Just the fact so many people have to call god fake shows they subconsciously know he is real...

just the fact so many people have to call god fake shows they subconsciously know he is real. i dont go on christmas posts saying "santa is fake you idiots"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9ooZYjF0mI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're supposed to capitalize "He," in deference to God. Just saying. I'm not going to bite, though. There's probably an energy in all things. God might not be what you think.

obviously, but atheists reject the whole idea of god. being an atheist requires more faith than it does to believe in god. who knows if he's real, we'll never know, that's why its called belief. it would be understandable if you're agnostic because that would make sense, you believe in science so you can't say whether hes real or not. but to reject the whole idea of a god is arrogant

the whole purpose of atheism makes no sense. what do you believe in, evolution theory? why, is that proven or is it a theory? how can someone reject god but accept the evolution theory?

I'm not religious in the slightest, but to me the only thing more annoying than a bible thumper is manic atheist.

i agree

that chick been doxxed?

Do you think an all powerful space wizard really cares if you use a capital letter when you refer to him with a pronoun in a meme thread?

because evolution theory is saying the universe came out of nowhere, from nothing, just like god. what makes evolution theory more plausible than god? it doesn't, atheists are just hateful little people and i pity them

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 it 8/8

is it not true? why not?

>because evolution theory is saying the universe came out of nowhere

There's no theory that says the universe came out of nowhere, and the theory of evolution does not deal with the origin of the universe or even the origin of life. It deals with how DNA in a given population changes over time given various internal and external stimuli. Be less fucking stupid.

>please bite

>gravity isn't real because it's just a theory
>how do i into science?

the definition of science is the study of the natural world through OBSERVATION and experiment. did you observe the big bang? did you observe the evolution theory? no? are you a believer now? do you have faith in something that can't be scientifically proven?

Great point. I agree, christians have less common sense that most children. Thanks for clearing that up.

/fucking thread

>why, is that proven or is it a theory

>thinks theory and hypothesis are the same thing.

Protip: putting forth theories is the entire purpose of the scientific process. A theory is that for which there is no contradictory evidence. It could not possibly be further from what you think it means.

>evolution isn't observable

see did you observe the big bang

Did you observe the magical sky wizard creating everything? Prove that the day before you were born happened. You weren't there to observe it. Prove you aren't a stupid motherfucker.

i didn't observe "the magical sky wizard", thats why its called belief. what do you call what you're doing? do you have faith in something that cant be proven scientifically? that's funny isnt it

THIS

You better be careful and capitalize His name or He might smite you. Actually I don't particularly care but it's a thing that Christians do in deference to God. I'm not sure if that rule is only for Christians or other religions as well. I also don't know what religion OP subscribes to.

Direct line of sight is not required to make an interpretation of a past event based upon all available data.

see

>santa is fake
Bullshit.
NORAD tracks his movements every christmas, there's even a website where you can see where he is at any given time.
But you'd rather believe that all those presents just pop up out of nowhere every year? No, wait...let me guess.
"It's my parents" right? They just randomly decide to spend a ton of money on you every year for no reason? "It's because they love me." Yeah, right. It's a nice story, kid, but it's time to accept reality.

see keep trying though

correct, but you can only prove it scientifcally through observation and experiment, hence atheists have just as much faith in something that will never be proven scientifcally as religious people. how do they have the audacity to talk down on religion when they're believing in things they'll never be able to prove?

Yeah it's arrogant but it's OK. If there's a price to pay for that then they'll pay it. We don't know if there's a God, that's why it's called faith to the followers. I personally fall into the 'I don't know' category, but without much of the faith part.

god hates donald trump, the pope said so

The Easter bunny told me that Santa is a fraud. But go ahead, live in denial

Some atheist accept the possibility of there being a god, while others completely denies it.
Some doubt, some deem it likely.

If you're gonna start a thread based around atheism, I would recommend reading up on what it actually means first.

God hates the Pope, God said so.

exactly, we dont know if theres a god or not. im fine with people who choose science over religion. you can't prove or disprove it, just as much as you cant prove or disprove the big bang theory. being agnostic makes sense, you just dont know. atheism however makes no sense at all, you believe in science. science cant prove the big bang. you believe in the big bang. you have faith in something science cant through observation. you're worse than religious people, it's ridiculous

atheim in broad is the rejection of a deity, i have read up a lot on it. if you dont reject a deity then you're not an atheist

Hint: rejecting god concepts does not mean that you think gods are impossible.

Everyone rejects THOUSANDS of deities. Everyone is perfectly capable of seeing that everyone else's deities are bullshit, but everyone turns a blind eye to their own chosen deity.

We all know where atheism comes from.

The Easter Bunny is a scumbag. He once tried to hire a bounty hunter to KILL Santa Claus.
youtube.com/watch?v=t9ooZYjF0mI

I have no problem with people believing in god. I find it a bit hypocritical that OP is so offended by people posting that there is no god, yet he posts his own beliefs and expects others not to be triggered. Honestly I think if you're insecure enough to attack another's religious beliefs than that says a lot about what kind of a person you are.

so you subconsciously believe in santa?

This.
Any religion/belief is fine as long as they don't go out of their way to put down other people over it.

hint: atheism is the absence of believe in the existence of deities, this is what the thread is about

it's about how atheists don't believe in any deities because science cant prove them, when they believe in a theory that can't be proven either, how does that make sense to any person with an IQ above 90?

It's fine to believe that raping virgins will cure HIV?

>atheism is the absence of believe in the existence of deities
Yay you got it.
>it's about how atheists don't believe in any deities because science cant prove them, when they believe in a theory that can't be proven either, how does that make sense to any person with an IQ above 90?
Either troll or homeschooled.

Observation doesn't mean looking directly at something you stupid fucking faggot.

Honestly, I don't see how religion is still a thing in this world.

so you are saying we can observe the big bang then? can you tell us how, you'll probably get a nobel prize for that. please prove the big bang scientifically

you cant, further proving my point, faggot

Fear of death and the unknown, sense of communal belonging.

I think its basically people gas lighting young children to gaslight their eventual children

how am i a troll? you legit can't prove the big bang no matter what you do, hence atheists have more faith in something that can't be explained than it does to believe in god, which is against the nature of atheism

>what is red shift
>what is cosmic background radiation

>thinks it proves the big bang

If you aren't a troll, then you're a retard.

Pick your poison.

>doesn't understand the scientific method

I do that. At malls. With a brown bagged forty. In my red suit.

so you're not denying the fact atheists believe in this thing called big bang theory that cant be proven scientifcally, when atheists claim they only believe science.

what's your purpose on earth then? thats a pretty sad view and i pity them, maybe thats why they're so bitter

So you're not denying the fact that you're a retard.

I think atheists see horrible shit happening in the world and take it as evidence that there's no god. When honestly that only means that if there is a god, he either doesn't care much about people's pain or he's not very effective in relieving it. I say "he" for lack of a better word. I think people need to stop spending so much time focused on the answer to a question no one will probably ever fully know the answer to, and try to admire the good parts of life as much as possible before their meat sacks rot to the point that they can't sustain consciousness anymore and the same inevitable thing happens to us all, whatever that may be. No one knows better than another what that thing is until it happens. And it doesn't matter how you feel about it either, the same fate is in store for us all. And hey, if you think the end result is changed by your actions while you were here, do good shit. It can't hurt.

the fact still stands the big bang theory will never be proven and all atheists have faith in something that's more bizarre than the idea of a creator, ok

Interesting side note, the Big Bang Theory was first proposed by a Jesuit priest, not Hubble.

That's because there aren't billions of adults that believe in Santa and expect everyone else to be good all year regardless of them believing/not believing in him

The fact still stands that you're a retard.

That's true, the idea of existence is baffling. I mean, the paradox is based on our own logic though. Which is probably flawed, historically speaking. The paradox being "if something came from nothing, who made it? And if someone made it, who made them?"and so on, forever

just because you suffer a lot of pain doesn't mean he doesnt care, you don't know what will happen in the afterlife, this is just a test. you might suffer more than another person in this life, but might live better than anyone in the afterlife and your suffering is paid with great reward

Yeah, militant atheists give atheism a bad name. It's a vocal minority painting us all with the same brush. They don't seem to realize it's counterproductive, if you set out to destroy or ridicule someone's beliefs (especially deeply held beliefs) they will just cling to them even harder and hate your guts

If that's the case, then god is limited. If god is limited, why call it god?

Atheists, regarding the Big Bang:
"We think this is what happened, based on all the information we've been able to collate. It's not a perfect explanation, there are still unanswered questions, and if you can correct any incorrect results you find we'd all appreciate it."
theists, regarding God:
We know with absolute certainty that this is the absolute truth because of a collection of bronze age literature. It is infallible, any errors you believe you see are your own misunderstanding of God's truth. Questioning or challenging any of the rules therein is heresy (even if we aren't allowed to burn you at the stake for it anymore).

These are not equivocal points of view.

did you see god, did you see him make the universe, did you see jesus be born or do anything the bible says he did. No...but you believe it, hmmm.

>They don't seem to realize it's counterproductive
Not always. Some kids only stop believing in Santa when the kids on the school bus start ridiculing them for it.

Ridiculous beliefs are deserving of ridicule, by definition.

i would like an atheists view on this. if there can't be a god, someone who's always been there and always will be, how do you explain the big bang? did that come from nothing? if not, where did it come from? and where did creator of the big bang come from? and his creator? again, you end up with this idea of a big bang theory thats more bizarre than the idea of a creator, yet they have faith in something that can't be scientifically prooven. paradox indeed and you'll end up in an endless loop, you have to accept the fact that something has to always be there and always will be

its called belief. what do atheists do?

U r so fucking ignorants what u mean u cant prove the big bang?! Fuckin retards u can provr anything...but god. Youll never know if he exist. But when its proven it doesnt exist ull look for an excuse, just like any ignorant close minded religious asshole

>the universe must have been created
Who created god? And who created the god's creator?

The question itself of "where did the big bang come from?" could be nonsensical, like asking what's south of the South Pole. If time only exists if the universe exists and the big bang was the beginning of the universe, then there wouldn't be a before the universe. The universe would have always existed even though it had a beginning.

not believe because we haven't been given sufficient evidence to warrant belief.

I think the word you are looking for is faith

One demonstrably doesn't exist, the other is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. You can't absolutely prove/disprove god. Personally I see no signs pointing to god's existence but I'm open to the idea of being wrong. If an atheist isn't open to that they're just as bad as the people who aren't open to the possibility of there not being a god

Shes on tour with Tim Mcgraw

the universe would have always existed, that's theoretically possible, but a god that's always been there and always will be is rejected by atheists, which reeks of arrogance

Santa does not demonstrably not exist. He's unfalsifiable like any magical being, because magic.

I'm open to the idea of being wrong about Santa just like I'm open to the idea of being wrong about gods.

The universe is observed to exist. Gods are not.

what made god?

one side doesn't' believe, the other side tries and make laws limiting the free will and rights of people who don't agree with their unprovable sky daddy.

Yea they are clearly both just as bad m8, you got me there m8, you have opened my eyes m8.

kek (y'all)

I mean, it's proven he did exist at one point though, like how Jesus was tan.

There are a few hypotheses about what existed before the big bang. One concept, which actually goes all the way back to ancient Hindu beliefs, is that the universe is actually pulsing. It expands and contracts periodically. One universe collapses to an infinitely small infinitely dense point, and then a new universe explodes out of that. In this hypothesis, the "big bang" is just the most recent universe explosion in a sequence whose origins are impossible to even speculate.
The honest answer, though, to "What happened before the big bang?" is "We don't know, and probably never will." because all we are able to do is infer what happened in the past by looking at the present and tracing things back. This leads us to believe that all matter in the universe exploded out from a single point, but that's literally as far as we can actually go with that. It is impossible to extrapolate what the conditions prior to the big bang were, because everything we are able to perceive is from after the big bang. We can guess, but we'll never actually know.

what made the universe?

bronze age farmers

not sure wasn't there

Why do you assume the universe was made?

me neither, do you believe the universe came from nothing? or do you believe it's always been there and always will be, like god?

i don't assume anything. im asking what atheists believe. do you believe its always been there?

I'm talking in terms of ideology, I agree trying to legislate morality is bullshit. I was pointing out the fact that if you aren't open to the idea then the foundation of your ideology is as flawed as a religious fanatic because you've made up your mind before all the facts are in

atheists don't believe in the god proposal. thats it, being atheist doesn't apply to anything else, what they believe depends entirely on the individual.

THIS, for the entire evangelical christian population of Sup Forums. Both of you.

There's nothing about atheism that implies any sort of belief about the universe. I believe that we don't have sufficient information to justify any sort of belief regarding anything before the big bang, if there even is such a thing as 'before' the big bang.

>theory and hypothesis are the same thing.
Actually have you bothered to look at the definition itself?

the·o·ry
ˈTHirē/
noun
noun: theory; plural noun: theories

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
"Darwin's theory of evolution"
synonyms: hypothesis,

you are as stupid as my dad, says the same shit

>facts
>thinking religion has any
>thinking atheism means believe god is not when it means not believing in it.