/Slavia/

A thread for the discussion and settling of inter-Slavic differences and similarities on cultural, linguistic, culinary, cat owning, vacationing and sexual fields

There is another, very miserable /slav/ thread opened, started on a shitty tone, bursting with loneliness and anxiety. Let's kick this one off nicely

Hosts: Slavs and their emotional baggage
Welcome: People with questions about all things Slavic

Slavic language material:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdNWpOaFBYYjBSZGc

Izdanje/edition "Ural"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ElqbLPcTHAI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Jozef_Šafárik
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_František_Kollár
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Slavic_Congress,_1848
youtube.com/watch?v=Ak0s2AsoFn8
ru.wiktionary.org/wiki/разуметь
youtube.com/watch?v=81OLfDmvhaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Belarus' Eurovision entry is the most adorable song this year, I hope they win: youtube.com/watch?v=ElqbLPcTHAI

Is Belarus the cutest Slavic country or what? We should steal them and make part of the EU 2bh hehe

Btw, can anyone tell what language is it in, Belorussian or Russian? I feel like I can understand it better than Russian so I'm betting it's the former

>tfw when the jew removed any chance of a panslavic empire
what could have been

Jews created panslavism

you should have embraced it then

>where are proofs

It's Belorussian.

How much of Russian can Poles understand, btw?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Jozef_Šafárik

we did, but its bullshit anyways

you are greek

Am I blind or doesn't it say he is a Jew?

>The first pan-Slavists were the 16th-century Croatian writer Vinko Pribojević and the 17th-century Aleksandar Komulović, Bartol Kašić, Gundulić and Croatian Catholic missionary Juraj Križanić.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ElqbLPcTHAI
Never watched the Eurovision except stumbling upon a song or two, but this is refreshing from the usual stuff that comes from the contest
It's definitely Belorussian

People mistake /slav/ for a Pan-Slavist thread. /Slavia/ is a thread for Slavic people and those interested in our languages, cultures...lives?
You may or may not be a Pan-Slavist, but this thread doesn't center around political ideas

...I just posted something I would like to have happened at some point in history pls no bully

Why would you want it though

it would be fun for everyone
and enormous
and strong

There's a lot of similar and identical words but still it's hard to understand lengthier sentences without studying it properly

For example, if I'd listened to a Russian newscaster on tv, every now and then I'd be going, "yep, I know this word", and could probably get the gist of what the topic is, but that's about it

Jews wanted to break up Austria-Hungary and used panslavism to do it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_František_Kollár

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Slavic_Congress,_1848

I see. Is Ukrainian closer? I heard it's a midway point between Polish and Russian and is mutually intelligible with both.

why can't anyone answer my questions
I asked you if the guy was Jewish
>Adam František Kollár
doesn't say if he's jewish either

Yeah, and it's only one of the handful of songs that aren't in English, sadly

That's correct, it's closer to Polish, we have a lot more vocabulary in common. One example I can think of:

English: "I don't understand."
Polish: "Nie rozumiem."
Ukrainian: "Ne rozumiyu."
Russian: "Ya ne ponimayu."

But it still sounds very Russian to me, the way it's pronounced, and the accent makes it harder to understand

Also I guess it depends on region of Ukraine
Understanding a westerner would be much easier for you than understanding an easterner

Why do Slavs hate Russians so much?

Because of the damage your cancerous communist past inflicted upon millions of people and its legacy that lingers on to this day

bunp :D

Who can be considered a Slav? Only anthropological? Or a carrier of culture?

What the fuck is this? Belarussian language? I never ever heard anyone speak it, they don't use their own language

They should 2bh, it would be sad if another Slavic language just died out

youtube.com/watch?v=Ak0s2AsoFn8

russian/polish/rural mix

Пpиeт
Why are slavs considered non-white by western yurop? Why did slavs not let themselves get cucked by immigrants?

Russia is fucking great

Belarusian is older and more real language than Russian

cмaкчы чэлec, cyka

>That's correct, it's closer to Polish
Actually no, Belarusian has more common with Polish vocabulary than Ukrainian.
>Ukrainian: "Ne rozumiyu."
>Russian: "Ya ne ponimayu."
ru.wiktionary.org/wiki/разуметь
We also have "razumet'", but "ponimat'" is just more preferable synonym

it's not just about vocabulary, ukranian pronunciaiton is closer to polish too

This! Belarusian is the only real slavic language, the rest are just dialects of it. And that's why Polish and Russian have so many common with Belarusian.

Disgusting song. But tbqh I can say it about any song for eurovision.

>youtube.com/watch?v=81OLfDmvhaw

SMRT ZA TURCITE

>/slavia/
>not /slovensko/ or something

Post your funniest false friends with other Slaves

The BSH word for 'is not', nije, means 'is is not' in Slovene

The Slovak word for 'is not', nie je, means 'is not is is' in Slovene

Dear Slavs,
BULGARIA NEEDS YOU!
Move to Bulgaria today and help it preserve the Slavic spirit. Let's build our white heaven on earth together!
Bonuses:
1. Qtest qties.
2. Beautiful and rich language, which could be viewed as central to learning/understanding other Slavs
3. Beautiful country side with varied climate - lot's of sun, sea, but also beautiful mountains and cold, snowy winters.
4. Accessible properties
Problems:
1. Gypsies.
2. Poverty.
3. Inequality.
4. Poor overall state of the infrastructure.

>language, which could be viewed as central to learning/understanding other Slavs
Do you speak Slovak or Slovene?

Hello, are south slavs welcome?

depend how "south" you are

Fuck off you commie prick, just because you a failure in life its not the states fault