Does Sup Forums believe in God?

Does Sup Forums believe in God?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R66r_XMoDkk
youtu.be/9aUowoykENE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I personally do

Imagine Infinite Spirit ever present with loving intelligence.

I do not.

Yeah we just don't agree with him

I don't either. Never saw a reason to believe.

I believe that some almighty force does exist but those books written about him are a load of shit

Fucking this! OMG these simple words have brought enlightenment towards humanity!

Why would anyone worship any god that allows Sup Forums to exist?

Lol no

Sup Forums simultaneously believes everything and nothing.
We're a cross-section of every demographic out there.
Personally I haven't found a religion that I found convincing, but I might be one of the people who has a fault in the area connected with belief in their brains.

Carl, is that you?

Imods...?are/ god?

I mean, without a doubt there is something else out there, but written religion is bullshit.

edit: Hopefully GOD doesn't show me this and refuse entry to heaven. Also the 40TB of Cheese. He better have internet and not be a console fag.

Does God believe in me?

no,since there isn't any evidence that he or anything supernatural exists

I do.

Without a single doubt?
Do you have something to substantiate that?
Personally I'm not against the idea of a god existing, I just find it highly unlikely. So doubt is the basis of my dis/belief.

Personally? I don't find the concept of a god that created existence unfathomable. Existing within the confines of said creation however, I am unable to verify what is or is not tangible evidence for a creation by a divine being, as being limited only to that single creation, I lack the necessary components to quantify anything beyond said existence.

If you painted a picture, and what you painted suddenly came to life but was subject to only interact with what was on the canvas, would it be able to perceive you or know you, without having the slightest concept of anything beyond the canvas?

I would also wonder in infinite regress whom or what it was that created said god.

That being said, since this thread is about a specific god; no.

Here's the real thing though, what is the lose vs the gain, because if you don't believe and you're wrong you're fucked but if you believe and you're wrong nothing happens

I believe in god but I don't consider him worthy of worship.

No.

What if you believe in the wrong one?

Define god

i could believe in a universe spanning awareness but it wouldn't have thoughts like like we do, and it definitely wouldn't be like the cranky old dude described in the bible.

I belive in Alluh

I definitely know and believe in God, Jesus Christ loves you and is closer than you can comprehend. Have you ever seen a miracle? I have. Prayed in Jesus name and this man was healed, it works by belief. He believed in Jesus, and by that belief he was healed!

I believe in meme lords

most likely no

There are no gods. You are a monkey on a rock waiting to die. Death is what you were before conception.

All abrahamic religions worship the same god

And I personally do believe

Something that doesn't require magic and who isn't a dick, yes.

Give me a reason to believe in a good.

just go with Christianity then you'll be with the most people if you get fucked over

You're an app and your beliefs don't matter.

What if the abrahamic religions are wrong?
Also this isn't exactly true, allah and yahweh were gods side by side back when the middle east was polytheistic.

Ape not app. Same dif.

I don't. Probably the reason I don't is because my parents never forced anything into my brain.

Well, who knows then.

yes and each claim that you're going to hell for eternity of choose wrong,this is called Pascal's Wager it's a logical fallacy debunked a long time ago

They are wrong by default. Burden of proof is on them.

I'll stick with atheism. Thanks all the same.

why don't you look for one, you lazy bastard?
seriously

I don't need one. I am not subject to the same hubris as you are. You're an app on a rock and when you die you will be dirt.

APE NOT APP. Stupid machine.

I dunno man, if someone did know we'd all be part of that religion and enjoying whatever benefits being part of the right religion.
I agree.

the right religion has.*

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Agnostic
Both the religious fanatics and militant atheists dont make sense to me

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Sorry wrongquote

Agnostic is a qualifier though.
You can be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist. It all comes down to whether you will claim to know of the non/existence of god or not.

these religious nutjobs are slowing down scientific advancement and the progress of our society just imagine how awesome a world without religion would be,this is why many atheists are militants

God in the traditional sense as in a Christian God. You can believe in a creator but not necessarily God

Are you for real asking Sup Forums users if they believe in god?

So Christians want a monopoly on the word God?
That is some manipulative language use if I ever saw it.

Every theistic religions claim to have a monopoly on the truth of which god is real.

Sure, but they don't tend to monopolize the word god, they just claim theirs is the true one.

nope
nor do i believe in unicorns, fairies, or other mystical creatures

"allah" just means "god" in arabic
jews believe in the same god that christians do
that pretty much sums up the major monotheistic religions

youtu.be/R66r_XMoDkk

Allah was a moon god way back when though, yahweh was the sun god, I forget what yahweh's wife was called and what she was the goddess of though.

most murricans are indoctrinated since birth to believe in god
even after coming here, god is still burned into their brains

why don't you look for a reason to believe in leprechauns, you lazy bastard?
seriously

Hay wats up fidora. I need Id find you here. Your the kind of guy to get mad when people say "our prayers are with the dead" arnt you.

I personally don't believe in God, but it's hardly deniable that an atheistic society that pays no attention to the very philosophies and teachings that allowed the early growth of said society, will degenerate rapidly. So no, I don't believe in God, but I understand the importance of the idea of God and religion.

I don't actually get and at other people's beliefs. I leave that to people like you.

I don't get mad *

That scene in Rick and Morty s2 ep 1 or 2 where they unfreeze time and the shit splits up so the world around Rick collapses and Rick is about to die so he frantically asks for mercy/forgiveness only to survive and instantly says suck it God, God doesn't exist... That's 100% how I believe/operate. I nearly die quite a lot because of fucked heart and I do this every fucking time

like I'd say

need i say more

youtu.be/9aUowoykENE

nope. religion is annoying.

GOD IS A LIE, MAN MADE RELIGION, YOU HAVE A SUPER-MICRO-PENIS, IM HIGH OFF MY ASS FROM LSD AND JUST TOOK AN EIGHTH OF MUSHROOMS!!!

A better question is, does God believe in me?

Most of us do, I personally do.

LSD and Mushrooms at once, isn't that a bit overkill caps lock user?

maybe

NAH MAN ITS ACTUALLY PRETTY FUCKING NICE. SORRY I HIT THE CAPS LOCK AT SOME POINT TODAY AND NOW ITS STUCK

no
things which do not exist cannot hold beliefs

nope

Yes I do. But God only talks to me when I eat my magical mushrooms.

It's probably not really stuck, you're just too spacey to figure it out.
Do me a favor, go look at some black and white drawings and enjoy the extra amount of perspective for me.

>Jesus promised an end to wicked men
>modern world run by wicked men
vs
>Odin promised to save us from Frost Giants
>global warming

The evidence is clearly in Odin's favor.

Kind of do

Yes.

One snag though user, global warming will eventually cause a new ice age, all you would need after that is the giants.

Fuck Odin lets join the frost giants

no
why should i give a supernatural reason for things we dont understand?

It's a potato potato situation anyway. The ice giants, Odin and his brothers all spawned from the same creature named Ymir.
The only thing that really differentiates them is Odin asserting that he is a god while the frost giants aren't.

wicked men

Frost Giants
lol

I do not hold the belief in God because I find there is no tangible evidence to support a belief in him. Agnostic Atheist master race reporting in

I believe in God and Jesus, but the Christian religion itself is really hard to believe in for me. I believe there is a higher power but I don't believe in Adam and Eve, or most of the stories for that matter.

People always say "if God was real why is there war?" and my answer to them is because there's supposed to be war. For one reason or another God knows that the war is supposed to happen for things to be right in the future (think of the butterfly effect).

I dunno. The whole thing is super weird for me. I believe that God and Jesus exist and that there's a higher power, but I also believe in science, the Big Bang, etc.

define god

If wars are needed, how can god be just and good.
If god isn't just and good, why worship him?