Wtf is this faggy prog metal shit?

wtf is this faggy prog metal shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8gwtA40LSY
youtube.com/watch?v=N-Dyaoq_oSA
youtube.com/watch?v=Dprzmypptbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The future of black metal

There is nothing prog about this band, but they're for faggots I'll give you that.

Black meal from the bay freidno

le nazi gays

it would be good without the vocals desu

retard

Looks like Deafheaven's Sunbather.

"""""black(ed) metal""""" for numales that chug bottled water and were raised by a single mother

>it's popular so it's bad!

what the fuck i listened to the 1 song and it all was fucking boring epic shoegaze with nonsense screams

is this the famous white metal

>fantano likes it so I do to!

I'M...DYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

>people aren't allowed to like the same things as fantano!

>people aren't allowed to dislike what a few other people like!

Produced differently this band would sound identical to Snowing.
Proof
1:14 onwards youtube.com/watch?v=_8gwtA40LSY
4:24 onwards
youtube.com/watch?v=N-Dyaoq_oSA

I swear to God, Satan himself could be fronting a black metal band with Hitler, Dahmer, Anton LaVey, and Judas Iscariot rounding out the group and black metal fans would still bitch about it.

It would probably suck balls since Hitler didn't play anything and Satan is a fictional charterer

if it was garbage poseur music like sun bat her then yes I'd bitch about it

xD

Guise, guise! It's blackgays.

Unoffensive "metal" at its finest.
It really boils down to a bunch of speculative ideas forced together by a manipule of boring, insecure beings that do everything they can to monetize teen angst instead of moving forward with their lives.
If you find this meaningful and you're more than 21 you should check your anus for blood leakage.

>calls it unoffensive
>triggers every single "trve" metal nerd on the internet

Please highlight the parts of my post where I seemed offended or a "trve metal nerd" for that matter.

a good album

> bandwagoning nu-male getting pissy that actual metal fans don't like deafheaven

is is 2014 already?

Troo

Deafheaven = screamo taking some aesthetic cues from black metal

>It really boils down to a bunch of speculative ideas forced together by a manipule of boring, insecure beings that do everything they can to monetize teen angst instead of moving forward with their lives.
The fuck are you on about?

I don't even think it has words. It sounds like every other metal album I've ever heard. Is it "pandering to teen angst" because they scream slightly raspier?

I can't wrap my head around what someone would pick out to find objectionable about this. Or people really weren't kidding when they described metal fans.

Deafheaven is objectively terrible

:-)

It's a decent album i'll give you that but i don't get why people are calling it black metal when it obviously lacks most of BM's traits

>Doesn't sound like it was recorded in a dumpster
>Isn't vaguely homoerotic
>Is moderately popular by underground standards
>Doesn't sound like metal did in the 80s

>Band members don't dress up in silly outfits

No wonder Sup Forums doesn't like it.

>hurr not kvlt enough
shut the fuck up and get in tune with your inner emotions, you faggot

This is no ordinary metal... This is VALERIAN STEEL lol

I've been a metal guy since I was 12/13, and I'm 31 now. I also like other types of music, and have also liked shoegaze and dream pop for a long time.

I really like Sunbather. I've pretty much been waiting for blackgaze all of my life, and a lot of it is really good. Doesn't surprise me that metal guys hate it, though.

Unless a metal band borrows traits from another existing metal genre, classical music, or (sometimes) prog, then it's not true metal.

If they were from Norway and wore Lord of the rings Halloween costumes all these metal nerds would love them.

>tells another to get in touch with their emoshuuuuns through shit blackgayze
>calls them faggot

thatsthejoke.jpg

>!

Good album desu. Metalfags are scared by the color pink for some reason

closet faggots, see them whine and complain in this very thread? These metalfags, they are like children

>nu-males will NEVER understand why metalfags don't like this phony, pathetic turd of an album

you faggots don't even like metal. just fuck off already.

no, I'll never stop listening to metal, faggot!

can the chemical thing be avoided if the bottles are bpa-free?

>lacks most of BMs traits
>blast beats, wretched vocals, atmospheric tremolo picked guitar
The only thing it's missing from the sound of trve kvlt black metal is the shitty production desu

>>Is moderately popular by underground standards
>underground

Bands like deafheavan are the present and future of metal.
They are laying the groundwork for a hipster, indie, art metal type of thing.
And the meal community are elitist who hate change to begin with so there are extremist views where you either love or hate that type of metal.
I like it. It shows metal is still alive and innovating and was the only guitar music putting in some kind of effort in the teens decade.
There is not prog about them. prog metal is shit like Tool.
Deafheavn is a fusion of black metal and shoegaze.

I hope this type of metal explodes in popularity in the 2020's or gets some kind of boost. I think it would be cool if like you fused thrash metal with shoegaze, take the sounds of the big 4, slayer, megadef, anthrax, Metallica, and put them into a shoegaze machine. I think that would be a big hit and create a cool new scene.

Lets do that for 4 or 5 years.

I think metal still has gas in the tank but people arent taking charge.

I could see hipster art metal faggotry getting bigger.

And then after that you could fuse metal with EDM or IDM, and make a weried raver metal type of thing, dance metal.

Then i think metal will die.

But im just being nostradumbass here

>isn't vaguely homoerotic
um...?

>meal has to be offensive to be good
this is an 18+ website, user

but Sup Forums LOVES liturgy

vague ≠ explicit

low-t betacuck numale detected

back to /r/metal_general with you

WRONG

desu metal isn't worth much unless it's being edgy or actually breaking new ground while keeping true to the genre at it's core; Deafheaven doesn't do that and Liturgy is a fucking joke

I hated this album until Fantano reviewed it and I saw PewDiePie with a DEAFHEAVEN shirt on so I forced myself to like it.

The album is sort of overrated but the final track (the full 18 minute version) is one of the greatest songs ever made

>prog metal

It's more of a shoegaze album desu
It just has blastbeats and screaming so pitchfork thinks it must be black metal because it has those too. Also not really prog either, never read anything else where they're called that.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dprzmypptbs

>(the full 18 minute version)
where do i find this?

Roads To Judah was better.

New Bermuda sucks dick.