Why does anything exist at all?

Why does anything exist at all?
What would exist if nothing existed?

thats one squishy looking universe

existence is the opposite of non existence. its why its called "existence" faggit.

What is nothing?

To answer "why" you need to imply a cause. Just because you ask for it, it doesn't suddenly jump into existence. As far as we know, there is no cause, hence "why" is a pointless question.

And the answer to your second question is answered by itself: nothing.

See

"nothing" is the absence of "something."

see
/thread

No, that is the definition of nothing. What is nothingness?

non existance can't be experienced

descartes brain in a vat

Google it if you're too stupid

you clearly don>'t understand the purpose of definitions.

Your questions are dumb, and your plain refusal of sound answers is mildly entertaining, but ultimately a waste of my time.

Stay shallow, pleb.

God created us so that we could learn his laws, learn about ourselves, and one day master our universe and build new ones.

>that is the definition
>no, what is it

are you even trying? nothingness is the word we use to describe the absence of something. that something can be anything, and nothing cannot. it is a made up word to explain a concept of absence.

recall your earliest memory. now try to think about existence before that memory. eventually, you will understand what non existence is.

Fuck that's actually a really good analogy. But then again, that's just me not existing.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

so there you go. how can you describe something that has no qualities? if it had qualities, it would be "something." but it isn't. its not there, it has no laws, it isn't a void, it isn't anything. its just pure non existence.

So your mom can swallow my warm, fertile seed once a month.

Thinking about this has really fucked me up, and sometimes my heart will start beating really fast and I'll start to panic. Why is there something rather than nothing and why am I a part of it? Is there even a 'me' if I am just atoms put together? What is conciousness?

>how can you describe something that has no qualities?
>its just pure non existence.

>What would exist if nothing existed?
This is such a retarded fucking question that only an underage person could ask.

Why would anything need to exist if nothing existed you retarded fuck. Nothing would exist, there would be no need or reason for anything to exist.

ITT: Babbi's first existential crisis.

Then what is nothing? Don't tell me it's the absence of something. What is the absence of something? What is nothingness?

here's one i haven't come to terms with

why am i me and what makes me me?
>inb4 memes

>Inb4 faggot replies like "you're just atoms put together" like everyone else in this thread

I know what you're asking about user

There is plenty of non-existence. But it doesn't post questions to Sup Forums

Imagine you have Rick Sanchez's portal gun. But when you go to another dimension, there's nothing there. You go to a hundred billion dimensions, all empty. Then you find one with something. A native asks you "Why is there something instead of nothing?"
"There is also nothing," you say, "There is almost infinitely more nothing than something. You're just in one of the somethings."

2 deep 4 me

>Why does anything exist at all?
Because if nothing existed then nothing would exist
Nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all

I drive myself to the edge of madness trying to explain.
It's simple. Elegant like a knife. It explains - this is not hyperbole - EVERYTHING.
But you lay it out and they stare at you like you've just been exhaling dust. Maybe they're missing some underlying scaffold of truth.
Why does anything exist?
No, don't reach for that word. There's no 'reason'. That's teleology and teleology will stitch your eyelids shut.
Why do we have atoms? Because atomic matter is more stable than the primordial broth. Atoms defeated the broth. There were two ways to be and one of them won. And everything that came next was made of atoms.
Atoms made stars. Stars made galaxies. Worlds simmered down to rock and acid and in those smoking primal seas the first living molecule learned to copy itself. All of this happened by the one law, the blind law, which exists without mind or meaning.
Imagine three great nations under three great queens. The first queen writes a great book of law and her rule is just. The second queen builds a high tower and her people climb it to see the stars. The third queen raises an army and conquers everything.
The future belongs to one of these queens. Her rule is harshest and people unhappy. But she rules.
Understand? Existence is a game that everything plays, some strategies are winners: the ability to exist, shape existence, remake it so that your descendants - molecules or stars or people or ideas - will flourish, and others will find no ground to grow.
Next round there will be three queens and all of them will have armies, and now it will be a battle of swords - until one discovers the cannon, or the plague.
Everything is becoming more ruthless, in the end only the most ruthless will remain and they will hunt the territories of the night and extinguish the first glint of competition before it can even understand what it faces or why it has transgressed. This is the shape of victory: rule so absolute that nothing will ever exist except by your consent.

i can die happy, thank you

This masterpiece should give you an answer.

Let's think of it this way, if nothing is supposed to exist, then it wouldn't.
So therefore, it must have some sort of purpose.
Doesn't matter anyways, according to what the eggheads say, it's only several billion more years until all atoms and molecules are destroyed from heat damage. At that point we'll all be dead, and nothing will exist.

In order for nothing to exist, there must be something to have nothing of. We exist because we must exist. There can be nothing, and there can't be all of something. Our universe is the coexistence of something and nothing, with the perfect balance of natural laws for perpetuation.

>if nothing is supposed to exist, then it wouldn't.
So therefore, it must have some sort of purpose.

Thinking about it this way is comforting.

>At that point we'll all be dead, and nothing will exist.

This scares me. I start thinking about what the "nothing" may be.

*can't be nothing

The nothing is unstoppable, but I've come to terms that I will die a happy death before then. It's my main philosophy to die happy because I don't want to go to the nothing unhappy.

>I start thinking about what the "nothing" may be.
The exact same nothing that was the entirety of something before you were a something.

>Why does anything
Causality.
Nothing.

But that's still trying to apply the logic of a something to the nothing.

Whatever pain is immediately felt around the time of death is all that matters before the neverending nothing

If there was nobody to observe the universe and question why it exists, it would still exist

Things exist because, in my opinion, they always have..or more precisely energy has always existed. If our assumption that, based on our observations, matter can neither be created nor destroyed only converted holds true across this universe and the "outerverse" then energy will and has existed indefinitely and occasionally manifest as matter in universes spread out across an infinite and yet not infinite plane. And because, in theory at least, if there is no matter and no gravity there is no time so the 'outerverse' is an energy field where time doesn't exist.

That's all based on my opinion...my belief so to speak. No hard facts to back it up what-so-ever.

But the billions of years of existence made zero difference in your creation is my point. We have our earliest memory, then nothing matters out of all those billions of years prior to us

I like to think of time as the perception of movement in space.

>nothing matters out of all those billions of years prior to us
This is perhaps the most ignorant statement i have ever read.

Prove you're note a simulation bro!

>Why does anything exist at all?

We don't know.

>What would exist if nothing existed.

Nothing.

Occam's Razor
> All things resonate toward a singularity, not away from one.

>Prove
Demanding logical proof? That means the life of Socrates contributed to who and what you are. Are you using wifi? You owe Nikola Tesla an apology. You're on a computer? You owe that to Charles Babbage. Did you type that on a QWERTY keyboard? You can thank Christopher Sholes for that. Are you breathing oxygen? You inherited that from bacteria that lived 2.48 billion years ago.

technically nothing is something so it's really just one big mindfuck all the way around.

Think about this OP
In one hundred trillion years the distance between particles will be as vast as our universe's current size now. The only thing remaining will be super massive black holes just waiting to decay into quasars or evaporate into nothingness. And that is the last dalliance of light in our universe, dead black holes that are brighter than stars. And then the last black hole will decay into the last nothingness and that'll be it. The universe will be dead and empty with the only thing existing being space itself.

Infowars would still exist.

And all of that happened after billions of years we literally can't conceive of.

I'm mainly speaking towards people who are afraid of a neverending nothing after death when we came from a neverennding nothing before it