*all times local*

>NEWS
rbs6nations.com/en/news/index.php#btI5Ld8705EVJstZ.97
>STANDINGS
englandwinslol

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JMw0TsWatvs
youtube.com/watch?v=i7gX1cqWAT4
theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/wayne-smith/super-rugby-teams-pay-price-for-overzealous-expansion/news-story/4cee3ec6dd14beab2aef269fa88b9260
sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-tv-fan-viewership-plummets-20160704
nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11713051
telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/04/05/twickenham-to-host-first-ever-rugby-championship-test-match/
stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opinion/88117844/Charles-Piutau-is-still-the-king-of-the-ones-that-got-away
theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/27/england-twickenham-cash-australia-new-zealand
stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/85014912/Springboks-legend-Victor-Matfield-bemoans-state-of-South-African-rugby
globaltimes.cn/content/1012370.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=a57MjiKM8r0
nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11813112
the42.ie/germany-guinness-pro12-3271489-Mar2017/
rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/0301/856394-isa-nacewa/
the42.ie/ian-madigan-bristol-rugby-deal-confirmed-3272620-Mar2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for Luatua did nothing wrong.

Final Round
Brazil 24-23 Canada
Uruguay 45-14 Chile
Argentina XV 27-27 US of A (yanks did 4 tries and argies, 3)

2017 ARC Final Standings
US of A 22
Argentina XV 21
Uruguay 15
Brazil 8
Canada 8
Chile 0

For Brazil, Uruguay and Chile (also Paraguay, who isn't in ARC), there shall SA Championship in april/may valid also as RWCQ (winner plays US/Canada loser)

For US of A and Canada, North American playoff for RWC shall be played in june. Winner qualifies directly to Japan.

reckon we're going to win the next world cup lads

See? No harm done uce.

It is a contact sport after all, just a bit of friendly regional banter between the lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=JMw0TsWatvs

TNW died for the win. Worth it

RIPIV
(rest in pieces in victory)

We better start blooding some new backs fairly soon then.

once stockdale and byrne come through over the summer it's ours to lose lad

What is different on them since last year to now?

youtube.com/watch?v=i7gX1cqWAT4
Do penalties count as set pieces?

Jordie Barret and Milner Skudder. Perenara seems to have upped his game again.

They've only played bottom feeders thus far though so dont read too much into it

Cop your laughing gear around this info m8:

Forwards: Chris Eves, Reggie Goodes, Ben May, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Loni Uhila, Mike Kainga, Dane Coles, Leni Apisai, Ricky Ricciteli, Mark Abbott, James Broadhurst, Geoff Cridge, Michael Fatialofa, Sam Lousi, Callum Gibbins, Vaea Fifita, Reed Prinsep, Hugh Renton, Ardie Savea, Brad Shields, Blade Thomson, Toa Halafihi.

Backs: TJ Perenara, Te Toiria Tahuiorangi, Kylem O'Donnell, Beauden Barrett, Otere Black, Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape, Matt Proctor, Pita Ahki, Wes Goosen, Cory Jane, Julian Savea, Ben Lam, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Jordie Barrett.

Good: They have Beauden Barrett and that puts any team off to a good start. Particularly when he's partnered in the halves by TJ Perenara. The loose forwards look handy, despite the departure of Victor Vito, and the return of Nehe Milner-Skudder at fullback should offset the absence of James Marshall. Best of all is the belief many of this group built by winning the title last year.

Bad: Bad's a bit extreme, but the Hurricanes still look a little thin in midfield. Willis Halaholo is now in Wales, having established a useful partnership with Matt Proctor last season. Proctor remains, as do Vince Aso and Ngani Laumape, but none are really proven performers just yet. The tight five are decent, but hardly frightening. Be interesting to see if James Broadhurst can get on the park this season and if fellow lock Michael Fatialofa continues 2016's development.

In: Toa Halafihi (Taranaki), Jordie Barrett (Canterbury), Kylem O'Donnell (Taranaki), Peter Umaga-Jensen (Wellington), Ben Lam (Blues), Sam Lousi (Waratahs), Reed Prinsep (Crusaders).

Out: James Blackwell, Jamison Gibson-Park (Leinster), Tony Lamborn, Willis Halaholo (Cardiff), Iopu Iopu-Aso, James Marshall (LOndon Irish), Motu Matu'u (Gloucester), Hisa Sagai, TJ Va'a, Victor Vito (La Rochelle), Jason Woodward (Bristol).

Dunno m8
Are you implying that the try should have been dissallowed because half time?

Sick rundown mate.
What did you think of gibson park from what you had seen of him?

I wouldn't read too much into that performance over the Rebels, they were God awful, even by Rebels' standards.

No, I think that try was legit. I just wonder if penalty kicks like these can count as set pieces.

Great skills, great speed, explosive.
Not quite up to All Black level, but he should do well in Ireland and be a real asset to Leinster. Good on him.

Could be talking out my arse here but would a set piece not have to involve both teams competeing over the ball from a set start?
I guess you could arge the other team can run up and block down the kick but really I do not know.
I doubt it is though.

Set piece is scrum and lineout.

And for Ireland when he magically becomes Irish in two years time ;)

Bundee Aki will be eligible soon I think. Strong Irish heritage that lad

he's not good enough to play for ireland

I wouldn't think he's an international-level half, but who knows, he's only 24 or 25.

at the very worst he's a useful enough utility back that can cover from the bench

He's good, very good but I don't think we should cap him unless ringrose and or payne get a substantial injury.
Well aside from connor murray we are kinda lacking in 9's so I could see him being useful down the road as an impact sub or what have you.

why is canada so shit? they are a world cup nation???

Good chance for defend the title

If compared with yanks, Canadian progress is more stagnated.

They're favourites but early days. Chiefs defence and pack looking dominant with one of the best tight 5s in the comp. Chiefs backline could spark the rise of the manlets

I've always liked your posts Brazilbro you seem like a top lad

Ya, it'd be a shame for a good Irish boy like Searéid McPayne to have his spot taken by a blow in like Bundee

someone say blow?

You're fucking delusional. I know he's not been hyped up like Memerose but if he was playing for Leinster or Munster, Off the Ball and the Times would be creaming themselves at the thought of him playing for Ireland. Don't get me wrong, I'm against the residency rules and Bundee playing for Ireland seems wrong to me, but the idea that it's anything to do with his ability is ridiculous.

Even when both him and Henshaw were fit last year, Bundee was unironically the better player. Henshaw was actually put out at fullback for a lot of the season because Lam didn't want to disrupt the Ronaldson-Aki centre partnership. He's the difference between Connacht struggling against midtable teams in the Pro12 and them beating Wasps and Toulouse. If he'd been fit in January, Connacht would be in the European quarter-finals.

I honestly can't undersell the extent to which he is a game-breaker. Every time he gets on the ball, you can hear it in the crowd. He's got better hands than Henshaw, and while Bundee's not as strong as him, he's a more powerful carrier than he looks. He's also a very good defender. His positioning is good at 12 or 13, he shoots up well and he gets at least one massive defensive hit in per game. I'm a regular at the Sportsground and the reaction to Henshaw leaving was generally "At least it's not Bundee". Memes aside, I'm genuinely a fan of Ringrose, but if Bundee chooses to play for Ireland, he'll be out of the team by the end of November. End of story.

>Everyone fellating the hurricanes
>completely ignoring the fact that they need to take the long trip to Perth and play at fortress force

Kek. Good luck hurrilames.

USA just beat NZ in sevens to take 3rd overall in the tournament

[spoiler] I have a massive erection [/spoiler]

Ah, Sevens. Rugby union's retarded little brother.

based

force will win this year, south africa will begin systematic extermination of whites and the ABs will be exposed as a front for the Australasian drugs trade

If the ABs were a front for a drugs trade, why would they be so desperate for money?

Reminder that Super Rugby is falling apart with idiotic restructuring
theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/wayne-smith/super-rugby-teams-pay-price-for-overzealous-expansion/news-story/4cee3ec6dd14beab2aef269fa88b9260

Reminder that its viewership and therefore sponsorships are plummeting
sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-tv-fan-viewership-plummets-20160704

Reminder that SANZAAAAR are desperately trying to figure out how to get Americans into the sport so they can squeeze shekels from an already sport-saturated market
nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11713051

Reminder that the Tri Nations + Argentina is struggling to generate interest and has to move games to Twickenham
telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/04/05/twickenham-to-host-first-ever-rugby-championship-test-match/

Reminder that more New Zealanders are moving to Europe in their prime than ever before
stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opinion/88117844/Charles-Piutau-is-still-the-king-of-the-ones-that-got-away

Reminder that NZRU are so desperate for money that they're charging other unions extortionate prices to play against them, which they will soon refuse to pay
theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/27/england-twickenham-cash-australia-new-zealand

Reminder that rugby has all but fallen apart in South Africa
stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/85014912/Springboks-legend-Victor-Matfield-bemoans-state-of-South-African-rugby

Reminder Australia are not far behind
globaltimes.cn/content/1012370.shtml

Reminder that 10-15 years from now NZRU will be bankrupt and all New Zealand starters will be European-based

>New Zealand starters will be European-based
God I hope not, we need to develop our own players, not jusat rely on over seas imports.
One only need look at the disaster that in the english football team and the racially diverse epl to see the inevitable pitfalls.

Don't worry. There'll be roughly 35 top kiwis getting contracts in Europe, mostly in the Top 14. There might be a few in the Premiership and maybe one or two in the Pro12, but I think what we're going to see over the next decade is France digging itself into a deeper and deeper hole.

*farts*

overzealous enforcement of 'dangerous tackles' is ruining the game

your teams are shite now they can't intentionally injure players

>implying Luatua's high tackle wouldn't provoke red card with old interpretation

would have been yellow

Me beat the drums and sound the march to war.

*would of

dont bait me cunt

Gotta break a few coconuts to make an omlette lad.

Salty blues fan?
But in all seriousness I am inclined to agree with you to a degree. I also believe that in the old days luatua's hit would've been a yellow, but does that mean they were right back then? Not necessarily. The red was deserved in the sense that he was dumb enough to make the hit though.
I know it's only an isolated incident but I feel this video gives some example of how things were different even just a few years back.
youtube.com/watch?v=a57MjiKM8r0

obligatory coulda doyd

Michael cheika at 3 mins in
>chews furiously

>get passed the ball
>jump so no one can tackle you for risk of a yellow card

>contesting for the high ball
>deliberately look away from your opposition so not to risk a yellow

Players a doing more high risk plays to avoid the rule. No to mention players doing high risk plays because the rules protect them and then fucking up and injuring themselves

common sense could go a long way

a red card ruins a game

instead they could give him a yellow + a match ban

punishing his entire team with a loss in an otherwise close game and competitive game is an enormous punishment

NOBODY can say they enjoyed the second half of that match

>Auckland traffic is a news story
Just hurry up and show me sports and the weather, no one cares about this shit

And Auckland gangs?

>2017
>watching the 6pm news

Wew lad.

>watching goihub

stop chimping out then, retard

The traffic is not a gang. Traffic is what happens when lots of people own cars and try to drive down the same road at the same time.
I turn it on while I cook and usually start eating when sport starts.
The 5 O'clock news on the radio doesn't quite cover it on the drive home
I find one irritating

Playing in front of home crowd will testo up the jags. Will they bottle that red finally?

lol fucking hell

nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11813112

>>James Lowe leaving for Leinster after this season

Shit! Why and how the fuck do these clubs have all these money to do this?

If only BOD had as much mana as TNW

I can't imagine he's on outrageous money at Leinster

How the fuck are we signing Lowe when we still have Nacewa?

I got a trade for you, take Naholo, let us keep Lowe.

>us
The fuck outta here poopeelian.

Also good point. Naholo is overrated as heck.

Look at this way. If a team are tackling dangerously and injure a player, then that player is out for the rest of the game, while the tackler is only out for 10 minutes. That could easily make it worthwhile for teams to target the opposition's most influential player and be confident of making up the for any damage done during the sin binning when they're back to having 15 men.

This isn't some sort of crazy fantasy that could never happen either. Not to go too heavy on the "coulda doyd" but there has been a number of teams in recent years who've clearly been told to go out and play "on the esge" like France, Munster and New Zealand in the second test against Ireland. I'm not saying they were sent out to injure people, but that's just what's going to happen, and with the level of concussion in the game, World Rugby either have to act or face a bunch of lawsuits for negligence in 5-10 years time.

how are they gonna cope without him lads?

Argies will just prove that they have depth in their squad, no problem.

Leinster wins again
hope he turns out to be better than kirchner and form what I have seen of him based on this season alone that seems to be the case.

Germany in Pro12?
the42.ie/germany-guinness-pro12-3271489-Mar2017/

>Imagine germany playing top level rugby. French wouldnt even turn up for games with them.

*upvotes*

>connacht have horrible injury crisis at 10
>pat lam's son offers to play for free on a short term contract
>irfu block it because he'll be "blocking irish talent" despite said irish talent all being injured

>ulster have absolutely no one coming through at 9
>pienaar is one of very few world class players to have come to ireland in their prime and has settled in belfast wanting to retire there
>has made jackson, gilroy, marshall and olding better players and is rumoured to basically serve as a player-coach
>irfu forces him to finish his career abroad, seriously damaging the "come and build a life here" part of their recruitment that has been so successful

>leinster have a huge amount of talent coming through in their backs
>have 2 (two) foreign international fullbacks in their squad and 3 (three) irish international back 3 players
>kelleher recently had to move to connacht to get game time
>allowed to sign another non-irish wing

Huh, really makes you think

I imagine Nacewa is probably leaving/retiring

Brian Mujati has his life fucking sorted lads
>dench
>plays rugby all over the world
>drinks and eats a shit load

No Kirchner is leaving, Nacewa just signed a one year extension

He comes across as a decent fella who's kinda spectrum

ZANE?

Nacewa is staying
rte.ie/sport/rugby/2017/0301/856394-isa-nacewa/

Kirchner is leaving alright, but it seems strange to sign another NIQ player when you already have the two Kearneys, McFadden, Byrne, O'Loughlin and Daly competing for the two spots alongside Nacewa in the back three.

Madigan is going to the Championship on a 3-year contract lads. He'll be 31 by the time he leaves Bristol.
the42.ie/ian-madigan-bristol-rugby-deal-confirmed-3272620-Mar2017/

Is his Ireland career, dare I say it, over?

That's assuming he actually sees out his contract this time

Madigan is overrated. He's like Jack Carty with place-kicking ability, except his wages are 10 times higher.

I don't understand this
He's chosen 2nd division rugby
why???

Kearney x2 and Byrne will possibly be involved with Ireland this time next year. R. Kearney is old as well, as is Nacewa. One's of those players is possibly leaving (they announced the Fardy signing a few days before McCarthys departure announcement) and O Loughlin is a centre.

How do we stop the Leinster menace?

I'll admit that pienar situation is bullshit alright. Truly an injustice has been done to him.
Munster get unfair treatment too though, see sailli and toute.

make them play ospreys in a final

The week after they win the Heineken Cup?

Yeah, reckon you may be the next nation to launch a moon rocket too.

Ospreys should have most of the injured players back in time for the playoffs anyway
>inside backs of Webb, Davies, Watkin and Beck
tasty

They deserve a weeks rest after winning and celebrations
Give them a fortnight

Never going to happen now.
>3 first choice wingers out
>2 first choice tightheads out
I'd be happy with a top 6 finish and push hard to win the challenge cup.

Y U R O P E D