Why did this meme die?

Why did this meme die?

Keep it up. He's gotten more popular since it started. In the polls.

A

chose its opponent poorly

I hope that Americans realized that roughly two thirds of Family names in the US at one point were Americanized.

>Why did this meme die?

Forced memes that are based on lies and stupidity all die everntually.

>meme

If I'd move to America I would Americanize my name.

A) It required explaining every time you told it
B) Low energy
C) It was xenophobic as fuck, since lots of people changed their surname at Ellis Island so nobody thought it was noteworthy

It wasn't an Americanization, the change from Drumpf to Trump happened back here in Germany in the 1600s.

>wanting memes promoting your candidate to die
THE MEMES WILL RAISE

Because it wasn't funny, if i moved to the US or England i would anglicize my surname too

What our professor of shitposting said

It's just not a good meme

all memes die user its the circle of life

The situation is basically pic related, but pretend there's a MAGA hat on Morgoth and yellow teeth/cuck hair on Fingolfin

also pretend the image quality is better, fuck this phone

It never lived in the first place.

Because its (the current year)!

Thanks toothpaste.

I try to imagine how a conversation with these retards would go, if one was wearing a Make Donald Drumpf Again cap and somebody asked about it.

>What's the cap mean?
Drumpf was Trump's old family name, but the changed it to Trump!
>Okay...
Yeah, he should change it back to Drumpf!
>I don't follow. My family changed their surname from Schmidt to Smith when they arrived.
Well yeah... Drumpf though... It sounds silly right?
>...

I always refused to watch the John Oliver shit, and so I've never heard anyone say Drumpf out loud, but I'm willing to bet they're not pronouncing it the German way anyway.

same day as the day of rope

Those who are not proficient in practicing meme magic are unlikely to create lasting memes.

People who complain about immigration typically complain about people's refusal to adopt he language and better integrate.

Drumpf shows that in the past people would go to extreme lengths to not just come to the country but actively become a part of the citizenry.

Its too foreign looking.

>"mpf"
What the fuck is this shit?

Because why would a racist be ashamed of German blood.

Because it implied is that Trump is German, another Nazi Hitler Supremracist.

Turns out that is what people are looking for in a president.

Trump trolled the left so hard that now they spend most of their time making free advertisements for him.

It's transphobic. There's no room for that in modern progressive society.

it was to forced. no subtilty.

liberals also lost their sense of humor so many who had seen it dont laugh. their souls are lost in the abyss where they worry about offending people by having opinions

Memes used to be controlled by Merchants of Media but now, the memes are loose.

Because it's really stupid and unfunny I'd guess

John Oliver fell into his own trap of assuming that all republicans are dumb, and underestimated Trump. He truly believed that Trump attacks peopl out of impulsive anger, so he created a very personal attack and expected the Donald to hit back and create a media circus. That would have definetly hurt Trump and lifted Oliver.

But Trump is not stupid, called the bluff and simply ignored the guy. This made Oliver look like a try-hard (who went way too far with the merchandise and stuff) and Trump as the bigger man.

Because it's shit and comes from the mind of a petty snaggled toothed leftie twat?

For a meme to have staying power, it needs to have some level of transformability. Memes that are just repeating a name or phrase over and over again with nothing to follow it always die out quickly without fail

Take baneposting for example - the reason it's survived so long is because it's more about a core concept (a 5 minute scene from TDKR) and appropriating it to be relevant to a different context. The humor comes from that transformation

Saying 'drumpf' over and over again died out because it had nowhere to go or expand

You pretty much just hit it on the head, that's how a conversation with these people goes. I've only ever seen one person try to use "le Drumpf xD" as a debate point. They were a Bernie supporter, and I was wearing my Trump pin to class that day. IIRC it went something like this.
>Oh, you're a TRUMP supporter? Why are you so ignorant? Don't you know that guy chases black people out of his rallies because he's raycissss?
>General debate about the wall, why Trump's not racist, foreign policy and economy follows
>after I make a few points, "Well, and your precious leader's last name used to be Drumpf!"
>Ask what that has to do with anything, mention that my Grandfather had his name Americanized from some confusing Irish name, along with Sanders changing his last name to sound less Jewish much more recently
>She literally can't tell me why it matters that Trump's ancestor changed his name, or how it invalidates his campaign