Why is this channel such shit?

It seems like every time i turn on ESPN they are lecturing their audience on some leftist social issue.

Just now some no-name broad was lecturing us on the US National team being forced to stand for the anthems.

Can't these assholes leave politics out of sports?

What went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18748388/with-nation-deeply-divided-mlb-silence-speaks-volumes
theringer.com/how-sportswriting-became-a-liberal-profession-dc7123a5caba
espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18791367/tim-tebow-relentless-pursuit-failure
espn.com/blog/ombudsman/post/_/id/767/inside-and-out-espn-dealing-with-changing-political-dynamics
outkickthecoverage.com/espn-cutting-nearly-100-million-in-on-air-talent-030617
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What went wrong

Actually the people forcing the team to stand for the anthem are forcing politics into sport

Earlier this week they literally complained about the MLB not being """woke""" enough compared to the NFL and NBA. People wonder why they're losing subscribers and why people are turning away from the left day by day.

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18748388/with-nation-deeply-divided-mlb-silence-speaks-volumes

CHI

>oh no the US national team has to stand for the US anthem

representing the country in international sport is a privilege not a right

they can choose not to stand, the US can choose to drop them from the national team

They're dying a slow, painful death and there's nothing they can do to stop it. What time to be alive.

+80% black is diverse, while 60% white is not ;)

In this day and age, is there any cable channel that is gaining subscribers? I doubt that.

>When he is asked, however, if his teammates ever bring up that wall, Osuna actually smiles. Why? Because "they just make jokes about it," he says, "but nothing serious." And he says he finds those jokes funny.

MLB locker rooms sound pretty based. Fuck politics, just banter.

>Listen to ESPN podcasts worth listening to
>Get Michael Smith and Jemele Hill shilled in my face

Every fucking time. I miss Grantland.

>Fuck politics, just banter.
pretty much sums up dugout behavior

Really they are playing for the USA shouldn't they at least be standing up for their country

If you looked at cable subscriber numbers for any network they would be going down at the same rate as ESPN is because all these channels are packaged together

Yet for some reason, people always single out ESPN to make fun of for losing subscribers like they're the only one suffering from it

Are they expecting the rest of the world to give a shit about your uppity niggers and their blm scam?

>HEY GUYS, PEOPLE REALLY CARE ABOUT WOMENS BASKETBALL. PAY ATTENTION TO IT PLEASE

who fuckin cares? who the fuck watches anything sports related that isn't a live event? get a fuckin life, op. that will solve this

See this

theringer.com/how-sportswriting-became-a-liberal-profession-dc7123a5caba

Basically, sports writers think they are illuminated and that their role is to illuminate the ignorant masses.

It's Sunday and I'm laying on my couch with a hangover and was waiting for college basketball to start.

Go fuck yourself, faggot.

It's actually a pretty simple explanation unless you're too much of a retard to understand it

>ESPN's model works for a few decades
>internet comes around
>people stop needing to wait around for sportscenter to see highlights so viewership drops
>people stop needing to purchase large cable packages and can just stream, so ESPN's revenue to purchase these sports air rights drops

>these political/social issues get talked about a lot in society, so ESPN focuses a lot of attention on them to get viewers
>social media retards like these viral videos, so they get talking heads to give hot takes to go viral

>hangover

whoa what a badass we got a drinker over here everyone watch out!

>literally watching college basketball when it isn't march madness

holy lel

Easy there fedora, you claimed i don't have a life and i was out with friends last night.

It's also March and conference tournament season.

>pic related; literally you

E!spn only has shows where the talking points are based on sports that it carries...limiting its scope.

Hockey is the goat sport, yet you never hear about it on E!spn, I wonder why.....

>inb4 "the sporting nation doesn't care about hockey" muh tell us E!spn what to banter about.

Nobody south of the Ohio river gives a shit about Hockey

the dub dubs speak the truth.

Nobody south of the ohio river cares about hockey because E!spn doesn't focus its propaganda on it

daily reminder that college football and baseball are regional sports, at best

Fuck off to Canada if you care that much about furpuck

Dude. Go to Canada and watch their espn. It's literally 95% hockey coverage.

no thanks, I enjoy watching sports with 5 seconds of action, mixed in with 5 minutes of commercial breaks.

>he only watches sports that networks approve of because of commercial sports approve of.

Way to think outside of the box

and leave you here to watch commercial filled, boring sports? I'm just trying to help you out m8

ESPN is dying because of the internet, nobody needs to watch shit all day to see highlights or hear the latest breaking news in sports, they go on their phone and go right to the video.

So they can't rely on showing highlights all day and they've had to try to reinvent, look at what they have to do 24 hours of content.

It's easy making debate shows/morning after shows interesting after a huge game but who really wants to see anyone debate the Reds vs Pirates game that happened the night before in April?

I doubt the entire "Let's cram shitty politics into sports" is the right path but the truth is how many of you would actually watch it without it? You wouldn't because you'd be going straight to websites and shit to see all of that.

>March 2017
> Doesn't realize conference championships are part of the madness

ESPN is doing worse than most

it is too expensive to get included in "skinny" bundles

maybe they should lower the price (often the highest of all channels)... maybe they spent too much on talent and content (mostly basketball)

also "sportscenter" ratings have been in the toilet so they are trying to revamp it with "his and hers" aka SC6.... but its pretty bad

REEEEEEE WHY DON'T THEY ALL HATE DRUMPF

I go out of my way to avoid it due to their retarded political banter, I know lots of people that are huge sports fan that have completely stopped watching, anecdotal but still

Nobody cares about hockey you little poof

>have the lowest rated show on the network (His & Hers)
>want to cancel it but can't because of muh racism
>give them an hour long show instead

People need something to get outraged at

There's a reason Pundit shows start at 5:00, s'wen people start drinkin

Athletes don't have a reason for political grandstanding. Just because they're famous doesn't mean that they know what they're talking about. The same goes for actors and musicians. Their political beliefs hold no more weight than those of a plumber.

(((Disney))) bought them and used them as a tool of social engineering as they do everything else

Their entire staff is minories who can't think and women who don't know sports now

Go to Sup Forums and lurk for a few months

You'll change your entire world view and you'll have the answer to your ESPN question

Baseball is actually the most accurate reflection of the USA population in terms of sports and (((they))) hate them for it

Max Kellerman's face triggers me so much. He's so desperate to subtly include race-baiting into every fucking issue you can see even Stephen Ape sighing.

Find me a saltier article. You don't even have to read the whole thing, just the first couple paragraphs

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18791367/tim-tebow-relentless-pursuit-failure

I visit pol from time to time. Let me guess, da joos?

Stopped watching years ago because of the leftist bullshit. Don't they have Michael smith and jemelle hill doing sports center? Kek

because they have no use for the modern world anymore.

Tell me, what is the point of shit like sportscenter anymore? Just go on the internet to see highlights.

On top of their political bullshit, I just get tired of the "analysis" and stupid fucking skits.

I want scores, stats, and highlights, not people shouting their opinions and people goofing off.

Dude Hawaii lol

support for people who are marginalized in society is not 'leftist.' it is christian, and it is a universally moral choice of action.

They're like the bizarro IRL version of Sup Forums

ESPN isn't remotely left wing buddy

Christ you people are warped

Sports and politics have always been entwined.

>Welcome to Sportscenter
>its the final week of regular MLB play
>who made it into October
>week 3 of NFL is here
>we have several record breaking performances
>and we gear up for the NBA season
>but we begin with live coverage of Colin Kaepernick, and his decision to kneel before the game.

>Giving ESJW visits

Pastebin it faggot

>We can kill ESPN by not allowing them our 10 clicks

Faggot.

>Let's continue to give ESJW hits & help them in any way we can

Kys leftcuck

Yeah, and you don't know jack shit either and yet you manage to spew your drivel on the internet. People like having their opinions heard. I don't think there's anything wrong with doing it just because you have a more visible platform.

>spew your drivel

>

underrated schnozola

here is a logical, well-thought-out response which didn't receive a single reply.

PALOMINO COVEIRO DA ESPN

dugout culture is what i miss the most from playing baseball

its just enforcement of liberal double think.
>I just know all these white frat boys are raping poor lil black chillunz left and right
>Im gonna make a name for myself by exposing this bias towards men when it comes to powerlifting
>NCAA multibillion dollar basketball, baseball and football programs that generate enough revenue to support entire apparatus of people with jobs and funds should be funding womens basketball and it should be enjoying the same popularity. men right?

it reminds me of going to coffee shops and listening to liberal faggots all argue the same point. "you see I agree with the consensus, but what makes MY OPIONON more valid is my own personal experiences of adversity that I've nurtured"

baseball 60% white
>baseball is raycis and only klan members watch it
basketball and NFL 85% black
>now thats what I call diversity! yeah sure all these niggers would be in prison if they werent glamorized by espn, but fuck the outright misogyny and violent criminality of rape ape culture. at lest they didnt vote for hitler.
dear god if you get the chance watch an episode of OTL.
but I get it. I've had a boss that listened to country music and bitching about the shop we worked at. so you put the radio on country music and talk shit on the other people at the shop. because thats what your boss wants. thats the way he sees the world. the more you do to reinforce his outlook the more work and advancement comes your way.
and the worst part of it is the insincerity. this isn't some real deeply held beliefs that they filter the entire network through.
they just want to pander to dumb people and darkies. they think thats the bread winner. so now we have 3 retired athletes talking over eachother while some white woman is trying to corral those chimps into the next segue while nervously laughing at these idiots muh bixnooding at eachother off topic for 5 minutes with their strained understanding of english
>pic related thinks he is 100% Italian

>espn.com/blog/ombudsman/post/_/id/767/inside-and-out-espn-dealing-with-changing-political-dynamics

so they just want the day time tv audience and they think spouting about evil white men keeping black people down and shipping mexicans to concentration camps is gonna produce better ratings. they are 3 steps behind the curve since they dont understand that every single liberal friend I've had hates sports. they fucking lose their shit when I wanna put on sports. hipster bartenders fucking giving me that OH REALLY? look when I ask them to put the game on. hope they go out of business.
its just corporate disney pandering to what they think is the real world
hell look at the disney channel. they realized their entire fan base was pedophiles and now they soley cater to pedophile fanfic on the disney channel now.

who here FS1 and Skeeup posting?

ESPN is straight up garbage these days. They're trying to get more women and minorities watching I guess. Turned on the radio they got the other day. A bunch of women talking about the patriarch.

after all I said I still love Mike and Mike.
>they still wont do a fucking boxing show even though they could have max kellerman guest
come on guys I've tweeted you like 3 times about it.

>spew your drivel

outkickthecoverage.com/espn-cutting-nearly-100-million-in-on-air-talent-030617

Their shitty left-wing politics has contributed to their troubles, but their main problem is that they are paying way more for live sports than they are are worth.

Just a simple math equation at the end of the day.

stephen a smith is the single greatest detriment to espn. if he comes on I just turn the tv off.
and now he is being emulated by en entire generation of talking heads as a path of success

>they exported skip bayless to another network and are going to ruin even more programming

How does that clown even have a job?

meta