell you what they are: worse than everything else that came after

>comparing each item with each track on Cheetah, including the pisstakes
>comparing them with the Korg demo pisstakes

I really like his dreamy ambient music, but the rest is kinda unsettling to me. Dunno, it's just nothing I enjoy hearing and it just hurts my ears.

to be honest i stopped caring after syro

I'd say he has more bad tracks than good ones.

And so you are caught in your lies and, assuming you're the same poster, you concede your own argument. You do not know what you are talking about.

equeation

shit for 10 year olds

alberto balsalm is literally the greatest song by a musical artist

His style is so watertight that he'd have to try to be someone else to be "bad" honestly. His methods and techniques allow him to do whatever he wants - keith haring couldn't make a bad piece becuase they were all so made in such a well established style. None of his tracks are bad, some are just more boring or different to your tastes than others. I showed afx to my friends 4 years ago and they all like different tracks and styles by him, some of which I don't like that much.

Because of his strict musical code, no, none of his tracks are "bad"

you like Vsnares?

how does it feel to be "the cult fanbase"?

this

pretty comfy tbqh. When the store came up it was like "meh, I have almost all of that already" but it has had me going in bins again a bit.

>tfw I got one of the 3" HelpAphexTwin CDs like 15 years ago

>tfw I never got the companion CD

mookid and alberto balsalm are nice

how does it feel to be an aphex twin fan for more than fifteen years? i found him fascinating at first but a few years later stopped listening to his shit upon realising that it wasn't as incredible as i thought at first.

Gwarek2

I never tire of SAW II. Ever. Oh I'll put it down for months at a time, sure, but I always come back to it. And of course I've branched out into other stuff but it's nice to come back to an old familiar artist regularly. The first track that really hit me, like "oh, dang, this is good music" was Bucephalus Bouncing Ball.

For years I was unaware of HAB but I happened to see it in a shop not long ago so I got it and I was like oh this is what the fuss was all about. When you hear that you can hear the stuff that went into RDJ album and Daddy. Also there's a great new bonus track associated with it, close to the stuff I've mentioned above (same/similar snippets in a different arrangement).

A year or two ago when all the new stuff started dropping right and left I decided that I was going to keep up with it. CCAI2 is really good on its own merits, and was sort of maligned by critics in the same way that Drukqs was (same-ish material). Yes, Cheetah's not great but that second track is nice.

what a fucking pleb

I agree but it also contains his best song, Alberto Balsalm

Apparently that annoying, high-pitched sound is, of course, purposefully designed. People with tinnitus (ringing in the ears) apparently hear a sound of a similar frequency. I get ringing sometimes for a few seconds, I assume most people do transiently, and it's definitely close.

It's a side effect of using too much Ventolin.

Green Calx is the only track that comes to mind. And maybe some of the rave shit off classics can be pretty grating.

>ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE GIRLS WHO JUST CAN'T STAND STILL

Also, if you know Aphex's discography, then you know about the pig oinking on the ventolin remixes record, the vegetables with cheese, and other unsettling moments

Yes, I listen to Aphex Twin and Intelligent Dance Music (Or "IDM" as the unintelligent masses call it).

Unlike EDM, which uses catchy pop hooks (something needed by the masses to enjoy music),

Intelligent Dance Music is complex, and seeks to catch the listener by surprise using complicated sound design that takes focus to notice.

Unfortunately, EDM is popular among sheep who believe music is to be enjoyed, and not studied.

My conclusive answer is there are no bad Aphex Twin songs, since they are all unique and complex, unlike EDM.

I aspire to be like you one day

this, only bad track on album

>preferring circus jungle over experimental techno
how does it feel being a neckbeard virgin user

Hipster faggots such as yourself truly do piss me off, fucking KYS

It's not 'hipster', EDM is mindless trash. Remember who you serve.

decent copypasta here

his discography is so large that theres bound to be flops
ive come across tracks of his that i find more "boring" than really bad
i love richard and much of his discography, i like all his aphex studio works alot, no real problems with them in my book

but when u get into his AFX moniker you get tracks that are either absolutely brilliant or tracks that are utterly boring. the brilliant gems outweigh lots of the boringness though

ktpa1 and ktpa2 obviously.

For some reason Ventolin is soothing for me

Actually, Ventolin is one of my favorites. ICBYD is one of my favorite albums period.
Icct Hedral is just amazing IMO.

I do understand completely not liking it. I listened to in in my headphones in the car on a roadtrip one time and my aunt was like "tf is that??"

Did not like Druqs in particular though. Mt Saint Michel is an exception.

I would have liked drukqs more if it was more consistent. It does contain some of his best work, though.

Yes, I listen to My Bloody Valentine and Shoegazing (Or "Shoegaze" as the unintelligent masses call it).

Unlike Rock and Roll, which uses catchy pop hooks (something needed by the masses to enjoy music),

Shoegazing is complex, and seeks to catch the listener by suprise using complicated sou d design that takes focus to notice.

Unfortunately, Rock and Roll is popular among sheep who believe music is to be enjoyed, and not studied.

My conclusive answer is there are no bad MBV songs, since they are all unique and complex, unlike rock and roll.

change shoegaze to post-rock and you're spot-on