What do you guys think of people that say they don't really listen to music?

What do you guys think of people that say they don't really listen to music?

plebs

I miss corn pops

Not listening to music is the ultimate patrician.

cool ppl
music fans are annoying.

This, but unironically.

you realize that people who don't listen to music are on the same level as those who only listen to top 40?

Better than hipsters who pretend to like music and just jerk off to whatever mainstream critics praise

they are def or dont want to share the music they listen, because there's music everywhere

i had one very close friend who was like that and he was cool

also ever notice how whenever someone has an album cover for their steam profile pic they're always dicks

Lol, no.

I imagine that their lives must be pretty boring

A friend of mine doesn't really listen to music all that much, but he watches a shit ton of movies and is really well versed in film, so I usually assume if music isnt someone's thing, they must be into some other kind of art.

You mean the people who pretend to like stuff like Radiohead and The Beatles for image on an anonymous forum?

They aren't as bad as people who pretend to like certain artists to look interesting on imageboards

I feel like that, but I listen to too much music, and can't stand most of it.

My friend doesn't like music. I've known him for like forever and he never listens to music. He just does his university work and then plays video games. I remember asking what he liked a long time ago and he said music does nothing for him. He compared it to sitting and listening to traffic. Pretty boring person overall tbqh.

This. There's a lot of things people indulge in. It doesn't even have to be an art, I have a few friends that involve themselves in sports almost entirely and they're not boring people. I like talking about music with people, but finding someone as into it as me irl is near impossible. You're much better off talking shit about music here than trying to surround yourself in music fans irl

>used to seek out and listen to music constantly
>obsess over favorite songs/albums
>research artists/releases and stay up to date on news
>finally get good enough at playing instrument to feel really really comfortable creating my own music (8ish yrs)
>lose almost all interest in listening /researching music in free time
>"meh id rather just make music"
its a strange feel, noticed when my buddy was asking about what ive been listening to lately like 6mo ago and i honestly couldnt think of anything other than whatever id been working on atm

>Pretty boring person overall tbqh.
yet somehow hes still your friend.

They're hiding their powerlevel

I use that word for acquaintances too. Most people stay here in my town after finishing secondary school so you always see them.