Is it always possible to separate the artist from the art

is it always possible to separate the artist from the art

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's never possible. Something you should perhaps strive to do just never achieve.

I just want to say i'm so, so sorry, all cuck people are responsible for Lorde's thrive and fall, we have to do better. i'm sorry.

Jesus christ I'm never buying anything from that whore

nah never she is a self-hating racemixing whore. stop listening to her.

I see no artist in this case

I mean she's technically correct

White Europeans tried their hardest to build America into the superpower it is today and now white liberals are trying their hardest to tear it down

take the opportunity you've been given and find a better musician to listen to.

She's a sweet girl

The artist has to be good, but she's not.

I don't see anything wrong with what she said especially after yesterday.

>muh pride
>muh race

Pride is for queers and the biggest victim to white people is the insecurity of those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race.

Fuck you I want proof this is real fuck

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

what happend yesterday? i didn't watch news, sorry.

what happened yesterday

she said "all" though? how the fuck am I responsible? she is being objectively racist here.

Dicks everywhere

>I'm white sounds better than unemployed
Y'all shot your selves in the foot with your insecure beta selves

twitter.com/lorde

"artist"
""""""art""""""

Charlottesville

>reaps up all the benefits of being a white western women
>LE EVIL WHITE PEOPLE >_

u le cuck xD

>another race wars thread

MODS

MODS

MODS

sys.Sup Forums.org/mu/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=74525344&altc=1

reading the wikipedia article right now

this is fucking hilarious

:)

Her brother is a better musician anyway.

The expert's got a nice pair of autism shoes.

He looks like he's maximum comfy to me

>muslim terrorist attack happens
>apologize on behalf of all white people for muslims
>white terrorist attack happens
>apologize on behalf of all white people for white people
why are white liberals the most pathetic people on earth?

What the fuck are autism shoes?

I know its not entirely relevant to the topic, though why do artists always type in lower-case? You'd think for many of these musicians who would presumably be well-read and attentive to poetry/ prose that they'd attain impeccable grammar even on the internet, yet instead they type like 10 year old's who've only recently discovered the internet. It confounds me, I mean she isn't even capitalizing the I's, even a five year old can do that. Its not as if proof-reading your text or typing correctly is a skill or talent, its what you should be doing in the very first place! Simply peer at the Radiohead AMA where Thom Yorke (a graduate of English at the University of Exeter) still refuses to capitalize his every response appropriately, as if he finds this manner of atrocious grammar/ syntax to render some form of artistic statement.

As to answer the question, easily. Sure it used to rustle my jim-jams when an artist attempted to make a political message though now I don't tend to find myself all that bothered - its so commonplace in the media for celebrities to denounce that which is seen as being morally bereft that I'm hardly surprised, still sometimes these artists do confuse me. I understand that making political statements allows an artists to increase their public image though in many cases they seem genuinely serious to a capacity that would have your average social media user accused of being a "troll", they refuse to cite facts/ statistics that could actually form a proper retort against an individual/ movement and instead make vapid remarks that hold little to no water seemingly for the sake of doing so. Personally I long for the day where both camps of the left and right are forced into a "bottle episode" scenario where they would actually have to work out their differences and at least make an effort to understand one-another, yet the promise of conflict and the miasma of churlish chanting is the real reason behind the current divide, I'm sure.

it was the first time in 26 years of living that i was actually ashamed for being white and from the suburbs.

that shit was pure, unaduterated cringe.

post successful!

lower case makes everything wound woker

wtf does her statement have to do with what you said or what happened yesterday

W A L L

O F

T E X T

>What the fuck are autism shoes?
Yeezys

what the fuck did you think it was in response to?

Fuck this whole thread

It is a laxer standard of internet english that has developed naturally to make international communication easier. It tends to make the writer more approachable, trustworthy and comprehensible rather than the overly fussy hyper-correction of your own style for instance.

obviously, but the statement is completely disconnected from the event, and that guy's post is completely disconnected from both that tweet and the event. it's just two examples of non sequitur

>white nationalist march
>lorde: white people are responsible for this system's thrive and fall
>Pride is for queers and the biggest victim to white people is the insecurity of those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race

the 3rd thing is a criticism of teh first thing, but for some reason it was a statement made in defense of the 2nd thing which is completely disconnected

i'm confused

Bruh progressives are fucking dumb as shit do you people not see them doing their circus tricks

fuck the left and the right.

desu anyone who lives and breathes poltics 24/7 is an annoying cunt and should be culled for humanity's sake (unless they're actually politicians ofc)

Sup Forums BTFO once again

>those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race.

So like what Lorde just did then?

>(unless they're actually politicians
politicians deserve the first row on the execution fields

that's a lot of people these days. there's constant coverage. it's infiltrated so much of our other media too. people think everything is so drastically chaotic today but they're really just paying too much attention.

Acknowledging that you are white =/= defining yourself as white

I'm a white person but i don't let that define who i am. Considering that Lorde is a musician and not, say, an alt-right blogger, neither does she.

Or worse expelled

Is that so? I understand approachable though surely it would be more trustworthy coming from someone who writes in a more "official" style so to speak, I personally wouldn't trust a self-proclaimed "professor" in any field if they ignored the basic rules of grammar, and OP's picture is merely an aberration to say the least. Of course it depends on the context, grammar does not particularly matter on Sup Forums given that there is no user system (thankfully) and so no reputation to defend or intellectual status to proclaim, though when its a world-renowned musician trying to put across a universal message then surely it is entirely different ball-game.

True desu but the bulk of the violent annoying retards is progressive wieners

she seems to believe in collectivized racial guilt so I'm pretty sure she defines herself by her race

Music

Lol... sounds like you got it all worked out

>of those who are boring enough to define themselves by their race.
Fucking this lol.

fueled by those antifa cunts, really I know this is cheesy but all violent organisations should be dealt with in the hardest way possible. They're effectively taking our right to protest peacefully, they'll infiltrate literally anywhere

Kek

>she seems to believe in collectivized racial guilt
after what happened yesterday, it's hard not to. and i never thought i would say that, but considering that those white nationalist protests started over an oversized participation trophy, i don't even have the words for how cringe-worthy that is.

It's great how if you're progressive you can riot, assault anybody, be as racist as possible, censor music and still have the media sucking your dick. It's almost like the media has an agenda

apologizing for privilege is so goddamn dumb holy fucking shit

your mistake is assuming america equates the whole world

>One lardass gets flustered from a mob surrounding his car and hits the accelerator
>ban white people
You people are all fucking stupid stuff is sad

>after what happened yesterday, it's hard not to.
more non-sequitur wtf

i didn't, and to be fair, that's a good point in regards to Lorde.

jesus fucking christ if that's what you got out of my point, you have much worse problems. i would take a good long look in the mirror if i were you.

True, calling your own existence a privilege is a fucking meme

>collectivized racial guilt is something that should be treated seriously in any way shape or form
>everything I don't like is nahzis
Smash your head in with a pan and go cry about your debt you stupid sack of shit

I'd say it was the exact opposite for most people. There is such a distrust of authority and their supposed tendency to hide what they mean under convoluted language, that plain, rough speaking is preferred. English with structure which is considered before hand will seem too stilted for many who would prefer a more conversational style that sounds like their friend had txted them. And this goes for expertise too: a scientist that explains global warming using complex terms and graphs will always lose out to the demagogue that talks in apocalyptic end times speech or soothing "needn't worry" kind of talk.

>the american system was built on institutional racism
>that's why asians earn more than you in your own country

Lol these white supremacists instutions need to pick their game up

>Obama was black
Progressives are really really bad at this

The entire number of protestors yesterday is a 1/3 of the population of the tiny suburb in the middle of fucking nowhere that I live in. These white pride twats ain't worth giving the airtime to, they're a non-entity.

the funny thing is that the system is currently rigged against both whites and asians in affirmative action in universities and workplace "diversity" hiring policy

>. It's almost like the media has an agenda
yeah its called getting views
the media doesnt care

is this what white privilege looks like?

that's pretty much the response i expected.

again, i would do some internal searching if i were you.

I suppose I can see where you're coming from here, thanks for your insight user. Have a good-day!

No. THIS is what white privilege looks like

Which is why they lied about the Russia collusion and journalists care dumb-dumb

Both sides have a problem with middle class LARPers who think they're part of a revolution but are nothing more than a welcome distraction for a failing two party system.

this desu

because it gives them attention. they are heartless animals picking whatever said they can to keep them alive and running.
they don't care about the left or right. just whatever watches them brainlessly

i agree. the elites are keeping us busy with their dumb revolutionary shit
i wonder whats going on behind the scenes?

>"I'm gonna keep spitting out the same reatrded line, yes I'm getting paid a chicken, she's very fertile"
You stupid motherfucker it's not hard to look at what's happened on the inverse

>Which is why they lied about the Russia collusion

They didn't collude, but Russia did use them. Donnie was just too dumb to realize it was happening.

Ahh so do you finally have the proof of that a year in or you just still saying whatever in the hopes it'll stick? Because it literally has ZERO ZILCH 0 proof

Whorde

All the contacts with Russian entities between people in his camp is enough. The fact that people like Sessions felt the need to lie about it is enough proof.

Why the fuck is this thread still up what the fuck are the mods doing

>>>/your moms womb/
Shit sounds like a broken record sorest losers in existence holy fuck don't cover yourself in so much butter next time goddamn retard

I've been posting ITT way too much and i agree.

to answer the OP: yes. yes it is.

no, maybe 2 or 3 centuries ago it was

>after what happened yesterday, it's hard not to
Only if you're a fucking retard

Nobody cares about the election itself, it's over. We're simply acknowledging the interference of a foreign entity in our democracy. People are going to be okay with that because it benefitted "muh side". I can't be mad considering that i never liked killary, but i am disappointed at people okay with being used just to "stick it to muh SJW scum" or whatever it is that motivates them.

>We're simply acknowledging the interference of a foreign entity in our democracy.
with no proof.

>We're simply acknowledging the interference of a foreign entity in our democracy
WITH ZERO FUCKING PROOF
>We're
Why the plural sweetie?

>All the contacts with Russian entities between people in his camp is enough
If this was enough he wouldn't be the President anymore

zero proof. just assumptions