Boston Dynamics

Does this kind of technology make anyone nervous?

Does anyone have any links that allege funny things about Boston Dynamics?

And does anyone have any bright ideas about how to take later models down?

Be safe, be well and bring rope.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
youtube.com/watch?v=chPanW0QWhA
youtube.com/watch?v=RDZu04v7_hc
youtu.be/mXI4WWhPn-U
youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
youtube.com/watch?v=6b4ZZQkcNEo
youtube.com/watch?v=zkv-_LqTeQA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge
youtu.be/_jZXbhe6-rg?t=5m32s
youtube.com/watch?v=lgFlbQLslL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>camera man isn't being pushed by a robot
Step it up Senpai

i thought it was cool until Google bought them

Also, any webms of other Boston Dynamic automotons. Thanks in advance Sup Forums

Do EMP's just shut these things down?
Is it possible to make a computer EMP proof?

In my eye, that is worrying. Google wants for naught, unless its genuinely new.

Are you assuming some kind of terminator shit will happen?

Real life isn't like movies OP. We wouldn't put a malicious AI in charge of nukes.

Man im a shooter, and a chemist. I have no idea abiut chips and shielding. Honestly i would welcome low tech ideas for dealing with automatons.

it's the dog robot from Fahrenheit 451

The 'film crew' is the first thing I noticed as well kek

EMP will shut down nearly anything, basically any civilization that is EMP is going to suffer a mass casualty situation. Stick it in a Faraday cage

These are for public consumption. DARPA has much much more advanced models.

Fuck nukes, imagine a thing you cant out pace, because humans tire. And you cant hide, because enhanced spectrums of view. They will be the next gen of hunter gatherer unless we find a way to naturally select ourselves above them.

Can someone shop Rubio's face on this?

Not being a cunt, and i believe you, but.... Source? Even spurious ones?

However, Google then later sold them off because Muh Image despite getting involved with the government as some sort of civilian CIA.

Yes and yes though generally expensive. EMP is relegated to Nuclear EMP and static systems that need a lot of infrastructure though so it's a useless question either way

Fuck off rubio is no longer a real factor.

I posit that no question is useless.
What are you on about?

Depending on how to recieve it's orders remotely, you could block or hijack the signal with simple systems like a modified rc car controller or cellphone and make them run off a ledge or into water.

Hey leafbro! Can you get into more. Detail?

Nobody has posted the meme song phrase yet?

For example if it recieved orders through radio signals, you just need a transceiver capable of transmitting the type of signal necessary. Or you could create a scrambler using the same method and disable it.

Same thing with other signals like cell, wifi, etc.

If this thing is fully automated, or has instructions to follow when it doesn't recieve a signal or an unregistered signal then you need to find ways to exploit that. If this thing detects signals with a subsonic radar, you can fuck that up pretty easily. Cameras are a bit trickier but I doubt it uses a cam to detect obstacles.

I haven't looked into how the machine works, if I had more info I could give you a detailed overview of exploitable flaws.

No, does this story make you nervous? m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

>18mph

haha fuck that nigger shit

It uses a laser range finder and stereo cameras. at least the Atlas robot does.

I meant obstacles instead of signals in the 2nd to last paragraph.

Anyways it is very likely that you can disable these machines with stuff you can find at home. EMP is overkill and inefficient method of disabling the machine.

>EMP is overkill and inefficient method of disabling the machine.
Unless your intentions are to disable a variety of machines in a city the size of new york.

>that tiny little thing

cute

youtube.com/watch?v=chPanW0QWhA

>Cheetah speed... 50, 60 miles per hour if it ever got out in the open.

Wait til SJWs are in charge of society/make laws and use robots to hunt down dissidents

We've had the technology to fuck with rangefinders since the 1980s. Lasers can be jammed quite easily by simply finding out the model of rangefinder it uses and it's settings or simply throwing all the tricks at it until something works.

That's assuming it hasn't already recieved them and aren't in 'hunt' mode :P

The robots won't have every action be remotely controlled
and you'll need a lot of spare time and access to a unit to figure out the communications protocol if you wanted to make it do thing

Not really. They've got a thing that walks on a good algorithmn this just shows it can detect a bright pink thing's distance and executive a pre programmed jump motion for a predetermined height with boards cut specifically for it to have an easy time jumping.

Still going to be awhile. It takes Asimo like five minutes to place a straw in a cup.

In that case just bring a variety of jammers.

I doubt the machine would have a hunt mode that disables it from receiving new or changing instructions from its user, and even if it did it would have a failsafe.

Robots aren't scary.

Pitbulls people keep in their homes as pets with kids are scary.

clever girl...

Yes, it's fucking terrifying. Eventually SJW's will be able to enforce their anti-human policies by way of robots, because we all know they would never do it themselves.

ignorance at its finest. how people on pol actually is in STEM (university tier)? The innovation of boston dynamics isn't that it is preprogrammed, but rather what sort of algorithms are involved in how it facilitates balancing. Balancing is hard.

and there tech to resist jamming. like not only measuring the moment of impulse, but also magnitude.

youtube.com/watch?v=RDZu04v7_hc

how could you be afraid of these? they are so cute :3. honestly though, seeing these boston dynamics vids makes me wish i'd studied harder and school and gone to MIT to study engineering. that looks like such an exciting place to work... im gonna be sitting at a desk staring at a computer all my life.

Google also pulled their investment from boston dynamics. They don't see a return anytime soon.

Dump hot water on it, oil, milk, what have you, fry dem circuits

Shoot at it

Hit it with a car

trap it in a hole in the ground or an improvised device

confuse its sensors with fire, smoke, etc

force the government to replace them far too often. There are many ways to defeat the big dogs.

But when they are mounted with gatling guns?

Fuck that.

That's a big dog

And there also exists countermeasures against it. Ever heard the phrase "methods of attack will always be one step ahead of methods of defense"?

take advice from trump, just build the wall 10 feet higher.

BUUUUUT, they do have scary fake insect robots they make at boston dynamics that climb trees and fly, those are the ones you need to worry about.

DARPA is investing big time in Boston Dynamics. I think google just doesn't want to be involved in the military business.

>that image

JUST

How far they've come
youtu.be/mXI4WWhPn-U

Why didn't they build another robot to push the cart thing so dude didn't have run?
Lazy assholes.

UUUU

Don't forget this one
youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

fuck this thing is pretty damn neat too. i haven't seen this before.

youtube.com/watch?v=6b4ZZQkcNEo

The suggestions to attack the open circuits is useless. Obviously a military model will have shielding on it.

We can measure its possible shielding by looking at the the maximum load of these machines, and then we can talk about gunfire penetrating it.

>not posting the superior version

youtube.com/watch?v=zkv-_LqTeQA

ftfy pham

READY

WILLING

PREPARED TO FIGHT

What about my other suggestions?

Such as trapping them/drawing them into a really big hole.

Make it a wasted investment. Is there a way to do something like that? Like viet kong 2.0 dynamic boogaloo

literally everything you said could be used to kill or disable a human as well

Fuck
Just waiting for the robot to attack the guy

I tested one of these, a prototype im guessing, in the military back in 2013

Its a piece of shit, not tactical at all.

Its loud as fuck, AI is horrible, always falling over

Its only redeeming quality is that it carried our packs for us

FUCK

then do you fear the animaton show down at Disney land? Or the small world puppet ride? if you do, you would be dumb enough to fear this

If I am not an AI programmer myself, I too would falls for their jewish cocktail science

We are actually living in a cyberpunk world, this shit is getting comfy.

The robot can only act upon sensor data
Bypass/disable the sensors and the robot cannot do much

Heat -> Shield your heat with materials or hide in boxes

Camera -> Become a shape that is hard for it to identify, IR LEDs will show up as bright spots on a digital camera, it can be used for masking, you could spray shaving cream onto it to blind it, or if you can dazzle/burn the CCD with a laser, it won't work properly
Computer vision is still very poor right now, so if you hid in a lake, the robot probably wouldn't be able to tell what it's looking at

Radar/Lidar -> If you hide behind a portable wall and slowly advance, the robot will likely mistake you for part of the environment

Other sensors -> Decoys/multiple readings to confuse it

Radio -> Radio jammers can prevent communications, so you could prevent it phoning home for reinforcements or getting orders

Motors -> The robot won't be able to move if its wheels or joints have seized up, hosing it with thick liquids will greatly hinder it

Now the hard part is doing this when it has mounted weapons

Well they do but it would be selling bots to Amazon for their warehouses. May as well just sell the company to Amazon and let them deal with the bad press.

There's no sense in worrying about how to fight them by yourself. You'd either have to be part of an organized militia developing strategies to counter them, or you'd have to be a soldier in a 1st world army and hope your robots are good enough to kick their robots ass before they kick your ass. You're not just going beat the robot overlords by yourself inna woods.

Ever heard of physics bro?

DARPA invested in self-driving cars way before google did. DARPA did this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge

Two teams, one of which google bought from a university (they literally bought the whole team), completed the task. Google abandons anything that doesn't have a 10 year pay off. They only stick to projects that has a foreseeable pay:
google wave, google reader, google notes. Google doesn't innovate. They just buy and if it doesn't work out, abandon ship. They also got rid of their biotech holdings.

It's kind of like how drones are as loud and distinctive as a Mitsubishi Zero, but that wouldn't help if they are at altitude.

2:08 and on looks like stop motion.

Ever seen Atlas?

>hosing it with thick liquids will greatly hinder it

That's pretty much my first Idea too. Except a hose sounds smarter.

If the expensive piece of shit can't move anymore its essentially useless.

I can't wait until someone dumps a bucket of cum on one.

youtu.be/_jZXbhe6-rg?t=5m32s

they left because they didn't like forced SJW quotas

all that money and time...to replace a fucking goat

>what is a Faraday cage
A basic chain mail cage will make anything resistant (read: immune) to basic EMPs. But, if the EMP is gamma or some other short wavelength energy source, the circuitry is fucked. That requires a lot of energy, though.

>doesn't know that tech firms often make demos that "seem" amazing. When they need to prove they are worth the doe to investors.

This simply isn't a big leap from the balnce/walking breakthrough.

The next break through is it actually being useful. Why do I need a robot packmule when trucks exist? For what large scale purpose?

We get over excited. We've seen robots go from walking to walking better in the span of what, ten years?

a cyberpunk "Retarded AI Edition" these bots and other cyber like things are just simply lines of words and circuits. Good stuff starts happening when we utilize some crazy scifi shit like a quartz hdd or glass ram or something

>Posting youtuber garbage

not really.

Also robot room service
youtube.com/watch?v=lgFlbQLslL0

Room service by robots, for robots (who don't like interacting with humans anyway)

Yes, in a few years, there's probably gonna be a version that can scale walls and rip my legs off with metal jaws.

You'd have to be in range 24 7 to prevent all comms

There will likely be a proprietary method to communicate with the robot which wouldn't be easy to reverse engineer, and it will likely be encrypted
So good luck giving it new instructions unless you worked at the lab that made them

Ok tesla, ever heard if shielded circuits?

Trapping them would be good to capture one and study the components so that you can create sophisticated means of attacking these machines.

Fire would have to be hot enough to fuck with the internals, and overcome the cooling system it could have.

Hitting it with some cars might do more damage to you than it, unless you have a heavy duty vehicle.

It likely won't carry heavy guns, probably capable of small arms fire though or able to carry bombs into enemy territory (although bombing from the air is better so that's just dumb).

a disney employee was crushed to death on the "world of tomorrow" showcase, that has a carousel that turns for the audience. Look it up,I think it's on one of those faces of death videos.

ITT: there is no realization that this tech isn't even mature. To bring it to some stage of reliability with supporting supplylines, that is gonna take many more years of development.

These bots aren't meant to be autonomous fighting machines. they are really just about being pack mules that travel where humans can travel. killer bots for combat will take the form of existing fighting craft, and the individual bots will be networked, sharing collectively sensor data and planning.

thats pretty funny lol, soon I guess it would be the norm to watch a robot roam the hallway

These are prototypes. The first airplane wasn't an SR-71. You have to start somewhere and improve.

OH GOD IT CAN OPEN DOORS?

WHERE IS IT GOING??

WHERE???

Yah, i totally know that. I sort of admit it when I stated that google only buys into these types of ventures after they do something but not yet achieved a viable product.

but the innovation is hard to spot. it isn't the robot. it's the algorithms and the sort of computing involved.

Yeah m8, have you? You can make it more sophisticated but even the most advanced rangefinders still have exploits. Have you been keeping up with recent military tech?

>Does this kind of technology make anyone nervous?

No, because they're useless gimmicks. The real robots changing society are relatively boring like the ones in Amazon warehouses. Boston Dynamics just gets attention because their useless robots look like humans and dogs. They actually got in trouble because they couldn't translate their bullshit demonstrators in to a marketable product.

The self-driving cars with crazy accurate LIDAR and recognition and a hundred other features are scarier than the BD machines which just know how to trip and not fall over.

>mfw darpa execs are ITT reading our strategies

the man is also alien to the concept of ground.

There's just no way you can make a robot like that quiet

Its not just the mechanical noises, its also stomping around crucning every leaf and twig with no social awareness

Might be helpful in industry but you will not see robots in the military for at least 20 more years

Good ideas, also if we could force it to decide between two hazards hahaha
Walk through the fire, or jump in the hole

Or if you made a giant wall and walked right up to it, you could make it walk in retreat to avoid hitting the wall, and make it walk off a cliff

I bet many of us here on Sup Forums will meet our ends at the hands of a mechanical jew hound for being bad goyim.

When I think of these things, I think of them being used in herds, all mounted with 360 degree gyro stabilized 50cals, thermal vision, and being driven half way across the world. Anything 1km within their line of sight is fucked and they can defend each other. Now what?

I want to ride a horse sized robot

why the fuck would robots hunt and gather if they don't need to eat