My Music Taste

Currently my three favorite bands are The Pixies, Weezer, and Cage the Elephant. Is my music taste shit? What other bands should I try out, especially currently going ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BE6SvhrZxus
youtube.com/watch?v=aXyRIZEG5w8
youtube.com/watch?v=eeZ4M6MT-CE
youtu.be/gAHvHeYGjNc
youtube.com/watch?v=PL_212Ts8ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=M68GkrZQbZw
youtube.com/watch?v=cjPyvoLXPs4
youtube.com/watch?v=jOR9lHE3x2U
youtube.com/watch?v=bPqLdF0R3vk
youtube.com/watch?v=vzRFlXbq-cY
youtube.com/watch?v=OjecIllOEio
rbt.asia/mu/
youtube.com/watch?v=xvDuATZCY8I
youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All good bands. Except Weezer

Before I recommend you any bands do you like cage the elephants new album more than their old ones?

Try The Breeders.

Which Weezer album is your favorite?

I like the two new ones better. Although I really enjoyed Cover Me Again from the older two.

Pavement

Pinkerton. And thanks for the help you guys. I have a friend who got me into listening to music, prior I hardly listened to any. I'm trying to return the favor and introduce him to new stuff he'll enjoy and we can go see like how he first got me into music. He showed me Cage the Elephant and Weezer. I found the Pixies on my own and introduced them to him and he loves them and we're going to see them =^) Hope to recreate that success for the both of us.

If you like crunchy alt rock, check out The Smashing Pumpkins (Siamese Dreams). They were influenced by metal, psych, noise rock, shoegaze, and goth music, so they're actually a pretty good gateway band.

They're how I got into MBV and Sonic Youth, and from there pretty much everything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=BE6SvhrZxus
youtube.com/watch?v=aXyRIZEG5w8
youtube.com/watch?v=eeZ4M6MT-CE

>Pinkerton
I see. Try Brand New and Sunny Day Real Estate then maybe.

Please Anons!!!
youtu.be/gAHvHeYGjNc

Absolutely try Siamese Dream, OP.

To give a newer recommendation, try Pity Sex, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=PL_212Ts8ZA

No fuck you those are the worst. They sold out. I'm not recommending you bands from my secret stache for you to ruin >:(

Thanks for the suggestions, if it helps at all I would say some of my favorite songs are ones like Say it Ain't So, Dig for Dire, Mr. Grieves, All Over the World, Telescope, Cover Me Again, The Good Life, Where is My Mind?, Trouble, How are You True, Wave of Mutilation, Debasser.

Pile
youtube.com/watch?v=M68GkrZQbZw

Listen to pile

=^( but muh Telescope, muh Trouble.

I love old Pile but the two latest albums suck :/

Yeah still go with The Breeders for your Pixies taste.

Ozma
Hum
Cheap Trick
Nerf Herder
Say Anything - ...Is A Real Boy

Mayonaise was pretty good O.O Thanks for these suggestions, I've liked this song the most thus far of the ones I've tried. Time to try your other two.

But muh lotus and muh sabertooth tiger and my Indy kids and my Aberdeen and my freelove and my back against the wall and much in one ear and muh soil to the sun and muh....

Pretty standard stuff. Boring IMO. Try "The Front Bottoms"...pic is of self-titled album.

Try this (see pic)

Ew, bad rec.

But muh Telescope, muh Trouble, muh How are You True, Too Late to Say Goodbye, That's Right, Come a Little Closer, Cigarette Daydreams, Take it or Leave it,....

Here's some links to entry level stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=cjPyvoLXPs4
youtube.com/watch?v=jOR9lHE3x2U
youtube.com/watch?v=bPqLdF0R3vk
youtube.com/watch?v=vzRFlXbq-cY
youtube.com/watch?v=OjecIllOEio

>alt rock

You have early 20's tryhard taste

Thanks for all the videos, I'll start listening to them all now.

Also these three songs were really good, desu. Thank you for introducing me to the band. I'll have to give the whole album a listen some time.

>front bottoms

You just lost all credibility and have no business critiquing or recommending anything. May god have mercy on your soul

Don't ignore these, OP

What's wrong with alt rock?

Elaborate please.

You have late 20s delusional tryhard personality

I need to somehow permanently archive this whole thread to listen to these all before it gets deleted/ so I can go back to it. O.O

Pay no mind. Like whatever you like, but try not to listen to too much of the same things always try branching out.
I myself listened to too much of the same in my late teens and it's hard for me to enjoy some of that music because I've heard it too much.
Always mix it up and listen to your favorites only ever so often, they're much sweeter that way.

Shit

Lol what do you listen to then?

Hairshirt is fucking amazing in my opinion.
The songs are long and slow, and use the sounds sparingly, but that's why I love it.

Not him but I think he's implying that it's the typical entry-level taste someone forms after they grew out of dadrock in high school and think that this new music is way better than anything else.
>projecting

I'll have to listen to it again then. My first impression of it was that it took too many cues from the very average You're Better Than This album.

Apokalypsis by Chelsea Wolfe

Going to let you onto a little secret user
[spoiler]There's an archive already[/spoiler]
rbt.asia/mu/

Thank you, these were all good =^) I especially enjoyed Pillars and Trailer Trash.

O.O Thanks

Check out Flying Microtonal Banana by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.

it's just Pixies, no the, you idiot. Doolittle is one of the greatest albums of all time. Listen to it again and worship it. Weezer after Pinkerton is masochism. Cage the Elephant is shit, just why, I dont get it.

try the smashing pumpkins, my bloody valentine, radiohead, the strokes, the yeah yeah yeahs, the flaming lips, rem, interpol, quotsa, maybe in that order

please try The Pillows

he hasnt heard smashing pumpkins, mbv, or sonic youth? he doesnt know what lastfm or rym is to figure out recs on his own?

more like a 14yo who is smart enough to have decent taste, but stupid enough to make threads like this

The Dirt of Luck by Helium

;) On a side note, Last Fm is looking pretty cool, never have heard of it lol.

Fantastic Planet by Failure

definitely check out sonic youth. you can start with the new stuff but the early 80s shit is where it gets amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=xvDuATZCY8I

the strokes and weezer are shit

>What's wrong with alt rock?
nothing lad just fooling around, listen to what you enjoy

Why does Sup Forums get more responses when a thread like this is posted there?

Sup Forums worships Fight Club

good album, also this.

alt rock has had no evolution since the early 90s and is inherently the laziest genre next to indie rock

Thanks man, forgot this existed

well yeah but i don't want OP to feel bad about himself

Yes

What genres do you guys listen to? Be interesting to spread out my tastes.

you're welcome, I only just remembered it existed.

Oh I forgot to mention I also enjoyed Captain Beefheart a fair amount but not as much as I use to.

youre probably going to like most rock music of the 90s and related stuff

If you like pixies, no reason not to check out the breeders

dinosaur jr is pretty fucking rad and in that vein

sonic youth of that period

maybe some of the better modern rock bands like black keys, eagles of death metal, arctic monkeys....

been enjoying this and other post punk works

You might like The Pop Group and Cap'n Jazz.

>Cage the elephant is shit

Found the fantano fag

What the fuk Melophobia is their best album. go suck a dick

My nigga

You spelt their self titled wrong

Alot of those songs were forgettable. CTE's a great band, but they wear their infuences o their sleeves too much. Except for in Melophobia where they try hard to push away from those infuences. Sure their still there, but the songs are more genuine, and it truely shows. Half the songs on S/T blur because they start to sound the same. Each song on Melophobia is unique.

I swear to god, that burst of feedback in the chorus of Mayonaise is shoegaze's ultimate gateway drug.

If you're ready for that, you're ready for this.
youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4

Really because every single somg is pretty memorable on that album?
Melophobia was great j really loved the guitar tone and I thought if they fused that sound with the sound from thank you happy birthday. They would be at peak performance.
But nope we got the piece of shit tell me I'm pretty instead

I highly recommend Polvo.