Album of the year?

Album of the year?

yes

Not even close.

Probably not.

No

it's adequate

Fuck no.

this album is great if you're stuck in 2005 and only listen to NMEcore garage shit

Fuck no

it's shit, face it

I'm on my first listen, and it is pretty rough so far.

It's disappointing. Especially after an album like Like Clockwork

Not when this exists

...Like Clockwork was lightning in a bottle. Everything will be a disappointment in comparison.

The members of the band are all individually excellent musicians, but this album just congealed into one big turd. What a mess.

The songs themselves are great. The problem lies with Mark Ronson's production. The Evil Has Landed for example sounds much better live than the studio version.

fax

qotsa sucks shit dude, as bad as foo fighters, why is it always discussed here

Too many to choose from.
I'm a MASSIVE drum and bass/jungle fan and every single album that's blown my tits off this year has been post-rock or metal (hardcore, progressive metal, tech metal).
I've got a list of about 20 albums that are all fighting for favourite for me.
I think at this point metal is winning.

Posts like this make me wish the 18+ rule was actually enforced here...

It's okay.

i'm an adult, stupid.

sincerely, please convince me qotsa is good. one of my good friends worhips them and i really don't get it.

the songs sound ridiculously one dimensional, the writing is so lazy. every riff is lame and every melody just follows the riff being played. it's so middle of the road, i'm convinced the only way to enjoy them is if you're a dude bro beginning level guitarist marveling at "muh heavy riffage!!1!"

>I have to listen to this buttrock shit to get my Jon Theodore fix now
Thanks Omar

You have shit taste. That's all there is to it.

I actually wished real hard for that. I also wish they could make a part 2 of the self-titled with all the buzzing influence of that Kyuss desert rock shit that you could drone out to with a needle in your arm.
Neither of those are ever gonna be true again, though. With Josh departing from sex and drugs and being a family man, this is what we gotta expect.

Yeah, let's get Mark Ronson on this, wouldn't that be funny? His actual words.

I respect Josh but I think he's hollowing out. Or starting to, at least. Literally the whole album is about him thinking back and lamenting to be a young dude again and whatever. The only thing I could anticipate is that the next album will be them trying to bring it back to the roots of the self-titled/Songs for the Deaf days and it'll have that weird vibe where they'll try too hard and it'll tank, kinda like St Anger or Vista Chino.

And how could you put out lyrics like that on Fortress with all that reputation you have, Josh. Were you pandering to teenagers with that one, or was that song for your kids?

qotsa is some normie shit

spotted the numale

Then you obviously don't get the idea of fuzz rock/drone rock/garage rock/desert rock and some facets of stoner/doom/psych/noise rock. Or that the idea that plugging an electric guitar into a bass amp produces one of the best sounds ever heard.

When you listen to Walkin on the Sidewalks, you don't need anything except for that one fucking riff to play on forever. Listen to the riffs on that and Mexicola. You gotta get it after that.

alright mexicola is doing it for me lmao. my guess is josh homme's bands are like Sleep - i didnt like sleep until seeing it go down live

Spotted the fag with no taste

fuck man, wish I could watch Sleep live with a spliff in hand. sounds lame i know, lol.

>comparing queens of the stone age to foo fighters

Yeah, qotsa's early shit was playing tough riffs loud and long until you buzz out. I don't really like Sleep either. My buddy is always trying to make me listen to them but I don't just can't. I'm probably a big fucking pussy.

youre probs just like me. if you can ever see them live give it a shot. i thought sleep was so stupid before seeing them, but if you dig rough riffs and volume and tripping out they rock

Villains of Circumstance is fucking beautiful, best lyrics by Josh ever and an amazing melody

The earliest version had the best lyrics but this new one makes more narrative sense. I'm torn.

I'll keep that in mind man but fucking nobody comes out to my state. I swear I might just move to Philly or Seattle with this dude and get it over with.

Name some of those albums fighting for your favourite. I wanna have a listen since I haven't kept up well with music this year.

go to philly unless you know you're going to land a cushy tech job

Go listen to their song Millionaire with some good headphone at a loud volume and see if you can honestly tell me that you don't get it at all.

shit advice
listen to hispanic impressions instead

You mean A Song for the Dead

(You)

Yep, Mark Ronson sucked all of the life out of the songs. Too clean, too well produced.

Badly produced, it's as if the drummer is buried in the background...

All the guitars are mixed and EQed for commercial results

He tried to make a product out of that, what is sad is that the band went along

I'm guessing 3 maybe 4 tracks could be saved if completely redone, re-recorded, remixed. This is a big disappointment, I understand the fans of that band trying to like it as much as they are, but it's delusional

Compare it to any previous release, and you can see how weak the album is. They should have stuck with the direction they were taking with LC...

>Jon Theodore
Criminally wasted on this new album....

LC is so fucking overrated

Complaining this is buttrock after a song like "Fairweather Friends"? Ha!

Fairweather Friends is definitely the worst song on LC and by a pretty significant margin. But it's far from a bad song.

what's this?

because mu incredibly shitty taste?
>comparing shit to puke
I don't see what's wrong

>not If I Had a Tail

Torrent link?

Omar was good at giving people the boot

Guess he's paying for it now

Can you sauce a link for the torrent? Like Clockwork was amazing for me, I am very hopeful for this album.

actual quality leak when?

Yeah this, album is titties but leak quality is crap

First listen was pretty good.

I need to hear a better quality rip though.