Your daily reminder that the metric system is a joke

Your daily reminder that the metric system is a joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AOAtz8xWM0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Actually they used the metric system to calculate the escape velocity and trajectory of the vessel and many other things. Scientists in America are using the metric system. Every SI-Unit is a compilation derived from the MS. Only retarded people are using the imperial system.

While i agree that the imperial system sucks there's still a number of things measured in it which will not change in forseeable time.
I guess a presidents candidate trying to change this would be seen as "unamerican".

Fun fact.

The imperial System today is defined be metric standards.

the spacecraft still used imperial

not that many countries that measures in football fields and half a cat...

because astronauts were used to it. construction plans and calculations were metric.

It's not a joke. It's an easy system of measurement for those who have a hard time with complex math.

i find it interesting that americans kept the imerial system form the british whom they so badly wanted to free themselves from, on could perhaps say that they never truky became free?

at least they teach their kids the right math

:^)

Mars climate orbiter was accidentally crashed into the planet it was supposed to study because of imperial measurements.

No one cares about the moon anymore

>he actually believes astronauts are on the same educational and intellectual level as the guys that created the whole thing
>thinks accomodation to low educated people means acknowledgement rather than intelligent people just having to work around to have their little monkeys do what they were trained to do

>implying the spacecrafts weren't built by russians

NASA uses the metric system.

ITT
OP, who prefers the company of gentlemen, proves that morons will squabble over anything online.

Your daily reminder that there is no flag on the moon.

Never got to the moon.

>Your daily reminder that there is no flag on the moon.
Prove it?

kek

daily reminder that the bongs created imperial and metric

>Prove it
I can't see the flag.

Are you retarded?

Teacher here. That's not what common core is. It doesn't mandate that teachers teach crazy math strategies. It's the same old stuff we've always done - standard algorithm, place value, etc. Common Core is just a nation wide set of standards instead of state-by-state variations. Nothing more. But people who don't know shit about it politicize it and turn it into another "they commin to git us" issue.

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But they didn't.
space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
>"When NASA returns astronauts to the Moon, the mission will be measured kilometers, not miles."

Also you can tell it's a shop because that looks like it's a 1st grade classroom, and those kids are still a good 2 years away from even being introduced to multiplication and division, let alone order of operations issues in multistep problems.

Funny when you think the US are probably the jewest country on Earth right after Israel. May even be a tie.

I like that the imperial system has base 12 for inches in a foot as opposed to base 10.

Ignorant American - that was a little more than 40 years ago

What country is dependent on the Russia to get to the Space station while its private sector tries to make a rocket that won't blow up?

I know you are, but what am I?

why?

Metric is "easier" to deal with and move between units since it's based on 10. But people who have grown up using inches/feet can deal with those numbers just as easily, so it's just a matter of experience. All in all, these systems of measurement are completely arbitrary and this one or that one is only "better" because it's what you grew up with.

>The imperial System today is defined be metric standards
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Your daily reminder that Murrica thinks he won the space race

>first man in space
>first women in space
>first animal in space
>first satellite in space

all by Russia

>hurr durr we landed on the moon so we won the space race

also regarding the system that you are baiting about

tell me how much is 1,54 feet in inches
without a calculator

They got to space on nazi technology lol

It's a damn shame we didn't keep it up. By now the imperial using baby boomers would be dying off, and the gen x's & millenials who would have grown up with it would be used to it.
It's still used to some degree, like 2 liter drinks, 9mm bullets, weed by the gram, but not for important stuff like gallons, miles, feet.

news flash, americans are the only ones who even care about that desolate rock...who was the first in space? Russia.

Also we didnt need to steal niggers form their home to build our country. think about that.

youtube.com/watch?v=AOAtz8xWM0w

>They got to space on nazi technology lol

Love this. Hundreds of thousands of people working on the space program over the years. But a few dozen German scientists get 100% of the credit. You're a dumb motherfucker.

+
/someone else
Werner von Braun and a few collegues of his did do most of the heavy lifting though. Rocket technology was not invented in america.

what even are serfs

>news flash, americans are the only ones who even care about that desolate rock...who was the first in space?

This is like thumbing your nose at Columbus because you invented boats.

Don't even try to pacifay such a useless quarrel, faggot!

>Also we didnt need to steal niggers form their home to build our country
No, you had a local supply, right comrade?

>Rocket technology was not invented in america.

Zero people are claiming it was.

And what is it that put America in the forefront of the nuclear nations? and what is it that will make it possible to spend 20 billion dollars of your money to put some clown on the moon? well,
it's good old American know-how, that's what. as provided by good old Americans like Dr. Wernher von Braun.

Gather round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun,

A man whose allegiance
Is ruled by expedience.
Call him a Nazi, he won't even frown.
"ha, Nazi sch-mazi," says Wernher von Braun.
Don't say that he's hypocritical,
Say rather that he's apolitical.
"once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.
Some have harsh words for this man of renown,
But some think our attitude
Should be one of gratitude,
Like the widows and cripples in old London town
Who owe their large pensions to wernher von braun.

You too may be a big hero
Once you've learned to count backwards to zero
"In German, oder Englisch, I know how to count down
Und I'm learning Chinese now!" says Wernher von Braun

like the messurement of bullets and stuff?

even displays are now in cm in germany and not in inch anymore

Two things i can think of are bike screws and 95% of all electric components.

>tell me how much is 1,54 feet in inches
>without a calculator
Awww, is it to much for your Euro brain?
Don't worry, Americans make these calculations mentally all the time - in fact it's so easy I can walk a Eurotard through it
Remember, this is base 12, so it has that pesky 2 you're so afraid of
154 x 2 = 308
154 x 10 = 1540
1540 + 308 = 1848

Now was that hard, Eruofag? Now suck my Star Spangled dick

Local supply of russians? yeah..very sharp of you to notice that.... as i said we build our country without niggers, can you say the same?
No it isnt you mental nigger.

It took you a whole 10 minutes to find your calculator app and you still managed to get it wrong........

Using white slaves instead of black does not give you higher moral ground, Ivan

Russian construction is known to be shit worldwide. Remember the shitty job you guys did on the Olympics?

dont know waht you mean with "electrical components". When you talk about modules for racks or resistors and ICs they are based on inch yes, but usually use some "units" to get rid from it...like 1,75 inch is 1 rackunit

>No it isnt you mental nigger.

Unless you're going to explain why, then your opinion will be instantly discarded with the rest of the trash. Your simple "no" carries zero weight.

>1,54
Look at your faggot placement of the comma
Look at my math
Look at it again
Now suck my dick

workers arent slaves you retard. we didnt steal anyone from their homes to work people wanted to work. they got to go home to their families, they got payed.

Keep trying to equate the glorious russian working force to your slave trade because you are so lazy and dumb you need niggers to build your country for you.
You cant even win your own wars or olympics faggot.

LE FRANCAIS SYSTEM INTERNATIONALE HON HON HON

realy?

He got 1848 too you stupid shithead

You never explained your argument you mental nigger, you argued that being the first in space is the equivalent to thumbing my nose at Columbus for discovering America (AFTER Norwegians did.)

And that is the falsest of false equivalences ive ever read on this god forsaken board filled to the brim with mental nigger like you.

Every computer comes with a calculator built in, you ignorant russkie sack of shit

18,48 =/= 1848

and that wasnt my point... its just a complete messed up system, free of any logic or sense in math beauty

The entire scientific community works with the metric system, and has for a long long time. The scientists and the published science behind the entire moon mission was using the metric system...

Not exactly dazzling us with your education here....

SI != metric

the metric system is actually pretty good
i just feel like a pussy when i say "my penis is 14.2 centimeters long"

Underrated post with unchecked trips.

This is true

the SI system is a metric system but not every metric system is a SI system...

>thumbing my nose at Columbus for discovering America (AFTER Norwegians did.)

I said nothing about discovering anything. I was referring to Columbus because he was an explorer. Sub in any other explorer's name and the point still stand. You're saying that going to the moon doesn't matter because Russian's put someone in orbit first. Exploring the planet doesn't matter because we got on a boat first. You're dumb.

14 centimeters...rest in peace user-chan. what are you ducht? how do you live with a small pecker like that

Thats like 40 years ago. Move on.

that's roughly 5 inches which is national average
is not my actual penis size, i just used google to put 5.6 inches into cm

>columbus was an explorer
So is my 4 year old, you want to start handing out participation ribbons to everyone now? Columbus was just a chump who never amounted to anything other then his last name being columbus

theres a fuckin huge monument in the dominican republic erected in honour of Sir Christopher Columbus, it's fucking huge man

your argument is invalid

Resistors capacitors, IC's etc.

Funny thing that because of radiation, the american flag on the moon turned white. France is on the moon.

BREAKING, THIS JUST IN: Statues arent actually an argument mental nigger, try again.

i mean i'm able to remember how the metric works
with customary it's like
yea 12 inches in a foot okay
3 feet in a yard? that's okay i guess??
1,760 yard in a mile? what the FUCK

meanwhile in the metric

10 mm in a cm
10 cm in a dm
10 dm in a m
10 m in a dam
10 dam in a hm
10 hm in a km

If you would actually read the article you'd see that they've been using metric for quite a while already.

it's not even a statue it's like a fuck huge rectangular pyramid

Wrong.

Metric was made by the French, by Napolion

You've got me, i didn't read it.

how

fuckkin no

kek

>falling for this ridiculous b8

ye but you dont calculate with them or even convert them.

You know what really grinds my meatballs? Pints. Pints are part of the imperial system, American. They're only used in Europe, home to the metric empire. In Europe you go to the pub for a pint of beer. In america your pyrex or anchor measuring cups either say "2 cups" or "half-quart," desperately trying to avoid using pints.

>Columbus was just a chump who never amounted to anything other then his last name being columbus

Except his voyage was the defining event in modern history. Other than that, yeah what a chump.

Stupid fuck.

UK isnt part of europe faggot. we dont want them you can keep em, also take poland and Czechoslovakia and all that eastern europe slavic trash.

Ok Qaddafi.

>UK isnt part of europe faggot

Yes it is. Europe is a continent. EU is not.

How was it defining if he wasnt the first to discover anything new you mental nigger?

You might actually be retarded.

Didn't convert to m that when using an electric layout program.
Aperrently that leads to horrendous problems.

of course it is, Base 12 mathematics (Imperial) is superior to Base 10 Mathematics (metric) Time it's self is Literally Written in Base 12 Math

>How was it defining if he wasnt the first to discover anything new you mental nigger?

Because the east and west were connected from that point on. Nothing of substance came of the earlier Scandinavian expeditions. Be less dumb.

U.S. military uses Imperial only for runs. In war, everything the U.S. military uses is metric.

It was a defining event because it set the tone for European colonization of the Americas: Through widespread rape and murder. Meanwhile who the hell are you? What have you amounted to in life? Nothing.

thats like saying mexicans are american and we all know they arent,

You can stop being wrong at any time user, have you ever actually read the facts?