There has to be more to the DAMN. album

So the album has been out for awhile now. There were rumors of a second album. There are now rumors that the second album is itself reversed?

I'm not positive that this is all that it is. There was a ton of artwork playing off of the blue/red pill. Top Dawg tweeted a pic of Morpheus from the Matrix with the date of DAMN.'s release.

Red and blue can also refer to the political parties. On HUMBLE. he references grey poupon Evian and Ted Talk. All have red or blue color schemes.

Does anyone have any tangible theories either about red pill/blue pill or political theories on any of this?

Kendrick fans were left wanting more from damn so they made up these cringy theories

On hood politics he says "ain't nothin new but affluent new democrips and rebloodicans" and May reference that when in a stern tone he says "are you crippin or blood, let me ask again whoops" on XXX. Ft U2

The album sucked. Just accept it.

The album didn't suck I enjoy it a ton. All the songs are amazing in my opinion. It just lacks the cohesive storytelling that all his albums before had.

excellent points, i've now realized that the album didn't suck and the songs are amazing.

the worst part of this kind of viral marketing is this faggot isnt even getting paid for this shit

>There has to be more to the DAMN. album

nope, it's a shit album by a shit, race-baiting, white hating artist

Kendrick implied before this album that it would flip the entire industry on its head. He has a history of being able to trigger the industry a la TPAB. So for him to imply that when no lyrics are directly referencing anything means that there are lyrics that can be interpreted differently depending on your relationship (basic fan or industry veteran).

Unfortunately, there is nothing more to DAMN. than the album itself. Lamar has actually taken a step backwards from his last album, giving up any and all artistic integrity and instead settling for generic, dime-a-dozen """""bangers"""""" that sound like any Drake or Lil Yachty track you'd hear on the radio nowadays. I've never been a huge Kendrick fan, but DAMN. marks a new low in Kendrick's discography- the day he sold out. Terrible, terrible album.

>The album didn't suck because ...
>begins explaining why it sucked

HAHAHAHAHA

That sounds good as fuck

obviously similar to the death of pablo

It's like MGS retards all over again.

Let me ask this question:

Do you think it is possible for an artist to write lyrics that can mean different things to the casual listener than it means to say a music executive or even the powers that be?

Similarly to the way Tupac did. Changes his name to Makaveli and creates Killuminati: 7 Day Theory. Machavelli is famous in history for wanting to change the government then faking his death. His album didn't seem that controversial but some now think he was calling out TPTB.

Tupac died 4 weeks after this album fwiw

Kendrick lyrics on ELEMENT.

"Mr. 1-5 that's the only logic,
Fake my death, go to Cuba
That's the only option"

All the lyrics seem very cryptic. If you choose to accept that this album is shit and it is what it is but even in his interview with Zane Lowe he mentions how there is a lot he "can't get into" about the album

no. its a painfully mediocre album by a decent artist.

Right after the backwards chorus on FEAR. he says "I beat yo ass keep talkin back"

Rekt

Lyrically if you look at rhyme patterns, lines and stuff like that it's still miles beyond shit like Drake and Lil Yachty. The only thing that's different is it's not a consist story going from start to finish. It's still a fantastic album but it's not on the level of GKMC, TPAB or even Section 80.