ITT: Albums that sound like their cover

ITT: Albums that sound like their cover.

tru

What else really?

i think most radiohead album covers represent the sound well

Innerspeaker and Lonerism more so imo

I agree with Lonerism. Honestly all the Tame Impala cover arts (maybe not the Tame Impala EP one) are beautiful.

everytime i look at the album cover i always think the grey hoodie person is hax$

I think this is most true for In Rainbows desu senpai

beat me to this

True actually

these

This 100%

I was listening this today and it sounds like music made by aliens. I like his melodies by aliens ep.

I can see Hax doing free jazz, honestly. That said, didn't he use Fuck KD as a hype track that ended up winning a tournament?

True
Amnesiac seems to be the sole exception tho
For such an interesting, diverse album the cover is just so bland

hint: pure shit

i think this is honestly my favorite album cover of all time
it's ominous but intriguing, just like the music
obviously 90s reminiscent but that's part of the charm

this is true

the first few tracks on trompe le monde sound like teh cover but then it sort of loses that feel as it gets halfway through

This one, personally.

velouria fucks my shit up. why does no one use theremins anymore?

the cover is perfect imo. abstract, ambiguous and eerie just like the music

Nobody did it like Jon Spencer

The last three tracks also sound like the cover and makes me think about giving it another listen.

I just have so many mixed feelings about TLM. It's like opening that lightning in a bottle the band once had and seeing it fuck shit up until it fizzles out. Not a terrible album, but man that studio version of Subbacultcha is a crime.

this

it seriously starts so strong with with Trompe/Planet of Sound/Alec Eiffel, all great songs keeping in with that consistent theming/feeling
I think Trompe Le Monde could have been like a 9/10 if they made it a short album/EP/whatever instead...just cut out like half the tracks.

trompe/planet/alec, bird dream of the olympus mons, distance equals rate times time, motorway to roswell, and throw in the head on cover somewhere in there, would have been fantastic

for me it's amnesiac. intelligent, nihilistic, and with wicked sense of humor.

I agree

This along with rubber soul lift yr skinny fists tmr 36 chambers money store and ok Computer

Really? Nobody posted this yet?

It also boggles my mind why Manta Ray/Dancing The Manta Ray weren't added when it perfectly fits the album's concept.

So the album sounds like a talentless hack of a brit-fag?

you're right this is a strong one

My nigga!

literally every album

It's just the perfect way There's sprawling chaos, the sharp shifts that change the song halfway through, the softer moments and the moments where it just gets messy. I genuinely love Doppelganger, it was the first album I fell in love with that wasn't made in the 60's or 70's.

It wasn't what the band wanted, but Electric Ladyland's cover completely captures the vibe, especially for Voodoo CHILE and the dreamy side 2