Sleep paralysys

Sleep paralysys.

any Sup Forumsros deal or dealt with this bullshit?

lets tell some stories.

Other urls found in this thread:

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-pass-hr672s198-combating-european-anti-semitism-act-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i cant fucking spell.

Don't drink or eat cheese before bed.

for me #1 rule is do not fall asleep on you're back.

This doesn't work for me, sadly. I suffer from sleep paralysis and exploding head syndrome. One position is good for one thing but triggers the other and vice versa. What does help is smoking weed once a month or so, completely gets rid of everything for at least 2 weeks.

dude after years of being afraid i just accept it and look forward to it hoping i can uncover new experiences is that insane?

there's no such thing. you're just having a dream about being awake.

you're kidding right?

had a dream that the devil was standing in my room while i lied in the bed. i started shaking uncontrollably. i cant remember if he said anything, but i remember being scared. when he was about to leave he told me he was going to give me his number so we could speak, but when he gave me his number he started speaking in tongues.

No.

You're in a dream right now.

i usually have them in columns

yep, dealt with it since I was at least four years old. Had them 2-3 times a week till I got 14-15 yo, then it got unregularely. When I was young, the demon always stabbed me to death till I woke up, sometimes for felt hours - later it just stood next to my bed, grinning. After my first few LSD experiences I changed my feel for ot & didn't see the demon as evil anymore, more like a dream guide.. then it offered me the possibility to astral travel / lucid dream.
I could elaborate if u want to hear more

btw, now am 27 yo

No, it's what we all try I guess. There are some days though, you can't help but feel worthless. Some other days, sleep paralysis can be rewarding and beautiful. I wish you could decide when it pops.

bs, read more studies about SP

Shrooms definitely changed my way of seeing it.

yea, helps to understand how to act in other realms of consciousness

Pretty common thing used to freak me out before i looked into it and i actually saw a movie lastmight trapped with kevvin bacon where a dude induved it with a drug. Never had the exploding head syndrome i remember going theough a very traumatic time tho when i would try amd sleep and here voicws of everyone i knew talking in my head it was a trip. Also k holes are pretty near that sensation.

>studies

anyone can write something down on paper you dumb fuck

I experienced it frequently when I was a child, unable to move, sometimes unable to open my eyes. See black masses appear in my room, sometimes with no shape at all. Even heard and felt things at times. Then years past without having it once, and I completely forgot about it. Around a year ago, it started again, but it's not as bad now once you know what it is. Haven't had it for a few months now though.

I don't sleep on my back, ever. My only golden rule.

This is a medieval vampire picture right?

dude, look at brainwaves & brain activity. Scientific studies u dumb fuck. Ur brain is def. not in a sleep state during SP

Evert time I have it, nothing too crazy goes on, but it feels like my bed is breathing and shaking.

Like it'll vibrate and shit, and kinda feel like I'm on a raft at sea. it's most likely my breathing i'm feeling by my body's just not actively knowing that. It's also me shaking, but it feels like the bed.

nah, it's a painting of the mare by fuseli. Stories about the entity appearing during SP exist for a damn long time. In German the same entity is called alp

*i meant Alb, but it's also called mahr

I had problems with SP from 5 to 8 and then from 13 to 15, now it's gone and it's a blessing.
Shit was terrifying, I would feel like some sort of dark cloth was on my face, choking me and wrapping me up so I would die, I felt terrible and every time I woke up I would cry. I slept with the lights on for years because of that.

I think sleep paralysis is a pretty useful thing since it allows you to remain conscious while slipping into a dream state. Very reliable method for lucid dreaming.
Also it can take very different forms. It isn't just some scary dude sitting on your breast while you lying on youe back helpless and unable to move any muscle. Sometimes it's only audible, sometimes tactile. In some cases you can see some weird shit you only see on mushrooms lol. It's pretty easy to learn how to suppress you fear and just enjoy your free hallucinations.

>I would feel like some sort of dark cloth was on my face, choking me and wrapping me up so I would die

That was just your uncle Fred sticking his wiener down your mouth.

If you only suffer from that, yes. I agree it's an extremely useful tool. It's like.. free drugs, right?

With my Exploding Head Syndrome shit gets nasty real quick when they combine. Imagine being in such a trance like, meditative state, that used to be extremely scary when you were a kid, but now you learned to control. Then all of a sudden, an electric zap goes from the base to the top of your spine, you see the brightest white flash of light and the loudest sound of a sharp electrical explosion. Boom, trance gone, good vibes gone. I sometimes just wake up crying from that, there's no getting used to it.

>you're back.
i didn't know i was gone. :^(

Then all of a sudden, an electric zap goes from the base to the top of your spine, you see the brightest white flash of light

I felt similar shit on shrooms. But in my case it started from top of head and moved down the spine to my feet. When it reached my feet I suddenly disintegrated, it was like my flesh was blown away from my bones till nothing left.

i enjoy myself every time i have sleep paralysis, although most of the time i freak out and wake up.

What I meant with that is the Exploding Head syndrome. It's always a jumpscare, like those dreams you sometimes of falling down, you wake up all of a sudden? That but enhanced tenfold.

I experienced what you just said on shrooms a few times, it's magical shit, the point of complete loss of ego. Best therapy drug there is.

only thing that cure it and kill demons is

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-pass-hr672s198-combating-european-anti-semitism-act-2017

> Exploding Head syndrome

That's interesting. I've just finished reading wiki article on this shit and I might have this syndrome as well. I hear voices and loud noises like somebody shuffling their feet while falling asleep. I also see bright red light sometimes with closed eyes when I wake up in the middle of the night. I also have short-lasting hallucinations after waking up (not a sleep paralysis for sure cuz I can move my body).

Had it a few times like 5 years ago if i slept on my back.

now that im conscious of it, i cant make it happen. shit sucks.

Could be because i started drinking alcohol and took prozac for a few months last year.

Could be it man! I spent years not knowing what it was, unnecessarily visiting doctors. Then I learned about this from one of them. Sadly there's no cure, but it seems to get worse with stress.

I only remember 2 experiences of SP.

first was on a really hot night, i slept on the downstairs couch to stay cool, listened to the 70's war of the worlds album and then couldnt move or breathe.

second time i felt like something was reaching up through my bed and pulling me down, and i could hear the devil laughing.

I thought it had something to do with my meditation and pranayama exercises lol.

Im curious. how many of you also get ASMR tingles?

Ask anywhere and they'll say it's kundalini awakening, response I've listened countless times. Can be anything, really. There isn't much out there about this issue, but the wiki article seemed to clear it up a bit for me.

bump

Had it during high school and early 20s. Sleeping on back or stomach didn't matter I just kinda out grew it (26 now).

Citation needed

The worst for me was probably when my poster of Homura from Madoka Magica on my wall in front of my bed had looked like a monster due to my eyes only being half-open. I sat there for like five minutes, thinking some otherworldly purple blob of darkness was looking down at me and smiling unblinkingly while I Iaid there helplessly with my face twisted into a silent scream. It was quite terrifying at the time. I still love that poster though, since Homura is best waifu. Pic related

I've had it three times.

The first time I had it, I was going through some horrible stress at work. I wasn't sleeping until late (2-3am) every night, working late hours, and I suffered hallucinations during the day.

The second time I had sleep paralysis was a fluke. I think it was during another stressful time at work, but it wasn't so memorable because I wasn't spooked.

The third time I had it, I was suffering from strep throat. I had a high fever (complete with fever dreams, yay), and I was fucking miserable.

In my experience, exhaustion is the key to achieving sleep paralysis.
Also, I noticed that wriggling your EXTREMITIES (fingers and toes) NOT YOUR FUCKING ENTIRE BODY is the best way to wriggle free of paralysis. The fastest way to identify sleep paralysis is the sudden heaviness of the body, and a rushing/whooshing/tingling feeling in your body. If you get spooked easily, wriggle dem extremities. If you aren't a little bitch, feel free to sit tight and enjoy the dank hallucinations.

Native American here, my family has always believed in this phenomenon. My mom suffers this really bad but despite all sorts of psycho techniques doesn't find much relief. What's worse is when she wakes up during it enough to really take in her surroundings she often sees people like my younger sister (7) and brother (deceased). More than any of that like a person crawls up onto her chest and just sits there, sometimes holding her hand.

I've been having it since 14 his. Would get it 2-3 times a week. Just last Year I learned about lucid dreaming and astral projection. I don't fear it no more, I welcome it.

When you are in SP, concentrate on relaxing and listen to the beat of your heart. Call it down. Either it will wake you up or take you to a dream.

Dont take naps

This started since i was 12, now it happens like 1-3 times a week to me. The first few times its fking terrifying but i got used to it. Dont sleep on your back to decrease your chance of getting nightmares/SP

Also if youre brave enough to sit trough the SP episode you'll enter the world of lucid dreaming which is awesome

+1