Local Music

Hey Sup Forums, often we shill our own stuff or stuff from artists we have no connection to. But what about your local artists? Who are some local acts you enjoy?

ITT post:
>your hometown/city
>at least 2 local acts you like
>a link to their Bandcamp/Soundcloud/Spotify/whatever

I'll start.
>Miami, FL
>Long Shore Drift
longshoredrift.bandcamp.com/
I saw this band's last show the other night, it was wild. I personally know one of the girls in the band, and they're all chill people. They make good surf rock, really nice stuff.

>The Takers and Leavers
takersandleavers.com/
These guys aren't from my hometown directly, but they do shows down here. Pretty good stuff, at their last show their lead guitarist's strings broke twice from how hard he was shredding.

>The Polar Boys
open.spotify.com/album/7KQRNX7mQfJqo1hipSvV3B
These guys send off serious Beatles/early Beach Boys vibes with their music. Nice harmonies and sweet tunes. When my friend and I first heard about them we read their lyrics and thought they were kinda cringey so we started talking shit in private before the show. Turns out they blew us out of the water with how good they were. Definitely better live than recorded, but their singles are still pretty kickin'.

Other urls found in this thread:

killahwail.bandcamp.com/releases
sloome.bandcamp.com/album/i-wish-you-twice-as-much
guidedbyvoicesmusic.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/somdocaroco
soundcloud.com/vampirestepdad
gregoriofranco.bandcamp.com/
thisischalk.bandcamp.com/
ggrraavvee.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/boba_boi
soundcloud.com/saintekay
pisstest.bandcamp.com/album/piss-test-lp-2-2
soundcloud.com/savagemansion
youtube.com/watch?v=2DKepbAUAes
anxietyglasgow.bandcamp.com/
blanckmass.bandcamp.com/album/world-eater
fuzzkillrecords.bandcamp.com/
lostmap.com/
theshorelinessb.bandcamp.com/album/somewhere-in-time
leatherjacuzzi.bandcamp.com/album/monsters-narcs-and-idiots
meltedmirror.bandcamp.com/album/borderzone
crimsandflow.bandcamp.com/album/nightmare-food-in-the-vacuum-room
janitorscum.bandcamp.com/album/lp
bogofbodies.bandcamp.com/album/gnawed-hose
stickdogwalker.bandcamp.com/track/double-uu-seven
hedgehogshrub.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/biiirth/mud
youtu.be/kaNNddofZPY
youtu.be/prZkXtcugr8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Modesto, California

>¡Killah Wail!
killahwail.bandcamp.com/releases
Lo-Fi surf punk band, I saw them live and they are so young but they have the massive energy for their shows.

>Sloome
sloome.bandcamp.com/album/i-wish-you-twice-as-much
Shoegaze-pop band, I would say they have a mix of Beach Fossils and DIIV. Saw them live too and they're really nice and know how to have fun.

support local music twats

>sloome.bandcamp.com/album/i-wish-you-twice-as-much
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing these guys post the No Harm Done single here a while back. Good stuff all around! Currently listening to these guys before Killah Wail.

>Cincinnati, Ohio
>Guided by Voices

I think GBV totally counts guidedbyvoicesmusic.bandcamp.com/

Don't forget Modesto also has Grandaddy

>Las Vegas, Nevada
>no fucking clue

It's all death metal down here and I'm not a death metal fan so I got nothing.

>>The Polar Boys
Damn these guys are actually pretty good desu.
>>Long Shore Drift
Singing could use work but otherwise dece
>>The Takers and Leavers
Tbh could use work all around but they've got good riffs

>>¡Killah Wail!
Usually not a fan of lo-fi but this is good senpai
>>Sloome
Very good, love me some shoegaze

>>Guided by Voices
Get your Sup Forums core shit outta here

I would contribute but I live in bumfuck nowhere so the only local bands are shitty and not worth shilling

belo horizonte, brazil
soundcloud.com/somdocaroco
samba-rock band

too bad they only have two songs on soundcloud, all their songs are great i have a recording of a live concert of them

Mind uploading that live concert somewhere? This stuff is great, would love to hear what they sound like live

>Atlanta, Georgia

>Vampire Step-Dad
soundcloud.com/vampirestepdad
He's a Synthwave producer with a knack for goofy dad humor and 80s sitcoms
Saw him open for Carpenter Brut and bought his albums
He's cool

>Gregorio Franco
gregoriofranco.bandcamp.com/
Another good synthwave producer
He's opening for Perturbator in a month or two

>Minneapolis, MN

sucha good fucking scene donchaknow

>Chalk
thisischalk.bandcamp.com/
They sound like they all listened to a lot of modest mouse growing up. one of my favorite bands in the city

>Double Grave
ggrraavvee.bandcamp.com/
Shoegazish guitar music. its sad. its cool.

>Cupertino, Bay Area California

>boba boi
soundcloud.com/boba_boi
hes a house producer from close to my house! met him at a boba shop where he works! hes pretty chill!

>sainte kay
soundcloud.com/saintekay
boba boi's girlfriend! an exremely talented dubstep producer! i think theyre both gonna be really big soon!

>>Vampire Step-Dad
Really cool stuff, pretty chill senpai
>>Gregorio Franco
High octane, very cool, love it.

>>Chalk
You know it's hard to pinpoint why exactly but they do sound like they listened to a lot of modest mouse. Still pretty cool tho

>>Double Grave
Like i said before, love shoegaze, this stuff's cool.

>>boba boi
>>sainte key
While I'm not a fan of house or dubstep, I do see the appeal of and talent in these two.

Good stuff all around lads

NAME IT NOW!
St. Louis, MO

If you like some Alt Rock/ Pop Punk then you may like these guys. They have stuff on iTunes and Spotify and stuff. They are also pretty cool dudes and there shows are fun as fuck

pisstest.bandcamp.com/album/piss-test-lp-2-2
Saw them over the weekend, cool band. Kinda like Sonic Youth without the noodling plus a little 80s hardcore/punk

Scotland
(it's less than 5 million people i mean come on)

>savage mansion
really good slackery/pavement/indie rock. really good songwriting. the main guy had an old band called poor things which is also worth checking out
soundcloud.com/savagemansion

>young fathers
used to see them knocking about when i was living in leith. massive attack seems to love them. i think they do the art pop / hip hop type thing really well. interesting production and all that. super fucking awesome live too youtube.com/watch?v=2DKepbAUAes

>anxiety
old school, scary proper hardcore. not a lot of messing around. short songs, very loud, very good. anxietyglasgow.bandcamp.com/

blanck mass
again, bumped into him a couple times when i was living in edinburgh. world eater is fucking awesome. blanckmass.bandcamp.com/album/world-eater

fuzzkill records
from glasgow. pretty much anything on this label is great. catholic action are now signed to a bigger label but a lot of glasgow bands are great, they put on great gigs and are nice people fuzzkillrecords.bandcamp.com/

Lost map
record label based on a tiny album off the west coast. has an annual festival that is awesome. bunch of good stuff there
lostmap.com/

i'll have a think and maybe post more stuff

Great thread so far.

>Santa Barbara, California
theshorelinessb.bandcamp.com/album/somewhere-in-time
I quite like the first song, it's a really relaxing and spacey 8 minute jam. Kinda reminds me of The Verve's early singles.

Idk anything, anyone know some local stuff from Kennesaw Georgia?

>Calgary, AB

Couple of my local faves

>Leather Jacuzzi
>Punk
leatherjacuzzi.bandcamp.com/album/monsters-narcs-and-idiots
These folks rip, so much fun live, catchy tracks. I have this on cassette and am wearing it out playing it a lot in my shitty car.

>Melted Mirror
>Darkwave, dance-able but ominous
meltedmirror.bandcamp.com/album/borderzone
Good shows to go to if you like goth girls. Frontman has a contagious energy for a dude standing at a keyboard.

>Crims&Flow
>Synthy Post-Punk
crimsandflow.bandcamp.com/album/nightmare-food-in-the-vacuum-room
What happens when art students get together to make songs about lizard people and salad dressing.

>Janitor Scum
>Punk
janitorscum.bandcamp.com/album/lp
NOISY cacophonous stuff, even their slow jam (Vacuum Rebuilder) is pretty noisy. I'm a fan.

>Bog Bodies
>Uhhhh. Punk I guess.
bogofbodies.bandcamp.com/album/gnawed-hose
VERY weird. 2 piece with a dude on bass and a dude on guitar, heavy effects on the instruments and vocals, and rapid fire drum machine track from their Ipod they hand to the sound guy to operate at shows. Their songs sound like they're trying to summon something.

Stick Dog Walker from Jamestown NY. His stuff can be hit or miss, but i do really enjoy this song

stickdogwalker.bandcamp.com/track/double-uu-seven

>San Francisco
Too fucking many to name

>Kozhikode, India
>Hedgehog Shrub
hedgehogshrub.bandcamp.com
They usually do live gigs here but they just recently started putting up stuff on bandcamp.

i cant do that, because they didnt release their songs anywhere yet
if you really want it, you can ask it to themselves on their facebook page /somdocaroco

>earth

soundcloud.com/biiirth/mud

Hmm, human music. I like it.

I'm from around Seattle. I don't know the local scene much. Any other Washingtonians know some good locals?

Porto Alegre, Brazil
Não ao Futebol Moderno
youtu.be/kaNNddofZPY
Even though the singer aparently abused some girl, it's still a great Band

Irmão Vitor
youtu.be/prZkXtcugr8
My gf show me this band, it's kinda of a folkish free jazz rock