How can I break my instruments if i'm poor?

How can I break my instruments if i'm poor?
Kurdt and the band did it before they were big what gives?

>Kurdt and the band did it before they were big what gives?

Shoot yourself up with heroin until you don't care about your guitars anymore. There you go.

do you know an ancient band called the who?

In the 1980s, you could still got to a pawnshop and pick up anything that wasn't a Strat or Superstrat for ridiculously cheap. Kurt bought cheap guitars to smash up. He would also occasionally re-use broken guitars held together with duct tape to smash again. If you want to do the same, you're not going to be able to afford doing it with old Univoxes like he did, but you could probably get by with ultra-cheap Chinese instruments like Behringers. It's still expensive, though. Pete Townsend almost bankrupted The Who by smashing so many guitars.

Or you could try not being an edgy tryhard.

I'm poor and I've done it.

They were trash guitars and not worth playing anyway, I had to part with them eventually so I smashed them.

Music equipment were basically the only things Kurt spent money on before he got famous. He would crash on people's couches and he wasn't really into heroin until nevermind blew up. Also he just didn't give a fuck.

you can still buy cheapass guitars on ebay today

You can buy cheap Strat knockoffs for around $100, all they are good for is smashing anyway because they play like shit.

Why anyone would smash an expensive guitar is beyond me. If you own something that expensive you should play it in the studio, buy the cheap stuff, tour with the cheap stuff, smash the cheap stuff.

you can get squier and other non-fender strat style guitars and others on craigslist for $20-60 occasionally

Yeah, but anything that cheap is going to be a piece of shit. You used to be able to get a Fender Mustang for around 50 bucks; anything Japanese was way less. The Epi that's being smashed in OP's pic probably cost around 30 bucks, or less. OP can probably find a used Behringer somewhere for 50 bucks, but it's not going to be a good instrument.

Just switch your guitar to a shitty one before the encore and break that, no one will notice.

>you can get squier and other non-fender strat style guitars and others on craigslist for $20-60 occasionally

I've had shit given to me too, for nothing.

I have to actually sell one of my guitars instead of breaking the thing because I need money for a replacement amp and that shit will probably take forever.

only try-hard faggots break their instruments. grow up. It's the performance equivalent of walking around with your chest puffed out. Everyone above room-temperature IQ thinks you look embarrassing while barely-pubescent teenagers "mosh". KYS if actually think it's cool

>but it's not going to be a good instrument.
It doesn't matter if you play really abrasive shit live with lots of distortion and feedback.

Guitars are expensive magnet-sticks that only sound decent when mic'd in the studio. Your instrument matters less in a live context than the pedals and amps you have.

>only try-hard faggots break their instruments. grow up.
This is nu male shit.

Being a rock star doesn't involve caring about some piece of wood like it's precious.

Can you imagine OP playing his shitty 3 chord nirvana wannabe covers in front of 10 people all embarrassed to even be listening to this crap and then smashing his guitar like he's Pete Townshend afterwords?

kurt would actually rebuild the guitars he would smash regularly. they also werent very hifi sounding before nevermind, live especially so it wasn't a big deal having shitty sounding guitars for them

stop giving me an erection

Being a "rock star" doesn't have anything to do with posturing via breaking your instrument as some "performance art statement" that's been done thousands of times before. I could give a fuck if the guitarist drops his guitar in a trashcan backstage after the show,
>Being a rock star doesn't involve caring about some piece of wood like it's precious.
...wasn't even close to my point. You're a poseur, and you emulate other poseurs if you're into this.
The spinal tap quote:
>treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry
probably applies to the music you listen to and play

That's literally what Kurt did and the fans took notice and recognized the black strat.

>ywn smash your guitar, turn the gain and volume all the way up on your amp, and leave it plugged in on the ground in front of the 4x12 cab before throwing your drummers floor tom into the crowd and stage diving after a high energy set

I actually have dreams of doing that except in my dreams at least 100 people are watching me play at the Stone Pony not just 10

man, because these kind way of thinking the "music" is what it is today, leave the guy or girl alone, i would be genuinelly happy if today's kids starts pick up some guitars and starts new bands.

how old are you OP?