Ask an experimental condensed matter physicist anything

Ask an experimental condensed matter physicist anything

put that in normie terms also how much do you make

I'm currently a research Assistant, so i'm only pulling 50k, but I'm currently working on an Army contract to make chemical weapon detectors

thoughts on global warming debate

he makes shapes out of really small, strong things

It's actually not as cut and dry as the meme scientists make it seem. Yes for sure humans have had an impact on the environment, but the exact amount is still pretty iffy, i'm not a climate scientist so i'm smart enough to realize it's not my field to talk about

give me some mindfuck physics fact

Estimate on how long until this shit can be used in skin cyberware.

The force of friction is independent of surface area, all sense of touch is based on electrostatic repulsion, and solid materials are fucking magic.
I dunno, 20 years maybe? I'm currently building patch antennas that can be easily stuck onto shit, and one professor I know showed that neurons can be built onto CNT's

Why is there a difference in the levels of matter and antimatter in the universe? They should have been generated in the same quantity, and there's no explanation for the CP symmetry breaking.

Schway.

Why is IBM holding back on graphene computer?

Is climate change a thing that we should be concurred about.

Dude if I could answer that I'd have a damn nobel. Also I do Experimental CMP, High energy is out of my league.

only pulling in 50K and your doing a shit ton of work, do you think you should be payed more?

I'll be paid more once I land a real job and not an assistant position. I love what I do and compared to grad school 50k is so much fucking cash.

Can you fuck it!?!?!?

you can fuck anything if you try hard enough.

When is the graphene elevator to space getting built?

why can't they make condensed milk that tastes more like regular milk? is the matter hard to condense?

never. It's so damn impractical

do you apply the knowledge from what you learned at school into your current job? Or is software a major helper etc

Why is diamond the hardest metal?

Both. I'm using shit I learned every day, but it's not like I can do calculations or simulations by hand
It isn't actually. Lonsdaleite and Wurtzite Boron Nitride are both stronger, as well as the Carbon nanotubes in my original image

Nigga what? A space elevator would make long time space missions with huge spaceships and a fraction of the current costs possible. The thing itself is far from impractical. The materials we have at current times are.

Sorry, I guess I should have said not for a long ass time. It's still pretty tough to get a full CNT sheet built, and the scales needed to form a functioning space elevator would be pretty damn insane.

If someone had a sexual attraction to a person with a Y chromosome, would you consider that desire a homosexual one despite the persons they desire presenting an outwardly female appearance?

would you say your work is similar to what an engineer does? Or is it allot different? sorry, i'm a normie.

I was more asking if you had a speculation. Obviously no one really knows, but my guess is that it's some quirky interaction between the EM force and one of the other 3. Probably not gravity.

And is Carnation the best in your opinion?

Does it piss you off when you see SEM pics in color?

Are traps gay?

See you mongoloid.

did hitler do anything wrong ?

can you actually find jobs with B.S in physics? or do you NEED graduate school?

Honestly yea it kinda is. Engineering jobs are more fun, because I like building shit and playing with expensive toys, but I don't just do fabrication every day. I get to develop new things for engineers to make.
I only took like 2 semester of QFT and particle so I'm practically retarded when it comes to modern problems in high energy, sorry man.
Not really. False coloring is hella useful to make data easy to understand.
Sure I guess it's gay to like traps, but who gives a shit. If you wanna fuck em fuck em
If you do any research in undergrad you can get some nice ass jobs with just a BS. Most of it will be engineering, CS, or stats, but you can still get a well paying safe job.

Do you work for owlstone inc by any chance?

Monowire when?

Noap.

Can you build something to detect who farted? I'm serious.

Yea, you would just need a gas sensor that reacts to methane and stick in on everyones pants. The chemical bond would change the properties of the material and that could turn on an LED or sound a buzzer if you wanted.

I'm not fucking gay, you asshole! I don't even look at the dick and I go limp if our balls touch.

No need to take offense. Personally I think sexual orientation is fucking stupid. Fuck who you want, etc.

ah okay i'm asking because i've heard you NEEDED graduate school to be able to do anything with physics. I'm undecided if I want to do engineering or physics; thoughts? (quantum mechanics looks hard af)

Well you're a faggot then.

Why isn't there ever enough furry art online?

how dense is the most condensed matter you work with?

Dude, it's good exercise for your jaw. Don't be an ass.

once you have gotten super familiar with the project threaten to quit unless they double your salary. they are going to sell the technology to the army for like 50 million dollars

Shit, I like you user! You can come over to my house and fuck my brother.

Quantum isn't hard. It's literally just linear algebra. And honestly if you go into EE you'll have to know some basic quantum anyway. It depends on what you want to do. A BS in physics is a jack of all trades degree, but a BS in engineering is a guaranteed job in that field.

Dude! I ain't gay! Can he wear a dress or something?

kek

Hoe du i gete 2 teh deap webe.. ? Thx xd xp

Why isn't Penrose Interpretation more widely accepted?

why are you here