If you see my dad,
tell him my brothers
have all gone mad.....
Beating on each other.........

My dad listens to really bad mexican accordion music and my mom likes selena

>have a dad
>he's a distant and cold douchebag
>have no idea what he listens to

maybe you're the one being distant and cold. Give him a ring, user.

>have a dad
>he listens to despacito

>have a dad
>hes been molesting me since i was 5

>dad is dead
>he used to listen to dad rock

>listen to dadrock
>wife misscarried

>have a dad
>he listens to Sup Forumscore

I found fucking Spirit of Eden in his vinyl collection. He actually had really odd stuff stored up like old VHSes with anime series going all the way up to the late 60s.

>have a dead dad
>he had an old iPod with a huge library
>never got chance to find out what he listened to
All I know was that he liked some Jon Anderson

>have a deadbeat dad
>he listens to Depeche mode and dark wave

Are you literally me?

>have dad
>he hates all art rock and prog
>have mom
>she loves punk and new wave
needless to say, i have two parents who enjoy music

>have a dad
>only listens to kiss
>went with a kiss concert to him even tho i dont care that much
>it was fucking great
>dont be a faggot, rock out with your dad(rock)

>have a dad
>he despises music

It's great to have patrician parents.

Imagine the disappointment you must be for them

>have a dad
>he's more patrician than me
>he's also a better artist

maybe you're the one molesting him. Give him a ring, user.

must be great having patrician dad

no idea wtf he listens to desu, barely even know the guy.

just be sure to choose wisely
youtube.com/watch?v=w-FpihnDP0I

>have a vacuum cleaner
>it sounds exactly like mbv

mexifag spotted

>Have a dad
>He introduces me to a bunch of Sup Forumscore and other good music in the 90s
>He dies when I'm in high school

>Have dad
>He listens to Nickleback

I mean, he hasn't really developed his taste since the early 90s, but from Spiderland to Remain in Light, most of it is there.

White version is
>country for dad
>steely dan sounding shit for mom

like pottery

>have a dad
>dad influences my tastes, I start to branch off in my own ways
>have a mother
>mother dismisses 90% of my collection as 'just noise'

>have a dad
>listens to jazz, and jazz fusion
>thinks all music has merit

>have a mom
>thinks The Beatles are overrated
>listens to Wings and their solo stuff instead

>my dad listened to nu-metal
Dunno about now, he left me.

>Have dad
>He actually listens 90% National Anthem, 5% classical, 5% random bullshit he put for my 4 year old step brother

>have a dad
>listens to dad rock but also jazz

feelsalrightman

wow how did your dad end up with such a fucking pleb roastie

he never played his music for my mom

yeah user give him a call

yeah user give him a call

>have a dad
>listens to billy bragg and neil young

I'm your dad?

>have a dad
>left mom when I was 4
>no contact since
>no idea what kind of music he listens to
>tfw his current wife sent me friend request on facebook yesterday

>having a dad who listens to rock
To be honest, I can't really imagine this but I wonder how it would have affected my taste in music, my brother who was ten years older than me was listening to forms of rock at least so I guess I was exposed to it growing up (in a watered down form) anyway

Check out My Dad is Dead, pretty good band (though the vocalist keeps them from being top-tier)

>We white.
>Have a dad.

>have a dad
>he is a racetraitor

>have a dad
>listens to russian composers and free jazz

imagine your father's disappointment in having you

>had a dad
>he loved nu-metal such as KoRn, Limp Bizkit, etc.

kys

>has never listened to steely dan
seriously one of the best bands ever and you teenfags are too up-your-own-ass to even give em a shot, or too concerned with your microgenre music determining your identity and coollness. Or you're just flaming retards

cringe

>dad was kicked out of the house when I was 9 by my mom
>dad died when I was 12
>wasnt that close with him
>fast forward 5 years
>find out he was patrician as fuck and listened to a bunch of prog and other "dad rock" and we pretty much have the same music taste
>listening to his record of The Yes Album as I type this
>will never be able to talk to him about music or anything
h-hold me guys :(

:(

you'll be fine, user

>have the ultimate dadrock Dad
>listened to the best dadrock all my childhood. Beatles, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Simon and Garfunkel, Al Stewart, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan... and pretty much most of the other dadrock hits from the 00's and 70's.
>he plays a guitar and would play all these songs all day around the house, as well as listen to them.
>gave me his vinyl collection.

My old man rules as far as music goes. Also I'm 31 and he's in his mid 60s.

All these nu-metal dads... that makes me sad as fuck.

How old can you guys be? Nu metal was popular from like 1998-2004... your dads must have been young or way too old to listen to that garbage.

>dad listens to nothing but Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, Flock of Seagulls, Human League, ABC
>could be worse

If I had to guess, it's probably just Low Spark of High Heeled Boys by traffic on a continuous loop.

which model user? :)

>have a dad
>he listens to absolutely everything and doesn't give a fuck

I like my dad

my first step-father beat the absolute shit out of me. it was never sexual. most of my childhood, up until I was 16 or 17 was a blur, but whenever I look back, the main memories that pop up are the ones where I would either try to hide, or where I was getting mercilessly beaten. he mostly listened to country and rnb.

my second step-father was a great dad for a while, until my mom got a brain tumor, the medical costs drove our large family into poverty, and he became an alcoholic. he was also addicted to pain pill, and still is to this day. it's been 15 years or something. he's huge into genesis and rush. mostly a prog rock kinda guy.

my biological father, I didn't meet him until I was 12. he lives in arizona, and I don't really have any emotional investment in him at all. we'll talk on father's day, and we'll end the call by telling each other we love each other, but we both know in our hearts that we don't mean it. well, maybe he does. maybe he regrets leaving before I was born. he listens to mostly metal, especially power metal.

I often think about what life would be like if I had had a father. I had a dad, but never a father. my mother's gone crazy and will probably die early on due to diabetes. it runs in the family.

I never got into music because of my dad(s), my musical tastes early on were molded by the "weird" stuff my mom would listen to. she was a rocker when she was a kid, eventually getting into artists like tori amos, fiona apple, deep forest. I eventually got hooked into the internet, and I've let that form my musical tastes.

I listen to ambient, post-rock, drone, lowercase, stuff like that. maybe I'm looking for a sense of self... I dunno. I'm stuck in this loop of music that keeps my survivor's guilt, my ptsd, my depression at a low. I don't like feeling anymore. I don't think I ever learned how to feel.

my family was fucked up, is still fucked up, and I don't want to be a part of it anymore.

just imagine I dropped my trip before writing that... I was just posting in an ambient thread.

My parents did nothing but crush my dreams and ruin my self esteem. .

Please duck off back to the_cuckold

>have a dad
>he listens to dadrock
>ritually goes to the same tiny CD shop and buys what the guy tells him to because he thinks he's his friend
>But, my dad used to be a DJ and has a fucking of obscure, experimental shit on vinyl that he decided to store above a radiator for the past 30 years
The man has shit taste - he doesn't even listen to anything, he just blasts shit and moves as far away from it as possible but he may have had a semblance of good taste in the past. Being a dad aged 21 must have ruined him.