We need a 4 point line, even shitty NBA teams are hitting threes regularly

We need a 4 point line, even shitty NBA teams are hitting threes regularly.

this would just aid teams like the rockets and warriors even more

Exactly

yes, and make the middle line a 5 point one too

This kills the center

>three ruins the game of basketball
>NCAA starts to recover
>add four pointer
>ruin it again

I don't get the point of 3pointers, why are long distance shots awarded with 150% the value of regualar layups? All shots should be 2 points, the current 3pt rule awards players that are too soft to penetrate

>Shoot 4 times, hit once (25%)
>4 points
>Shoot 4 times, hit twice (50%)
>4 points

Absolutely no point in shooting 2s any more

rip

I doubt even the best teams would hit 4 pointers more than 15% of the time.

>Millennials

The 3 point line was a mistake

good. fuck bigs. 4 guards 1 forward is what we the fans want to see. nobody says "post play is so fun to watch" we want 3's. we want 4's. behind half court could be 6. that's how the game was meant to be played

A better idea would be to cap the number of three point shots a team can make at 10-15 a game or so. After 15 makes, every shot made from behind the line would only be worth two points.

This shouldn't drastically affect scoring, but would also bring back dribble moves and post play, two essential elements of the game

>Celtics fan mad af

Nobody under 6"7' should be aloud on an NBA basketball court.

halfcourt line and beyond should absolutely be a 4 pointer. tell me why it shouldn't. wouldn't you just love the last second drama of a possible 4 point halfcourt shot to tie/win the game?

If this happens, the final minute of a close game will be stretched out to half an hour.

While they're at it, they should have a 25-point basket 25 feet in the air in the last 2 minutes of every quarter.

Allow hand checking and physical defense again and the 3 pointers go away.

it comes from the ABA, it's meant to reward risk

no one imagined people like Curry would become superstars from it

back then the sharpshooters came to play, Bird/Miller

i remember people telling me it ruined basketball and i never understood until Curry came along

autism, pure fucking autism

this

CAVS
ATTEMPT
MORE
THREES

>tfw no pro calvinball

A 3-point line promotes slashing because it draws defenders further away from the paint leaving space near the basket. Without it youd see defenders heavily sag inwards and concede lots of 15-20 foot jumpers while blocking off any inside play.

A 4 point line would probably only be used at the end of games by teams that are down 4.

Shouldn't the number of points awarded be increased so that the actual percentage increase with more difficult shots would be lessened?

For Example, regular layups and dunks now count for 5 points

The three pointer now counts as 6 points, still a point more but it went from 50% increase to 20%

And the proposed 4 point line awards 7 points, just 40% more than a regular layup.

Your penis is too soft to penetrate lol